How to Play a Healer

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Superskull85, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Maybe so, but it could still be used. I am not looking at what is "best" but "what could be" and making sure players understand a wider variety of Healer knowledge. I will look into updating any outdated explanations though.

Also I know about the addition of Dominance in the healing formula and have tested it myself. I will not update the information in this thread until Tunso does his changes. This addition could change much of the guide and may require an addition of a Restoration & Dominance plan into the game. I'll wait until the changes before updating and requesting new tools though.
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Like Sore said, every 30 days. You also have to replace your cells as well.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Oh, it's not even viable now. Not only does it only break harmful encasements, but it isn't useable while controlled, so you can only use it to break allies out. That's infrequent enough to make it completely worthless for healing and DPS, unfortunately. Before the change, it was situational, but viable.
  4. Itazuki New Player

Not to start an argument or anything, I think no role is easiest.

It just comes with the player, I am good at healing, I am horrible at DPS/Controlling.

I know DPS and Controllers who are horrible at being a Healer also.

It all depends on what the individual is good at as to what role he will find easiest and hardest.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I have no problem with cells. Its just grinding the T3 content for marks every week is bad enough on one toon.
    • Like x 1
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

If you have Marks of War to spare the grind is much easier. The Home Turf solo missions are enough for most of the yoers. You probably won't want every single tier on all tools as a Healer. I get enough to get tier 3 Supply Drop, tier 4 Sidekick and tier 4 Tactical Mods. (I also usually dual spec so I pick up tier 3 Backup as well.)
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Good point. I was thinking about stockpiling MoW for maybe a few DPS gear pieces and start one of the other 4 sets since I have full t4 of the Stag style. More food for thought I guess.
  8. mecha New Player

would you say that the Restoration vs Critical Heal Amount and Chance section would still apply to the GU25 skillpoint tree?
  9. Mini Lini Loyal Player

More USPC Villains need to read this... Too much lately am I PUG queing into a group/raid where the Healer is trying to ONLY let his Watcher and SO do the healing... Idk where this wave of Sorcery Healers doing this came from but it's annoying as a Tank... A CoP would be nice..
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I have updated this guide with these changes:
    1. Completed the Restoration vs Vitalization & Power section
    2. Removed outdated information about Transmutation.
    3. Added Dominance as a factor into the healing formula
    4. Add tier 2 weapon innates
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

It does. I have updated sections around that with the new innates. However it is still better to go for Restoration (and Dominance) before criticals as they increase both regular and critical heals.

Could you go into more detail? What part of that section do you think does not apply with the recent changes?
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Hello,

I have decided to discontinue my support and updating of my guides. I no longer enjoy writing guides about DCUO at present. I would rather do something I enjoy and do a good job instead of rushing through the writing or putting it off because I don't enjoy it.

Any user may continue to write the guide but please keep the credits and general structure intact. If you have any questions or need some additional information please email me directly at superskull85@gmail.com.

Take care. :)
  13. Sora Prince New Player

Is it normal that I get like 1-3 Marks for completing OnDuty things? Is it because I dont have Premium or Premium+?
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The amount of marks you get varies by tier and type. Raids more that alerts more than duos more than solos. T5 more than T4 more than T3 more than T2 more than T1. Though T5 gives Marks of Reality for T5 gear, not Marks of Triumph.
    • Like x 1