How To Counter Celestial?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Filthyprankeddd, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your not putting 2 + 2 together. The MA lunge is about the hardest hitting move in pvp, at least for a weapon. You will kill a person trying to do a celestial combo if they do not stop their combo to block. This is the most effective way to get a celestial spammer to stop.
  2. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

You are so right! that makes 100% sense spamming lunge when celestial spams combos and getting blocked because celestial can cancel combos and after getting blocked that celestial will totally not go back to spamming so that whole lunge idea you had just got countered by what you were trying to counter with therefore its not a counter to celestial. Man your giving miss information, 1. MA lunge cant out dps celestial your claim is a lie Celestial will kill you in 5 seconds or less if spammed.

Like somebody recently said your best bet is to use a good hard hitting stun ability.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If you time it perfectly, maybe. The last update celestial got gives them a window to complete the combo and pretty sure can not be knocked out of it.

Use what you want. I'm just giving information that works for me.
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

When you enter the input to execute a combo there is a set animation time that must be played through before you can perform any other action, even if you were not to complete a multi-input combo all the way you are stuck in an animation for the portion that you do execute. This is Celestial's biggest weakness to comboing as you essentially stand still and become a punching bag for enemies if you just execute combos, especially in larger group sizes where damage splitting makes the large AoEs of Celestial's harder hittting combos almost nonexistence with any competent healer in the group.

Also, going for stuns is not a good idea since the middle portions of multi-input combos grant the user CC resistance.
    • Like x 1
  5. JangaMan Active Player

I can't take this post seriously. It's targeted towarfs 1v1s and 1v1s is the worst way to check if powers are balanced.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This isn't a thread about balancing. This is a thread on countering. It's a legit question on one of the more abused and exploited powers in PvP currently. So why not take it seriously? Doesn't all PvP start 1v1? Knowing the basics of pvp, countering, is a fundamental.
  7. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

In my experience using weapon combos that stun a lot helps with interrupting celestial combos like brawling for example.
  8. JangaMan Active Player

My mistake. :/
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Late reply but
    1. Yes, knock me down a few time and go through your power from constantly restarting
    2. Sure it does lol Get a person with 4300+ prec with MA lunge and breakout clipping and see how Celestial combos hold up.
    3. You can if you know this magical thing called block breaking from prediction and lunge cancelling.
    • Like x 1
  10. That1DarkKnight Active Player

Yeah... celestial prec DoTs can not be countered with mitigation from weapon lunges, you'll have to just deal out more damage with whatever power you have and of course you are encouraged to counter your opponent whenever you can to hep deal out (a certain PC terminology which I forgot) "knockdown" damage.
  11. Ereez Well-Known Player

Celestial and hardlight dudes beat my *** in pvp lol
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So learn to lunge. The damage will be higher than what they are pumping out which will eventually make them block. You just have to be on point with counters.
  13. Ereez Well-Known Player

I'm not much of a pvper, celestial and HL seem mad strong though
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Move away for starters, don't attempt to melee or block. You have to stay moving, lunging, blockbreak, jump behind them, keep moving.
  15. Roguester Well-Known Player

One of the worst powers created in Dcuo,one that encourages spamming over the action combat that is the fundamental part of pvp.
    Every other powers that combo are either vulnerable to block or interrupt except celestial.
    This is another good example of why pvp became what it is today,the neglect of the fundamental part of pvp,lowering counter dmg to a point where spamming MA lunges gives more results,just look at 4s or 5s.
    The OP is a really bad question to ask in DCUO, this game became who kills who faster in the most cheesy way possible,with a mix of roll canceling,lunge canceling,power spamming fashion.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

? Isn't the goal of pvping to beat the other person as fast as you can? Maybe I'm missing something. FYI, the MA lunge has not changed in years. It's always been there. There are other weapons besides MA that people use in pvp. The reason celestial is so hard to get out of their combos has nothing to do with pvp. It's another pve fix that carried over to pvp. Nothing will be different after the revamp either. People will find the best powers or the powers that perform the best in pvp and go with those.

I really can't remember a time when all powers were balanced in pvp. Someone will always find some way to play that people won't like and call it cheese.
  17. Roguester Well-Known Player

It should never be about who kills who faster,thats the mentality that destroyed and is still destroying pvp today.(in all games)
    It should be about mind games, reaction,different play styles,innovative loadouts, creative players in general.
    And yes there use to be a time where all powers were almost balanced, it wasnt the actual power sets that made that happen but the combat system, powers could do as much as 2 k crits at best and COUNTERS 3 to 4 k crits so no matter what power you used the core counter system made sure that the dominant player was the one playing the combat system at its best.(blocking,block braking,etc)
    Why do you think we had a champion?(Clutchmeister)
    He was the one that perfected his play style based on the counter system and was always dominant.
    Now any yahoo with the right power/skill points/mods can just spam him away without a single counter,thats what we call CHEESE!(winning by using a rotation that doesnt even require u to look at your opponent)
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, your name dropping amuses me.

Healers win pvp matches, pure and simple. I can't wait for the nature heal in pvp to be removed with the revamp. You can do these rotations if your dead. Catching blues is still important. Isn't this thread about countering? Yes some powers are broken, but with enough skill, you can beat them. I'm sorcery and won't change powers. I can make it work and beat the hl, ice, celestial players. Those rotations are based off of a good heal keeping them alive to do so. Good players still.beat broken powers, it's just that good players with broken powers is overkill. You can't keep faulting players for wanting to play the powers with the best chance to win. No real updates in two years, and probably months of hot fixes after the update. Let those that enjoy pvp now do so. It can still be fun.
  19. Roguester Well-Known Player

Ofc it can be fun,by all means enjoy it. it will be another 6 years before a proper pvp update