How was your first day with the new dcuo house of legends?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Aug 25, 2021.

1. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

So today I only played my main character MsArtemis. I did run 5 solo's the science spire one on every difficulty and got through every one easy. I could 1 shot final boss with my supercharge in event and regular and elite was a bit more of a challenge since I did have to follow the mechanics but it to was handled fine.

Phantom zone: this i tried first on elite with league friends we chose elite cause we did the elite of that alert even when it was current content got one shotted on first boss by a basic range attack like four times and damage was getting through my gem shield at full charge like it was not even up and I was like wtf I have 570 sp and 200 tank arts but was getting destroyed like a noob lol. We laughed it off and said maybe they will rebalance it later but if not I have all the feats in it so I don't care. We just ran regular after that. No hiccup in those runs.

Then we did fos2 now I only tried regular cause back in 2015 when I started dcuo this raid almost made me stop cause I got stuck in fos2 for 180 minutes the first time I was ever in it anyways to end this only me and to league friends was standing when we beat lb everyone died at the first phase pretty much and we three man him
  2. Aetrius Well-Known Player

Running FOS2 reminded me how much I hated that raid. I have no idea what they were thinking bringing that one back as something we're forced to do. I finished that **** in 2013 and I never wanted to go back.
  3. Shalayah Committed Player

My experience has been similar though I’m bot too mad about it. PZE. Ran it with league mates and it was definitely a struggle to pass first boss. Kept getting killed once we reached the third crystal so we just eventually quit. Its nice to know that the elites while beatable won’t be beat by EVERYONE day one. It’s elite after all. It shouldn’t be a cakewalk right?

FOS 2? Yeah it was a struggle as well. Leaguemates couldn’t survive past the first wave of crystals vs Avatar mainly because we were trying to figure out the mechanics but after some time we just quit that as well due to everyone just being tired.

The elite solo is also kinda difficult but is beatable if you follow the mechanics or just be a battle tank…. One or the other.

So I’d say it was successful in a way even though we failed a lot. It’s nice to have to actually figure out how to beat something rather than just smashing through it day one.
    • Like x 1
  4. Xpung3d New Player

Ran PZ regular with league mates and laughed the whole time because we haven’t had to think about mechanics on basically anything in forever. Got into an FOS2 pug group and oh boy. Nobody knew the mechanics in the brainiac fight. Just dead bodies everywhere for 90 minutes. I laughed it off, but this is what those of us that supported this revamp have been saying. New guys got pulled through by end game one shotters and don’t know anything about how to play. Same thing on a few omnibus runs like Labyrinth of the Lost Souls. Get a mic people, you’re going to need it. Can’t wait to do OLYe and GOMe tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

The elites are overtuned and out of whack. FoS2 is as tedious as I remember, as is PZ.

One of the lowest points in the game since I started playing at launch.
    • Like x 2
  6. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Busy.

Elites seemed..... like regular is a better mode to run for now.

Though I do look forward to having more than 7 hours to run a weeks worth of content. I'm sure that played at least some part in my elite viewpoint. No time to wipe, so many instances to run, so little time.
  7. Visubversa37 Level 30

I really can't say how it was. It wouldn't stay up long enough for me to find out. Most of my 450+ league on US switch spent the night DCing. I can say that the clamping is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of control, and devs need to add waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to style vendors. A lot of us have been waiting a long time for things that were too hard to get, and they pretty much loaded the same stuff we already have.
    But 1st and foremost..
    Fix
    The
    Crashes!!!!
    Love yoooooooouuuuuu
    • Like x 1
  8. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

That sucks
  9. Zamara Dedicated Player

First thing i did was go through the tour, queued for the quick instance you need to do to start it, i got thrown into one of the trigon's duos (the one with the green cube), my partner got some feats out of it, finished the tour and went into the episode stuff.

When i queued for the alert i got into an instance where someone had just left, I was assigned the tank role, i was ready to go in and tank ads around but as soon as it loads me in the first thing that pops in the chat is "GO DPS", i forgot to switch to tank before going in so not sure who that was for, stayed in dps anyway, we got through the first boss after a couple failed attempts.
    We got through the portal and the healer noticed they didn't get any loot so they left, we waited for the spot to be filled and moved on, got to the 2nd boss, the new healer didn't get loot either and left, we got to the third boss, the ads got the boxes and we lost, the troll left after that, we got a new one, i switched to tank, the heal went dps and we got through it without any issues.

The raid, it was as tedious as i remember it, the drops were confusing, seemed bugged, the boss fights caused a couple deaths but no wipes until the end, last boss we wiped once, then we accidentally started the fight and had to wipe it again as only a few of us were in, the next attempt we got through it, it seemed like a few people had been trying for a while to get through it by the reactions in the end.

Checked my planned route to farm source marks in the open world, it seems like it'll work out.
    Outside of the couple bugs i found i think it's going good so far.
    The catwoman solo seems like a good spot to farm for gear if needed. For source marks open world seems to be the fastest option since on some areas the missions are right next to the other.
    Looking forward to farming the new phoenix pet.
    • Like x 1
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

honestly find it very confusing and boring, playing old content that I passed a long time ago is not fun. There are some I wouldn't want to revisit for a reason.
    • Like x 3
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

The only boss atually put up a real threat for me was sub-construct in FoS2, there it was made apparent Sorcery healing isnt well suited for that fight lol But as long as his mechanics were respected it was smooth enough.
  12. Swamarian Committed Player

I only did randoms to make Steve Trevor happy.
    Prime Battle Zone- team did fine. Didn't take too long. A couple of people fell, but were able to be picked up.
    Neutral Zone- Wiped on the first boss. Regrouped and finished it. Team was all DPS
    Whatever the Alert is where Braniac is making powerr batteries, and you have to fight alongside Jordan and Sinestro at the end. Team had no problems, and we were all DPS.

Apparently I got credit for an extra raid and an alert by Steve Trevor? He gave me stuff, so I'm happy.
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

total bollocks.
    • Like x 2
  14. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Enjoyed it capitally! (But then again, I never did have a problem with time travel :p)
    • Like x 1