How's the F2P restrictions?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Neojade13, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Neojade13 New Player

Hey guys,

My download is at about 23%-ish right now. Just wondering how the F2P restrictions are here. Pretty stoked to make a Lex Luthor as boss speedster. ;) My unemployment is sitting at 17 weeks so whatever game I eventually land up on I do plan on supporting but for the time being if I am locked to like 20 levels or unable to access the game beyond X point...y'know. :oops:
  2. Neojade13 New Player

Well 1 hour in and I've seen 100 spambot messages for website spam and already used up my 5 "daily" messages to ask wth is going on lol. Yikes.
  3. The Jeff Well-Known Player

The spam is bad in the HoD/WT, Metropolis, and Gotham. I don't see it in other zones. The biggest issue I had with F2P was the escrow limit. My taste in base decor simply can't get by on that limit.

IMO the monthly sub is reasonable at 15$. You get unlocked everything, no cash cap, etc. Once you are able to, I would recommend it but that's just my opinion, of course. It's the price of a decent lunch or a movie ticket + tiny soda for nearly unlimited monthly entertainment. That's not a bad deal at all.
  4. myandria Item Storage

Agreed; it is also a good idea to keep an eye out for a membership sale. The PC membership sale may not coincide with the console membership sale; I usually try to take advantage of the 3 or 6 month membership sale(s) when it happens. For example, a 3 month membership is $38.97 USD; at a 30% discount, for example, you would get 3 months for less than 30 dollars.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

All in all the system isn't bad, having a cash limit is really annoying but you learn to work with/around it.

I do recommend that you at least get your account to Premium (one step above Free), no chat restriction on shout, you can mail items and get more character slots. All that is needed is to spend only $5 which would be best used on inventory space.

The spam bots are an unfortunate side effect of online gaming and the chat restrictions you are dealing with are one of the many failed attempts to stop them, which as usual only hurt the players. All you really can do is put them on ignore and move on.

Oh and Welcome to DCUO I hope you have a lot of fun while your are here.