How to Play a Healer

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Superskull85, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

"Silly numbers" is what created the goto Nature Healer loadout. ;)

Anyways if the play style works than that is what counts. There practically isn't any "best" loadout assuming you know how to use it properly and efficiently.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I heal solo almost all the time i guess thats why i use what i use. but i could see using bloom with another healer in the raid
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for additional edits but unforeseen circumstances prevented those edits to happen. The biggest change is the addition of the Bases section and some additions to Learning Your Role by Gafa. For a full list of changes and upcoming changes please see this post.
  4. dWI New Player

things good healers do

1. conserve power for when it is needed
    2. position themselves in between the controller and the tank, to recieve power over time and still heal the tanks
    3. put DPS as last priority for heals due to them only dealing damage mainly yet still trying to keep them alive.

things bad healers do
    1. waste power
    2. not use group heals
  5. dWI New Player

also i believe that the actual healer specific neck tactical mod is missing from this guide currently, the one that adds restoration when damage hasnt been dealt to you for sometime to you. its very useful to passive healers, which is a play style you have not discussed yet, which is viable if your focus is only healing.

also could you please tell me what all the tactical mods for chest and hands do. i only have tactical mods 3 currently, but am pretty sure there are more for hands slots at least. thanks in advance.
  6. SirMuttonChops New Player

Wow, this needs a lot of updating on numbers.
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Which numbers?
  8. ARI ATARI New Player

how to play a healer:
    if someones health isnt 100% get it there
    /thread
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

That is very vague, leaves the opportunity for Healers to use Power even when it is not really needed (like when the player is at 99%), Healers can't stay in one spot to heal a mobile group, some heals require shorter distances, etc. If you don't have anything constructive to contribute and only want to imply that all a Healer has to do is spam heals without thinking than please don't post. By doing so you don't help players that actually need or want help with healing. Thank you.
  10. SirMuttonChops New Player

The Sorcery base values seem a lit different than what I saw when I was sorc. Not a lot as in there's a huge freaggin difference, but as in a few numbers here and there that turn into larger differences as you scale upwards with buffs and PI's.
    • Like x 1
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Do you mean the high end of the values? If so I included the numbers as they would ready in the current effects menu where the high end would never be reach. So if it says, say, 10-20 you would only see 10-19 in-game.

Otherwise I can plan a retest but if I don't know what I am testing for it might take some time.
  12. ARI ATARI New Player

sorry to imply that.
    i didnt want it to be vague. i wanted it to be obvious as healing in PVE is hand down the easiest job in the game.
    Spam heals, no. Heal when someone isnt 100% yes.

i'll be more descriptive:
    make sure healing over time is up 100% of the time
    if thats not enough to keep someone at 100% do a burst heal.
    when the above is not needed, attack.
    • Like x 1
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

If healing were the easiest job in the game than there would be little to no failure rate with groups when it comes to surviving. Obviously it is more complicated and needs more explaining than what you have provided with the various reports here and troubles with Healers in-game. Also this information can also be used to form loadouts and strategies in PvP as well.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

The healing formula needs to be updated to reflect that DOM is now added to our RESTO score for determining the base healing modifier. This was introduced with GU24. The patch notes do not list Healing class powers but Tunso's comments in another thread indicate that everyone sees this benefit. My testing of Savage Growth (primary heal and pheromones) confirms this.

NOTE: My testing confirms Kristyana's finding that DOM is actually being added to RESTO twice. I assume that is a bug. I suspect you intend to show the formula as it is in-game now (bugged or not) and then update it again if addressed.
  15. Useyourdamnweapon New Player

Just teach electric to not spam galvanize as their only heal and I'll be happy.

Really considering trying nature out. Have to do a little research first.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Do you have spend the marks on Boosts every 30 days or is it once and done? Nothing I've seen is ever clear on it and I want to make sure before I spend out 3500 MoT.
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

The first two upgrades are permanent (Level I and Level II). The two boosts reset every 30 days (One Star and Two Star). Spend the 675 MoT and 3500 MoT cautiously.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I guess if I was going to do a crapload of PVP it would be worth it but in the PVE world, I do just fine with just some supply drops and henchmen for solo stuff. I can save the MoT to finish out some iconic styles.
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Thats what I did too.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Skull, you can just take Transmutation out, as the devs made it only able to explode harmful encasements, which eliminates it's usefulness for both healing and DPS, unfortunately.