How To Utilize Victory Tokens!!! MUST READ!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Jan 30, 2018.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

As the title says, How to utilize victory tokens again.. I still think older content should be OPTIONAL to help with grind for progression of your character.. What do i mean by that?

Do you still have currency in game that you NO LONGER need to spend for that specific vendor for that specific EPISODE???? If so, then i am making this for US!!!

For EXAMPLE: Riddler Episode has probably the LEAST amount of content to GRIND but has its own CURRENCY(Marked Bill$) for that episodes.. Which means collecting all the gear plus collections from the sets/vendor could take a LOOOOOOONG time..

So what i propose will make OLDER content kind of RELEVANT AGAIN.. Sort of...
    So its really simple......

INTRODUCING THE VICTORY TOKEN CONVERTER... LOCATED in HOD/WATCHTOWER

With the introduction to the VICTORY token vendor.. ALL older content will DROP GUARANTEED VICTORY TOKENS(t7- older)...

Its really really simple.. Just use your victory tokens to trade in for ANY OTHER VENDOR CURRENCY. In the real world we have foreign currencies and have the ability to exchange different currencies with each nation. So i do think DC should have that conversion element in the game, MAKING ALL CURRENCIES, a feasible currency option.

HOW THE CONVERSION WORKS???

Lets say 5000 victory tokens give you 10-20 Ultrabucks, War Bonds.. ETC.....
    10000 gives you 50 Ultrabucks war bonds etc..
    That same 5000 victory tokens could grant you 50 ANCIENT COINS, because that currency ISNT relevant anymore. The value of older content is diminished when newer content is out..

You can even scale conversion prices by content relevancy as well. Similar to the real world, the STRONGER currency will grant you less in return. So, newer and current END game content(CURRENCY ex, ULTRABUCKS is end game currency atm) will give you the lowest conversion scale and OLDER CONTENT will scale a HIGHER conversion rate because its older content and not much people run the older content.

Now gives players ANOTHER REASON to run older content, similar to artifacts run.. Long story short all content should be progressive...

ALL CURRENCIES in GAME should have some type of CURRENCY converter for any other DC currency in game.. In game currencies should have a complete SYNERGY feel with other currencies.. SO trade those Victory Tokens in today for any CURRENCY you want in game!

So let me know your thoughts about this.. GOOD or BAD... Keep it respectful guys.. THANK YOU For your time.. LONG LIVE DCUO!
    • Like x 10
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Also want to add this could apply to MoV as well.. Not sure what the conversation rates could be..
    • Like x 1
  3. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

I read this and like the overall concept of the conversion but I would like them to also rework the episode mark content and break all into separate currencies between Kryptonian missions lantern missions and Themyscira type mission along with the conversion suggested above. Maybe a lower drop rate of said currency in older content of each mark which still makes content viable along with the ability to convert these marks if desired.
    • Like x 1
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would like to be able to donate unused victory tokens to my league hall for prestige.
    • Like x 7
  5. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

We now have multiple currencies, almost to the point where we started having problems before...

At one point, all the various currency and marks simply become too much to comprehend/manage for the average player (yep, use that term very liberally), so the DEVs consolidated into a single currency...

This held true for a while, only to see it recently convert back to multiple currencies by the DEVs... I guess my only question is when everything will be consolidated, confusing the player population yet again?

We have several currencies now that seem dated to say the least...
    • Like x 1
  6. Faelwolf Active Player

It was my understanding back when they did the original consolidation, that all older currencies were to be converted to MoV when new content came out, and only the newest content would have it's own currency. Looks like they fell behind on that.
    • Like x 1
  7. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Assuming their long term plans are still in development, they're going the opposite way. Each tier will have its own currency.
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Yup.. But my thing is if you wanted to go back and do those missions, it would take forever!! Bcuz no one really runs older missions(ESPECIALLY on villains side).. But by making ALL CONTENT worth playing even for END GAME PLAYERS.. Just need more incentives to run older content, that could help with our character progression(feats,styles,collections,mods, etc)
  9. Tarif Committed Player

I think its a good idea. A choice at conversion. Just want the rates to be set at a reasonable level. Something tells me, considering the current RNG rates for drops, and items from even time capsules for those buying them, that someone's idea of reasonable drop rates is very, very, very disconnected from the opinions of their players in game.

Id like to see the idea come to be, as long as the conversion rates for exchange arent too ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  10. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

We need to do SOMETHING with those victory tokens....I just throw them away which seems like such a waste. They should be able to be converted or at least, added as prestige to the league.
    • Like x 2
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea nothing should be useless in this sense. We should still be able to use what comes in our inventory
    • Like x 1
  12. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Couldn't agree more