Hurt!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Flashy Swagg, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

It’s very sad to see how inactive the PvP section of the forms have become. Everyday was a new post even if it was fix PvP. It’s july and as of the post being typed it’s only 2 posts that have been made this month or commented on. I love this game to the point the only reason I have a PS4 is because of this game. At the same time PvP was once the best thing going in this game. Every big YouTuber for this game has always been a PvP’er outside of a handful. Once you stopped showing love to PvP they in return slandered the game because the devs in turn slandered what they stood for in PvP by never showing the want to fix it or trying to either. Every year we get asked Multiple times a year what do we want fixed in the game and I’m pretty sure most people say PVP yet it has never been looked at or even discussed as a possible fix or revamp. At this point don’t even ask us what do we want fixed if you’re not going to do it. You know what we want and what the game needs. It gets boring just pve’ing all the time and this is coming from a guy who never got the chance to get into pvp and when I did it was very borken. PvP alone will get you population and great clout with ppl with voices in the game to get them to tell others to bring them back. At the end of the day even if you didn’t try to make money off pvp it would still draw you money in the form of population and subs because people would once again love to PvP and then you guys wouldn’t feel the need to cash grab us AT ALL. If you’re going to ask us want we want and we’ve told you for 5 years fix PvP then you know what to do and should take some actions of note in the eyes of the community to fix the problem and make it right again. If it was pve that went this long without a fix you guys would not have stood for it. Plz show pvp and the PvP community the same respect because they will in kind return it to you. Plz I love DCUO so do something (In my John Cena voice). I would love the chance to be able to PvP and really get into the game and so many others are missing out on these things because it feels like you guys don’t care. Others will go that far I’m not going there cuz idk. I’m just asking plz put aside whatever you guys have going on for the long over due fix. This is the biggest issue in the game as of right now imho because it has been so long. Show us some mercy already plz!
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

not everybody likes pvp plain and simple, it might look like they do if just paying attention to the forums but the forums only represent accurately 10-15% of the game populace, when looking at the open world or watchtower/hall of doom you see a match here and there between a select few players and that's it. if they really wanted to fix this game a tutorial is a start so that the dps only players have no excuse for tripping up a run with repeated wipes just cause they refuse to perform support roles when needed. another thing that'd help would be good styles not behind a pay wall each month while giving us just plain 'meh' styles as part of the content. sure pvp seems "fun" to pvp players just as shopping somehow appeals to overly aggressive men and women, you like it cause to you yelling at people and insulting them and beating them up in a place designated for it is your idea of fun, most people just don't care for the cursing and bragging when so and so thinks they're such a big shot just cause they could beat some other so and so. the biggest problem with the game isn't pvp it's how the game is run and functions, it's basically on auto pilot. pvp would not help that cause pvp players wouldn't contribute to what is the main issue, the fact that 4 man and 8 man operations are the glut of this game's content and there aren't enough players who are competent enough to run it and succeed to make 8 man raids practical. yeah you'd have more people on, in the pvp servers and the pve content which is how people level and what's mostly available would still be stalled and what's worse i'd have dozens more people peskily sending ninja invites to duels which i do not participate in and who apparently don't know that the word no means NO.
  3. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

I definitely understand some of your points and they make sense like most of the community not liking or caring about PvP and you are right but there were some points I think you overlooked I made about the importance of PvP and how it could very much so boost population in game. It could also make pve a bit more tolerable to deal with. With something else to do it could and small ways offset the PVE issues we have because we won’t be forced to PVE all day long. I guess agree to partly disagree.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This is no longer the case. A couple of years before the revamp, pvp had a newer and good sized community. It still wasn't enough for the devs to work on PvP. It's been a year, and pretty much crickets on the devs side.

Fixing pvp won't automatically fix the games population. Most of those pvpers from early on to now have possibly moved on to other games.

I want pvp back also, but I feel of something was going to be done. It would have already. Heck, the last time they did anything with pvp was Belle Reve. They made 1 new arena map. Thru out a set of gear. Tied feats to it. Pvp was popping for like a month or so. Pvers get their feats and get out.

Crossing my fingers that one day pvp will get some love.
  5. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

Yeah I’m definitely not saying it would fix the population issue only that it would help it out a lot sorry if I made it seem like I said otherwise. What needs to happen is there has to be consistent updates to PvP from fixes all the way to updated feats and gear to keep it going. Just like for pve. Let me also restate what I said in my first comment which is ppl pve’d to get stronger for PvP. Meaning grinding feats and everything was used to be stronger in PvP all of that makes them money even if it’s not coming directly from PvP and it’s worth the mention for this topic.
    • Like x 1
  6. Racchus New Player

DCUO PvP can be extremely fun and also extremely frustrating. The fact that a full premade can face a random pug group means that matches are bound to be one sided most of the time. This cannot be fixed as the game PvP is now because it has a small player base and finding more even matches would be impossible.

I say they should focus on three maps at first: 1v1 map, 2v2 map, and a 5v5 map. Leave all the maps open for scrimmages though. This will allow them to balance powers better because as we know, some powers are more suited for 1v1 than 5v5 and vice versa. If they take statistics on what powers are doing well in 1v1 they can figure out if a power actually is OP, and on the other hand if a power does badly in 1v1 they can buff it. But you must also take into account player skill and performance in a match, this can already be done by taking into account the numbers a player puts up on the scoreboard and by checking a players performance history based on their power. It will be nearly impossible to balance powers for both 1v1 and 5v5 so only one match type must be a priority. I say prioritize 5v5.