how to fix the dual Q ups?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by minuteofdecay, Mar 13, 2014.

1. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I'm getting sick of players Q'ING up for alert as both roles then staying in dps. I have started switching to dps with my role gear on. I will not heal or give u power if u aren't willing to do the same for me. If u are going to go dual Q then turn ur balance alert setting off.

How can this be fixed from the ppl that abuse it? My healer has both full 90 gear for both roles if it tells me that I need to heal the group then I heal if it says to dps ill dps. I want to hear ideas how to fix this without ruining for the ppl that can and do switch stances as needed.
    • Like x 2
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

You can't really fix it. The only way to do it is to disable the ability to change your role in the alert and to force the players role to change to whatever the confirmation message said when your instanced popped. However, this would basically render armories useless and as armories are a new and cool feature, I can't see them supporting a method of blocking the use of them.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, anyway. I've beaten the T5 instances at CR92 in PUGs without a Healer, Tank or Controller. As long as you stick together and take advantage of the passive buffs, you will be fine. Especially in full 90 gear. Any instance less than the T5 ones can almost be solo'd by a full 90 player. It's not the end of the world or a doomed run if you don't have a Healer/Tank/Controller on your team.
    • Like x 1
  3. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I know it is I can solo almost all of them, it just irks me when they do it :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Notangie New Player

I have role optional disabled because I want a tank. They should not have to wait until a live raid to learn his/her role. Depending on my mood, if I see the tank icon & they insist on dpsing either they get kicked or I'll excuse myself. Two dps aren't needed; especially if the healer is #1 for damage out. To make sure the vote to excuse passes, switch to dps role before starting the vote; people seem to like holding you hostage if you have a coil or heart next to your name.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

I've seen this quite a bit lately. Particularly people queuing as controller and staying DPS, and ignoring teammates asking them to change to troller.
    (I have role-optional disabled)
    I dislike kicking people and always vote to excuse. I'd rather they just did the job they signed up to do, or leave.
    If someone is being abusive to another player, Sure, a kick is in order. But for roles, I'll try to make the best of it.

It's a hard fix, but perhaps locking someone into their queued role upon teleporting to the instance. Then add a vote to allow someone to change roles. This would allow a switch to happen if needed (keeping armories useful) and help the team.

I admit, it's not ideal, but it's something :cool:
  6. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

I've got to say I'm not keen on the idea of being locked in. I don't have this option set but I still end up in groups where obviously at least one person does. I enjoy the flexibility I have (for example being able to switch from dps -> heal if the healer is lost mid boss) and that's something where you really don't want to be stuck waiting for people to vote to allow you to switch.

I'm not a fan of kicking either, but I think if dialogue fails then it's a reasonable recourse and hopefully acts to teach that person not to queue as a role they won't play the next time. I think what I'd most like to see is a revamp for the kicking system so that you have to select a reason. So many people get kicked out of stuff and have no clue why because people refuse to talk beforehand, at least if you got a message that said you got kicked for <reason> then it might clue them in as to why people didn't want them there (even if most kicks that happen happen for completely rubbish reasons). Id also like to see some sort of limit on vote kicks as I've noticed that while you only get three chances to be excused people can seemingly vote kick the same player a dozen or more times in a row without getting a system message telling them to quit it.
    • Like x 1
  7. minuteofdecay Committed Player

One thing I would like to see is the role optional setting be default. I would guess a lot of ppl don't even know its there. That way it takes an effort for you to have a balanced group and if u have it set that way then the person that doesn't switch does too and knows that they should switch then i don't feel bad if they get the boot.

Edit: does that make sense? Lol
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Brother me to
  9. Notangie New Player

The only time I start a kick w/o an explanation is if a player is 'away' w/o having said they were going afk. But if someone signs up for a role knowing they only intend to dps, they are cheating. They know they will queue faster as a support role & if (after being asked to) they refuse to switch, they deserve to get kicked & get back in line to queue. I usually excuse myself, but if I'm in a mood I see absolutely nothing wrong with kicking line-cutters/cheaters...(flashback to 30 Rock Pilot episode, when Liz Lemon buys all the hotdogs).
  10. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I like having a Tank for alerts. Without one the bad guys just make a beeline for the healer. Nurture a Novice Tank today, you'll have an expert Tank ready for tomorrow's raids.