Hu7ch's Simple Guide to Earth Tanking and DPSing.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Hu7ch, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Hu7ch New Player

There we go, colour change! If it still burns your eyes just poke me o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Much better!

I'll poke you in-game if you kill my Brick again! He's innocent.
  3. Hu7ch New Player

As to the previous posts about Reinforce... If you are Tanking it is a power you might want to have but in terms of Arenas, my immunties cover the healers enough for them not to take to much damage from trolls due to debuffing. I did ask my league before doing a 5v5 premade and they prefered me to use WoP to Reinforce x.x. Also I agree with Alpha on using the Lasso in Arenas, reason I didn't add it was because some look on Iconic powers in a guide and go wuhhh. As to Amazonian Defence i'd say I have tested it but if you have a full T4 5v5 team you won't and shouldn't need it at all.
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I do not have any T4 gear because it is rare that I win arenas. Problem is when I queue with my league leader who is full T4 pvp guess what? I have to fight T4 in my mixed tier gear. So basically I have to Pug and hope for the best.
  5. AIpha New Player

Well there are a lot of ways to get immunities in PvP in which case no stun/knockup in the world will work.
  6. AIpha New Player

Follow up to Crystal wiping teammates debuffs: Completely and utterly false she will only wipe your debuffs and break you out of encasements she does not do anything for teammates.

Confirmed through multiple arenas tests.
  7. Hu7ch New Player

Thanks for that update Alpha.
  8. Korrupt New Player

I understand that you're trying to help people. Lets be honest, you're loadout/guide isn't that great.

Earth Tank-DPS players will want the following:

Unstoppable, Reinforce, Pebbleblast, Lasso, Crystal Golem, Speed drain

Dazing Grenades

Unstoppable -> Cleanse/Immunity, adds initial PI to target (Dazing),
    Reinforce -> Grants 115 Prec, Crit chance or Magnitude(I can't remember), Absorbs 25% from focus target
    Pebbleblast -> Much like gauss with PI and single target (Will do 2 ticks of damage with PI, with high burst potential) - Quick removal of troller's PoT/Shields.
    Lasso -> Grounds, Stuns, Decent Damage
    Crystal -> Effective against control effects
    Speed drain -> It's a strong DoT and gives power to the team/you

** Also, I would like to note that this setup is ideal to run with a nature healer because Carnage/Reinforce stacks.
    ** This setup is ideal for someone that is modded full precision/precision-power/power-health.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

B
    Brick>Crystal. Seems its better to be tougher to kill.
  10. AIpha New Player

Crytal is only effective against encasements and debuffs to YOU. Anything else she will not do anything for. Might want to remove her for a more damaging power or good CC power like Stone.
  11. Korrupt New Player

Note
    Notice I said effective against control effects. I didn't mention team.
  12. Korrupt New Player

Also,

Pebbleblast should be your spam move. Stone is useless.

Use Dazing Devices to setup PI

Stone not really a move I would have on my bar since there's PI grenades

The loadout I'm giving is efficient.

If you dont use Crystal, I would use phase dodge to mitigate damage in case you're focus fired.

Phase Dodge is highly spammable and can clip lasso/pebbleblast.
  13. AIpha New Player

right but the only control effect she is effective against is encasements in which by the time she gets you out you could've already broken out of. She doesn't PREVENT them just wipes them. Debuffs are different and if you are the tank in a competive PvP you are rarely getting focused.
  14. AIpha New Player

I didn't say use stone for a PI starter I said use it for a cheap CC. Stone is a knockdown aside from dazing. Why would you need to clip PB? Its the fastest power we have and activating PD and jump/block canceling takes longer than PB does to finish.
  15. Korrupt New Player

I was just noting that phase dodge clips about everything
  16. Hu7ch New Player

When I added stone to the loadout I was refering to a dueling loadout where using consumables makes you look a bit nooby. But in DPS arenas I agree to switch Stone for, if you are SS Phase Dodger.