How to make the game fun again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Lone Stranger, Sep 19, 2013.

1. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I recently created a new toon.
    At level 17 I tried to solo Full House.
    Did pretty well until some detectives got pulled into the fight.
    I think I could have eventually won if not for that... But it would have taken a long time.

At that level, this was challenging, a true test of skill, with a guaranteed reward in exp and a feat if succcessful.

That's what I want: a challenge with a reward for success.
    • Like x 8
  2. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

That is basically.. Everything in the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Not 100% accurate.
    • Like x 1
  4. Skynin New Player

Such a good rewards there! have you played it? Guess not.
  5. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Kind of, but not really. Full House is a enjoyable challenge at lower levels because he presents a challenge but still isn't overly hard. He isn't overly hard because there are no glitches or rendering problems, plus he has some great sound bites to make it fun. The fight is short and sweet, but if you can't solo him you have the ability to make it easier by recruiting assistance in the fight.

The concept of difficult content being what people want is fine, but the content can't be just challenging with no regard to it being fun and there still be an expectation that a majority of people will like it. What makes the content fun is the challenge being present, but it not being overly hard. The easiest way to reduce difficulty is to first remove all glitches and rendering bugs, then to re-evaluate the content. When that's not done the expectation of challenging content being good just because it's challenging is illogical to a large amount of people.
    • Like x 7
  6. Claire Bear New Player

I recently created a new toon as well. Level 19 acrobatic fire tank right now. So fun to play as something totally different than my main. I tried to solo Minotaur when I was like level 15 and failed. I know it can be done now, I just need to keep learning how to fight with the alt. Not there yet. Just...fun.
    • Like x 2
  7. Owl Devoted Player

Just run all content with gear that is below that content level for it to be a challenge and reward you with gear that is better than the gear you have equipped.
    Or run content with No Gear for a larger challenge. And all stats will be green on drops if you have No Gear equipped.
  8. Captain Spire New Player

A superhero game in which I do not feel like a super hero is doomed to make me cry.

COH never had that problem
    Even Champions Online continues the feel of being like a super hero.

After a time, it feels like Batman is looking for a way to bring things back to -normal- and end this exobyte madness
  9. Evil Leaper New Player

Have good attitude and you will have an enjoyable experience.
  10. Hallows Eve New Player

Full House is 100% soloable by any level 1 or higher player.
  11. Claire Bear New Player

'twas only a matter of time.
    • Like x 1
  12. MercPony Devoted Player

I've been taking a very slow time leveling my Celestial alt. No help from high leveled players, just playing all my own (same way I level any character). Extremely fun :)
    • Like x 4
  13. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Cool. I can't wait to see the video of you soloing full house at level 1.
    • Like x 6
  14. Little Sister New Player

We would all love to see a video of you out of the Brainiac ship at only Level 1 :rolleyes:
    • Like x 8
  15. Claire Bear New Player

me, too. that is how I am rolling with lollipopp

what level are you? you, me, and the OP should form an alt group.:eek:
    • Like x 3
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

That's not how many people feel about the higher content.
    Opinion, I know.
    • Like x 2
  17. Gant Well-Known Player

Our league is still in the Brainiac ship. We didn't even know we could leave the ship... So we made it our base. /shrug

Well, I know what I have planned for the league this evening.
    • Like x 5
  18. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

IMO leveling new toons is the funnest part of the game, even up to the point you can do LoA for the 1st time, at least the carrot for me to keep doing PvE was to get stronger for PvP, now with that carrot gone a PvP being a shell of what it used to be PvE feels more & more like an endless button mashing mind numbing task.
    • Like x 1
  19. Hallows Eve New Player

Well obviously you can't but full house can be beaten by anyone without being touched. His attacks are very easy to avoid so anyone fresh off the brainiac ship can solo him.
  20. EnemyOfDaState New Player

Level 1 no. Level 10 possible I've done it as long as you range him his attacks are stupidly predictable just roll and hope there's no mobs.