How to keep my in-game money safe?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Al Bundy, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Absolutely. It's one facet of a multi-faceted solution. I think most are on the same page about that.
    • Like x 2
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

with this game ? a toxic community is a every single game issue.
    • Like x 2
  3. Aspirit Active Player

Another shmuck screaming don’t take my money.

All you players who scream do not wipe our money that we made slowly and legitimately, you don’t understand that your money is neither legit or worth. You don’t understand how the economy is bad and any money made in the future of the game worthless.

I have stopped playing personally because the money that it’s being emphasized as the most important thing by the players is the craziest thing for me.
    Economy is ruined, yet people all they care is the money. The money has become the most important thing for most players, it never was intended to be. The game itself wasn’t created to 1. for cash being the most important thing 2. have a flooded economy, in ruins, poisoned by a few despicable idiots that have spread their poison to the player base and are distancing them from the real beautiful game.

Delete the cash system completely, to those who look forward to actually playing the game it will never make a difference.

Ooh please don’t take my money devs please I’ll cry I need them because it feels so good. I’m a bad boy billionaire who can forever buy everything in the game.

My money are the reason why I keep playing ooooohhh *sobs*

Please stop, the game badly needs a reset for the better of everyone in the present and who will join in the future.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Gotta start somewhere. IMO they have already begun by eliminating the collections for OP items with this DLC. If it plays out like JLD that OP item becomes accessible for anyone who has patience and actually plays the game regularly.

MY next step would be to place a sell cap on all items across the board. Not saying what that would be but the DEVS should have the data necessary to implement a sell cap figure. THEN make the minimum lower price listed 10% less than the next lower listed.

I would remove feats from Capsules. I don't think this would hurt stabilizer sales because my bet is people are more into the STYLES they get than anything else. (Could be wrong but worth a try)

Finally, I MIGHT try an auction house, because bidding does establish true value over time. But this would have to be put in place VERY carefully and only after making sure it cannot be exploited.

Just some ideas
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people who don't get this yet. I have friends, people who I consider pretty darn smart, who think they were playing the broker all this time but in reality were just buying and selling, oblivious to the actual market and what's going on. Like you said, they were too fixated on the actual numbers than what you can do with them.
    • Like x 3
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

First, releasing the devs from being responsible is wrong. As we saw with the replay badge/time capsule glitch. They'd much rather keep people playing than lose them. Hense the two week time outs. Did the players from that glitch learn their lesson? No. They got to steal, REAL WORLD, money and got away with it. Now bring us to the current glitch. Not sure if anyone received lifetime bans, but I doubt it.

There have been billionaires in this game for many, many years. I know of three who don't even play, and haven't in 6 or 7 years.

I say, let everyone keep their money. Add a max limit to any and all items we can put into the broker. This will be fair to us all, and no one has to lose their ingame money.
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Trust me the devs know every single possible way that money could be stored this time ;) what they choose to do with that information is another matter but there won't be any loopholes this time around.

sorry not sorry :p
    • Like x 3
  8. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

STEAL real world money? There is no law that says you have to spend. It is not stealing. For the record I am a billionaire in the game who happens to realize that outside cheaters broke the economy not the DEVS. You are completely entitled to your opinion though and I respect that.
  9. Hollows Active Player

That would exceed the 500 base item cap limit. I call shenanigans.
    • Like x 2
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

added that sarcasm font for you. I think some of the at home audience may have missed the point...

11. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

To all the people who are in favor of everyones money being wiped.

What happens to the players who spent hundreds of dollars on Time Capsules?

Players who sold the extra items they didn't want from Time Capsules in the Broker?
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This. This is my solution.
  13. UVLN Level 30

Most of the people who are asking for our money to be wiped, was broke any way, I earned my money legitimately and do not want my money wiped, true they got ripped off but why rip us off now
  14. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Wrong.I have over a billion in game cash and if it can fix the game, the DEVS are welcome to wipe my money A level playing field is more important to the long term health of this game than a financial class system. Take a look at the real world where 1% have more money than they can spend in 100 lifetimes while millions miss meals
    • Like x 2
  15. UVLN Level 30

Nevertheless you or anyone else can not speak for everyone
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Nor can you
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is why, whatever they are going to do it needs a few prep steps first.
    1) cancel any in-flight transactions...so mail that got out before they blocked it will go back to the sender.
    2) account pool the money...so any money on 10, 20 or 30 toons is all pooled to 1 pile
    3) look at those resulting piles and do whatever is to be done for the 'wipe'....a 'remove 1 or 2 zeros' alteration, a 'progressive adjustment' where the richest are hit the hardest, while the 'poor' are barely touched or a 'flattening' where everything over X amount is wiped.... or a total wipe to 0....to come up with the 'total cash' number. I'm not arguing which method is best, but we need to figure out what everyone will have afterwards for the next step.
    4) take that 'total cash' number and convert it to some new currency vs 'cash' so any hidden piles of currency are wiped clean from the game. Go try and spend some of those millions of confederate bucks your great-grand pappy had under his floorboards....it's worthless now just as 'cash' would be in DCUO. Call it gold or DCUO bucks or 'cashola'...doesn't matter. Just like depreciated 'marks of reality' or whatever...cash is just another abandoned currency.
    5) Anything worth 'cash' with a vendor is left as is and usable, but cant' be sold back as Vendors would deal in the new currency. Bought 100,000 soder stacks? Fine....start drinking....but you can't sell them back to get your share of dirty money.

So the day after the 'wipe' everyone comes back with whatever they are getting, and all the sneaky steps to save the money are blocked. The uber cheats still have piles of ill-gotten hard goods, but they can't sell them for asinine prices because no one will have the money for a while. This will also reset the Gold sellers to a way lower starting point than they would be under any other method as I'm guessing they are the most divested users right now and likely already did these steps you list to get around the wipe.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  18. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly - both sides will have little to no influence

The Devs will do what they do.. whether it is what is best for us, the game, the bottom line of profit or whatever.. pretty much nothing we say will influence it now.. there are too many different opinions based on individual experiences, as opposed to overall experience.. no matter what they do, they will upset ppl.. not always the same ppl but ppl will be upset
    • Like x 2
  19. inferno Loyal Player

No they don't. I constructed an underwater sea Lair, 700 feet down.....made of Gold!!!! Bwahahah, glub.. glub.. glub..I'm okay. I'm okay. It's just a little leak, just a little.....
  20. August Moon Well-Known Player

For real. its insane that people dont realize that if everyone has no money , the sale price for items goes back down severely almost next to nothing . its not that they dont want to sell their items for cheap , its that they dont have a choice in the matter. you either play the game or sit out and watch. other people will line their pockets up back up to the millions one way or another
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.