HOW TO PROGRESS ARTIFACTS WITHOUT THE VAULT RUN!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Time again for a little tutorial, since many players still haven't figured this out! From another thread, here's the Question, and my Answer, which I've figured out JUST FROM PLAYING THE GAME THE LAST FEW DAYS!

There is a simple, easy way to get Nth Metal for all of your Alts to power up their Artifacts WITHOUT the Vault Run:

In the new Hall of Legends, there are numerous spawn points for Collections (the light green encircled question marks) which rapidly respawn. Most if not all of them appear on stationary points like the round, hovering platforms, and the oval cutouts in the main support pillars in the Orrery (the Central Room where you find Dr. Fate, Tempus Fuginaut, et al.)

These USUALLY give Nth Metal along with HOL-specific Collection items, and even the occasional Time Capsule. By simply taking each character to the Hall Of Legends and hanging around for a bit, you can easily farm as much Nth Metal as you would have gotten before Episode 41 by running them through the Vault Run! :D

The game has changed, it's time for you to adapt, evolve, and move on. Use a Radar Enhancer to learn where they all are, figure out your farming route, and go get that Nth Metal! ;)

Now you know... AND KNOWING'S HALF THE BATTLE!!! ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The time efficiency issue aside, if one does choose to farm nth metal for alts with this method, they're better off farming exo-material nodes in open world Gotham or Metropolis. That way they get two useful things instead of one useful thing and a useless collection (assuming they've already completed the collection).
    • Like x 3
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Good to know, thanks for the additional info! :)
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

So what you are saying is that in the single huge phase there will be many players going in circles scavenging for the collections? It is already bad enough the lag in there with so many players clustered together.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nth metal drops are timed, unless there has been a drastic change. So at whatever the interval is now (used to be 5 and 10 min...10 min was 'bigger' Nth...5 was smaller). You can be picking up nodes, collections or knocking something out. Vault used to drop fixed piles of Nth..as did stabilizer on TOP of the timed drops....so yes, you can do collections, but if you were doing them before as well+ vault and stabilizers, you are walking away with less drops in that 10 min interval. The Nth totals might be higher as the drops are changed but in 10 min before you had a 5 min drop, a 10 min drop and could have squeezed in both vault and stabs for more....at least once a day.

The issue with collections is if you are at a 5 min interval(or 10) and someone just snagged your collection, you are now delaying that drop. Better to have it dropping as soon as it's available, which is generally better accomplished by Exo hunting (as Illumin411 says) or just standing outside Gotham PD and mowing down the Brainiac drones that spawn endlessly. Exos is still probably better, but if you hit a dry patch because someone is on your route, you might not get your drop till 5.5...6 or more min. That's less drops per hour or day, depending on how hard core you are farming.
    • Like x 3
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oh man, I totally forgot about the endless Brainiac Drones, lol! That's definitely a way to get your low level Alts some XP! :D
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I ranked some up, then decided, to wait and see how fast I can reach a stack of 999 nth metal.
    Is gonna take a while, am not playing much.

Sidebar: Can you get Nth metal in PvP modes???
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Nth metal has an internal cooldown that is shared across all toons. You are the cooldown is shorter when out of combat/not performing nth actions. If you do perform any actions that could give nth the internal cooldown is longer. Regardless of you kill enemies or picking up collections/exo material, if you want to “farm” nth you are better of sitting near level 2 adds and killing them every 3 minutes for nth (maybe 3-5, I have to retest this). If you go around picking up collections than you will just be hurting your timer and are better off not doing it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Spend your destiny token on the Nth metal caches!
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

"But we don't get enough Destiny Tokens for all of our Alts!" :rolleyes:
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I mean, true. But maybe nows the time to reevaluate your methods? Focus on one toons artifacts then another’s. If not then nth metal detectors are a great tool to use too! And Exobyte nodes give you nth metal like collections too. Tragic the gathering here I come lol
    • Like x 1