How would you Design a Seasonal?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Magician Dedicated Player

Back in the day of SOE Live, we were fortunate to work with a Dev together to design a seasonal.

So, I reach out to you, the extended community: How would you design a seasonal?

Start with:

What seasonal event (existing or new)
    Who is the primary protagonist /antagonist?
    What is situation you are trying to solve?
    Where would it take place?
    How does it fit in the DC timeline?
    Do not to be politically or religious in development

Please consider: Would your main hero/villain behave a certain way? (Comics are a good reference point)

Needs to be applicable for both heroes and villains
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

Without clamping the players stats.
    • Like x 12
  3. BlueDynamo Active Player

How about the heroes/villains try to foil the Easter Bunny's plan to kill Santa? Would bring Lobo into the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

HAHAHAHA!!!

Post of the day!

/thread
    • Like x 1
  5. not_again Dedicated Player

If it was up to me I would replace them all for a year and design a seasonal that wraps up at Christmas based on Batman: The Long Halloween. These could be the same instances shown from Batman's perspective (hero) and Harvey Dent's perspective (Villain).

Basically as each holiday arrived you would search for clues through out Gotham while taking out a few of Falcone or Maroni's Goons (This is like any typical open world where you get a few marks). Once that is complete que up and face any of the following Villains/Heroes inside instance: Joker, Catwoman, Batman, Harvey Dent/Two Face, Scarecrow, Riddler, Solomon Grundy, Calander Man, Poison Ivy, Jim Gordon, Etc.

I don't want to go into details of the series as it would be a spoiler, but this entire series is based on murders at holidays throughout the year.

I know this is the probably the equivalent of monthly episodes and not really feasible but I am in charge of these instances and I am blowing the budget wide open.
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

Great Topic!

• "Indian Summer Season" in Late September, October, or November
    • Zatanna being the Protagonist, while Antagonist will be Evil Allura
    • The Curse of the **** Magi Race must be lifted
    • Distorted Shadowlands( Loop holes are summoned), Zatanna is lured there by her past with Allura
    • The timeline would consist of: Evil Allura some how gets her hands on a time travel Device she have stolen from Lex Luthor to finish her feud with the **** Magis, She then uses the device to change history by kidnapping Zatanna into her dimension, but that's not all of what she call bringing back to her dimension, Exobyte infused Heroes and Villains has somehow got swallowed into the dimension and are at the Aid.
    • The only Crowd Controls Players will face is that from both Zatanna and Evil Allura
    Heroes will Fight Allura with her summoning Loop holes from the device, and her using some of her magi, With Zatanna being held captive, the heroes will find thier selves sometimes being attacked by Zatanna inconsistently.
    Villains will Fight Zatanna with mix messages in mind that Allura was in it just herself, While Zatanna blasts her way with Freezin, Electric and burning Crowd Control at 50% of her health the Villains have already caught on to Allura Releasing Zatanna from the Loop holes while Zatanna transmute that damage to Allura the Villains must defeat her at once.

For those who are unaware of Evil Allura

[IMG]
  7. KidMidnight Loyal Player

might not be an official seasonal but back when we had the first halloween instance with the scarecrow this thread came up and i remember dreaming up an instance against batmans foe the calendar man that would change each time you enter. depending on which seasonal you draw the ads and sub bosses would reflect that season and with so many added since then i think it would be fun. for halloween klarion would of course be the sub boss and you'd fight seasonal ads (beefed up a little of course...or not the way things have been lately) etc etc etc.
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

Not hitting the exact topic of the thread but not completely off topic, I would love to see an 'easter egg' appearance of Calender Man in the seasonals. I would have said an instance where we need to defeat him but that would be a little bit boring as he isn't the most amazing villain, so maybe if he featured in the background somewhere in every single seasonal alert with a calender with a circle around the seasonal celebration date on it.
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]

Captain Carrot and his crew are hunting down deadly Easter eggs that spilled into this reality in open world Metro; each egg holding a yolk monster that grows when exposed to water (even just humidity in the air).

Alert - defeat the powerful space bunny who hid the eggs on earth to save his own people. The vast mental powers of the alien could even trick you into fighting the zoo crew; as the fight progresses, you start to snap out of it and realize that bunny's minions are actually your allies who have been fighting you to save their own lives.

Special Feat - defeat the space bunny without k.o.ing any of the minions.

Rewards - trinket pets of course the focus!

[IMG]
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I'd take any seasonal with the option to run un-clamped like we were suppose to have.
  11. MetalMario Loyal Player

So end game players one shot it or new ones can't play?
  12. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

What seasonal event: Halloween

Who is the primary protagonist /antagonist: Professor Ivo

What is situation you are trying to solve: Stop the Professor from creating a legion of super-monsters to take over the world

Where would it take place: The event would take place in a "film noir" type instance that harkens back to the days of 30's and 40's horror films like "Frankenstein". I envision the instance being either black & white, or sepia toned, and our characters would appear as such as well. The setting would be a mad scientist lab, with tesla coils, dial & gauage machines, lab tables, the works. The players arrive just as Professor Ivo is completing the final phase of creating his first test subject. Either you stop him, or the monster comes to life. This instance would have 2 modes. One where the instance concludes if you stop Ivo in time, and another where if you fail to stop Ivo, then you face the monster, alongside some film noir versions of famous heroes and villains (Like JSA, with a 40's look) and attempt to stop the monster.

How does it fit in the DC timeline? A time travel event, involving someone known to travel time, like the Legion or Rip Hunter.

Rewards: Vintage "Mad Scientist Laboratory" decorations.
  13. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

This might also work with Hugo Strange and his Monster Men. :D

I would really like to see our Seasonal Content get new instances from time to time (maybe every other year?), in addition to the new rewards, to keep things fresh. Also, an autumn seasonal would be swell. ^_^
    • Like x 1