How to play a healer

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Gafa, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Gafa New Player

Conclusion

Healing can be a complicated but rewarding role. Sometimes you are playing both Healer and Tank or trying to pickup the slack of your Controller but at the end of the day you know that your group could not have completed their task without you. Healers are the life and blood of any group which makes Healers one of the most vital members of a group.

If you have any questions, concerns or wish to suggest an addition to the guide please be sure to leave a suggestion. If you wish to make an addition directly you can view the writing of thread and open the Google Word Document. Be sure to leave a comment with your name and edit so that I can add you as a Contributor.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this guide and I hope it helps all Healers, new and old. You can see some additional tips below.

Player Suggestions

“Nature:
    Pheromone Effects from each power do not stack. So ask the other healer what powers he is using and use different ones. It helps if each Healer has 2 powers that release Pheromones. I remove Blossom from my loadout when running with another Nature healer as it removes Pheromone effects. I let the other Healer cast it so I can focus on putting out Pheromones. One Healer needs to have Hive Mind as it boosts Restoration for both healers. If both have Hive Mind, it helps to call out when it is cast. Both Healers should have Regeneration (unless one is a Speedster and has Speed Drain)

Sorcery:
    Circles of Protection do not stack. They may even cancel out if a certain amount overlays (need to test but I suspect this based on experience). So try put down a Circle of Protection in a different area than the other Healer. Soul Wells may not stack either but I try to place one as far from the other Healer as possible. It is good for both Healers to use Boon of Soul and rotate usage during boss fights. Team mates don't need as many heals if they are protected by Shields. Both Healers should have a Supercharge that benefits the team (Transcendence, Arbiter of Destiny or Speed Drain)”

A. Chaining powers is a great way to avoid long power animations. The power that I chain together is:

Soul Well + Boon of Souls - I use this combination before every fight.

(There are other powers that chain but I forgot the other or don't know them.)

B. Knowing When To Heal

The difference between knowing when to heal and how to heal is vast. As you grow as a healer you should understand this the more you play as a healer. This is something that I can't explain but is well understood by most healers.

C. Have Fun

When raiding don't try to make it a competition on who healed the most. Stats are just a cosmetic but fun thing to look at. If you come up short on the leaderboard don't fret about it. With time you will improve.

2. Gafa New Player

reserved
  3. Gafa New Player

reserved
  4. Gafa New Player

reserved
  5. Gafa New Player

reserved
  6. General Zod 10000 Post Club

7. Radium Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  8. Gafa New Player

And I'm going to keep it up to date again. It won't hurt to keep it around seeing as people think that all a healer has to do is "spam heals" There's more to it than that.
    • Like x 1
  9. TrueMarvel New Player

Why did she put it as "By Gafa" then? Could have at least gave credit
    • Like x 1
  10. Radium Devoted Player

She never, Gafa isn't even in the title, and in the first post it has all the people who contributed to the original guide.
    • Like x 2
  11. TrueMarvel New Player

Opps my bad lol. I came here through the Guide index. The guide index says "by Gafa", and I didn't pay attention when I commented. Sorry.
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

As you keep this up, I recommend holding on to the picture with the base heal numbers for reference. I know base heal numbers have changed for some of them, like IoR and Bloom. I'd like to have the original reference for where they used to be so we have a reference for when they've changed.
  13. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I wrote down "by Gafa" cause she's now in charge of the guide and is trying to keep it up to date. It's not like she didn't credit the contributors on the first post anyway. Of course, I could change it if requested.
  14. TrueMarvel New Player

No it was my bad
  15. Failia New Player

I've been concerned about something for my healer. I'm an Electric healer. On average, in raids, my healing will end up being considerably lower than the other healer in the group. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

I don't believe it's a gear thing. I typically don't heal if someone is missing a smidgen of health as I see it as a waste of power. If the other healer can't keep up I easily step up my game but I'm of the view that I'm more of a backup healer and just cover any shortags. When I'm the lone healer,I do not have any issues keeping the group alive.

My power selection is:

voltage -
    Tesla Blast
    Bioelectric Surge
    Electroburst
    Group Tranducer
    Electrogenesis
    Arc Lightning
    Ionic Drain
    Tesla Ball

Amperage -
    Repulse
    Invigorate
    Overcharge
    Bio-Capacitor
    Galvanize

Iconics -
    Miracle Worker
    Empathic Healing

My load out is:

Ionic Drain
    Bioelectric Surge
    Electrogenesis
    Galvanize
    Bio-Capacitor
    Group Tranducer or Invigorate

Is there something I can change to improve or continue trucking alone as I am?

Thanks
  16. tyler durden New Player

she? click on gafas avatar and the pop up says hes a male 27 years old. hahaha.
  17. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

"He" then. ;p
    • Like x 1
  18. tyler durden New Player

19. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Superskull is still around just not actively posting. I appreciate the repost, though I will be making a post of my own to control editing in the coming week or two.
    • Like x 1
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

If you want to edit directly in my original Google Doc let me know and I can give you access.
    • Like x 1