how to deal with atomic and fire tanks in PVP: solution

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by stärnbock, Aug 21, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

simply put them on ignore. same with everyone using one shield after another.
    let the ignore list get bigger and bigger untill devs do something. i had fun, yet: it's broken.
    trust me, it will make things a lot faster for getting marks! i recently had those battles:

1.) i lost after time out against fire in the shadow lands
    2.) i won after time out against gadgets in the shadow lands
    3.) i lost after time out against gadgets in the batcave
    4.) a draw after time out against fire in the lair battles
  2. Surtur Well-Known Player

Ignore doesn't work that way. It only guarantees you will not get paired with them and guarantees that you will be against them every time you guys Q at the same time.
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

another option would be to raise dammage vallues for attacks, so shields would be actually breakable...
    it would also help against heals: they should not be able to heal more dammage than you can get...
    and soder colas? theyr cooldown is ok, but the dammage must raise so you can not shield until pop next...
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

argh... realy? DAMN! thx for the information... i thought i would have a point here...
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

I thought the same thing when they made the option but found out how it really worked. I was like ARRRRGGH!!!! After I kept being paired against players that I put on ignore because I knew they were using macros and other things. It was a bummer.

I was like screw it and took everyone off ignore because the way ignore works does not work.
    • Like x 1
  6. Surtur Well-Known Player

Without shields the nature & elec healers along with the atomic, fire, rage & ice tanks ( they already had mucho shields ) would be killing everything. They already do if you're not careful.

You have to look at shields like a balancing factor against big heals & tanks. Start looking at it old school PVP style. Rock paper scissors. Just like in your sig. PVP is closer to being old school PVP than it has been for years.
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

i dunno. just farming for styles on the villain side, bro. thats some of the only things i got left to do except... *sigh*... LPVE...
  8. Surtur Well-Known Player

Uuuuhhggg don't even mention that word. LOL

the feats there are redonkulous or Straight up screwed up. Like someone said about these before. Some sadist came up with the feats. That goes for the majority of the feats in game to begin with.
    I mean really...run an instance 100 timeso_O ............. o_O good lordo_O
    • Like x 1
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

i recently have killed 300 ninjas in unpaid dues.
    now i need to polute gothams river 50 tmes...
    and only 3 times you can do it... per run... :(
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

Ok, it took a while... Now i know how to realy beat atomic and fire in the batcave (shadow lands possible too, even thought not as easy... Basicly every instance where you need to stay in the ring for points) with mental (other powers would go aswell, but mental has a comfortable amount of shields and encasement possibilities): first, before your oponent can reach the ring, use thought bubble. Mabe you allready won now. If not: activate the first shield and watch your enemy for a while. try to find out his tactics. If his shield goes off, cryokinesis has a chance to encase dazed targets. Sometimes, it only roots or your opponend is immune to CC. Doesnt matter, if your shield goes off, activate the next and wait again for his shield to get off. Make sure to refresh dazed after a while for cryo to be able to freeze into a huge block of ice (the encasement of thought bubble works too, but somehow i have the impression that ice is a stronger incasement and lasts longer...). Mostly, your opponends will free themselves within a splittsecond. But: if they happen to be low in power (forced by the continous outbreaks), they will sooner or later get incaseed for just enough time for you to pick the encased enemy up (not sure if needed: super strenght will let you do so) and trow them far away all down the stairs into the deep abbys of the arena. Should he come back fast, one more attack with though bubble makes sure he will be too late to win. Because if you get even one second the ring counting for you, the winner is you! From there on, you can either try to do same again, or you can lay back and activate one shield after the other untill the time will send you back with 200 marks (it is highly likely that your opponend either gives up in agony and waits outside the ring or rage quits after exclaiming "now way" and/or occasionally insults in versus chat (allways keep it activated to get a feast of the frustration you just caused and amuse yourself of all the written attacks you can learn). Don't forget to respond with "2ez" and/or "git gud"
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you should have named the topic how to deal with shields, not the powers you listed because all powers are spamming shields right now
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

No need to raise damage at all, we don't want another Am wm era, only solution is to either reduce some of the heals or add block counters to the combos.
  13. 1ANGER1 New Player

Let me say this. I'm not happy with the way pvp is now, too many cheating/cheap players on bull and I keep getting thrown in with either noobs or someone who's going to over destroy me. I just got to pvp 97 and I'm already thrown in with 101 or 100s no in between for the weaker. PvP is ignorant to play unless your op or a healer or atomic.no buff for weak characters going against the strongest on the game. I can't even block in pvp nothing works.
    Thanks for the mind blowing experience.
  14. 1ANGER1 New Player

My defense got smacked with the update can't do enough damage before they kill me even with 2 shields and a heal...
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

How to deal with atomic and fire tanks in pvp: don't play pvp.

Best tutorial ever.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

:p I like hitting people.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, they just sayd they will lower shields dammage cap in PVP on test right now.
    but that doesn't help much against uninterruptable combos and insane self healing...