How to keep my in-game money safe?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Al Bundy, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

I’ve heard a lot lately after these money glitchers have been banned that the devs might wipe all our money. I’m not here to say all my billions were earned honestly; I’m sure the majority of all our money is tainted. I’m not here to debate that (tons of threads on that). I’m here to talk about steps to keeping our money safe if the devs do wipe our money.

1. Mail money to Alts (If they wipe our physical money surely they wouldn’t touch the money that’s in the mail)
    2. Send money to Alt and delete character (upon restoring deleted character you should still have you money)
    3. Buy large ticket items to resale to vendor (sure you will lose some money but not all of it)

Let me know what you guys think...any other ideas anyone can think of to circumvent the potential money wipe?

And, No, I’m not that daft to seriously believe the devs don’t read this...if you believe in a wipe and don’t want to see anyone exploit the economy anymore add any other ideas I left out. Let Thanos bring balance to the DCUO Exonomy.
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

First and foremost, no money wipe has been officially announced by anyone of authority. Secondly, do you really think it's wise using the public forums which Mepps can see, to call for circumventing the company's corrective measures??? You're literally calling for help to figure out a way to get around whatever they decide to do about this situation right where they can see it all. You're not playing with a full deck are you dude?o_O
    • Like x 19
  3. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

Read the last paragraph ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

1. Won't work because the Mail transfer of Money is locked down also.
    2. You can't trade with cash either it is locked down.

If they wipe it then they do. Nothing any player can do and it will effect the guilty and innocent alike. Stop trying to get around this. Your money is locked and there is no way to move it.
    • Like x 3
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

Thanos does not bring balance, he just wipes 50% of the glitched money.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

1. wont work, devs learned their lesson...
    2. worth a try but risky
    3. ur safe way to save like 66% of ur cash.
  7. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

You must of not seen Endgame...
    “I will shred this universe down to its last atom”
    -Thanos
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

sadly i have seen it, i wish it would have ended with Infinity War... however what he said doesnt correspond with his actions, he wiped only 50%.
  9. ROOTE Well-Known Player

You know, you could have made your point without the patronizing & insulting him/her at the end. However that does bring up the bigger problem with this game: its toxic community.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If they do a wipe, and that's a HUGE IF, they'd most likely still leave you with more money than you need. All of those shenanigans you listed are simply unnecessary.
    • Like x 2
  11. hoaxone Committed Player

Well I returned during a messed up time I tell u. Lol. And they need to go through the mail for all accounts and remove the money transfers. Sorry, but that's how the first money glitch ruined the economy permanently. People still kept billions from all that cash floating around using the mail system. The clever people did this before the band aid was even implemented this time, trust me.
    • Like x 2
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I have mentioned this before. This is DC UNIVERSE ONLINE, Not DC INSIDER TRADING ONLINE.

It is not the fault of the DEVS that a group of people exploited the game to the point where the in game economy is NOT ACCESSIBLE for a vast number of players who can no longer "afford" to purchase even fairly common items on the broker. Something has to be done and if a cash wipe + cap is the solution, so be it. Less money in the system WILL result in lower prices and provide more players with an opportunity to participate in the Broker/Trading process.

The Devs have a responsibility to the overwhelming majority of the players who play by the rules, new players who enter the game as "playing poor", and to the over all fairness of play. NOT to the relatively few "billionaires" and multi "billionaires" in the player base. "Rich" players are NOT the only ones playing the game and deserve no special consideration.

I've been playing since launch an it has taken me that long to accumulate just over 1 Billion in game currency through grinding . If the DEVS wipe it for the overall good of the game , I have ZERO problem with it. (FACT CHECK- It isn't real money).
    • Like x 3
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

SO true. In fact I have always transferred money to new ALTS (so that I don't need to bounce back and forth between characters to make purchases). However, it is a way that players THINK they are hiding cash. from the DEVS. The fact is that , if the DEVS decide to limit in game cash, it is likely to be ACCOUNT WIDE. Say they decide to limit us to 100 million per character, and we have 100mill spread out to ten alts for a billion. They simply reduce each ALT evenly until the ACCOUNT TOTAL is down to the 100 million cap.

They will not make the same mistakes they have made in the past
  14. UVLN Level 30

That is ridiculous, punish who needs to be punish, why punish us and rip us off, the cheaters have already been and now the company are making money, stop the crazy drop rates and this will protect us. Greed breed greed
    • Like x 2
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It's not a punishment. If you have 100 $1 bills in your pocket, and someone takes them and gives you 10 $10 bills, are you gonna feel punished simply because you have fewer physical bank notes? The value of money isn't in the number, it's in what it can buy.
    • Like x 3
  16. inferno Loyal Player

I put in 500 beds in my lair and stuffed each with 100 million cash.
    • Like x 3
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Agreed. This game needs to level out for the majority of players. Anyone who has over a billion (and this includes me) has at least INDIRECTLY benefited from the broken economy. Anyone who doesn't see that, doesn't WANT to see that. In game money is TAINTED period.

IMO ANY fix that levels the playing field for the most players is a good thing.
    • Like x 2
  18. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I used my TARDIS....(Bigger on the inside ) :p
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

stop letting that red head spend all your money!

and kick your kids outta the house...they're in their 40's!
    • Like x 3
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If any sort of cash adjustments take place, that would probably only be the first step to really leveling the playing field. Just getting rid of excess cash isn't going to address all of the issues we face with the player economy.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.