How To Counter Celestial?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Filthyprankeddd, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Filthyprankeddd New Player

Is there anyway to counter Celestial's shield burst move in PvP. If there's no way to counter it would this be the most OP dps in the game? I've even tried fire tanking against them and even that I get my butt handed to me. I can beat every other power at a good rate but I can barely win against celestials because of the shield burst. I've tried waiting till it ran out but then I just get pummeled. The only solution I could find is to try and get the blue immunity then break the shield but most of the time I can only pull that off is if they block. I beat more tanks than Celestial dps, solely since I have to wait till they run out of power, but if Celestial its damn near impossible for me. I've also seen a couple of them use a SC that literally make their health go from like 1/4 health bar to near full health which not even the pvp cola can do. I would maybe guess its life drain. At first I thought HL was top dog but at least it's counterable/blockable mid combo. I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing or what. So does anyone know how to beat them? I've tried stunning them as well but stuns only happen rarely, probably 90-95% of the time they pull the combo off and I'm not able to stun them and they have shorter spurses of combos so again it's not like HL where the main combo is longer so it's more stunnable. Not crying for a nerf just trying to find any ways around it. If there's nothing then we'll I guess i'll just keep losing to them until they fix pvp and the entirely haha. Then again healing tanks have been cheap for a long time and I've been taking sporadic breaks from DC. Well thanks for any help guys!
  2. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

you can always out-cheese the cheese xD. get MA weapon, spam lunge and hit ur finisher when he's at 35%. and celestial will be stuck in their animation, enough for you to kinda predict when they're able to block so you can throw ur BB. as godly as they are in 1s, i still find fire tanks worse and way more annoying. and there's a reason why we don't see celestial dps in competitive 4s, tho they are great to burn noobs and pug groups.
    • Like x 1
  3. Road Kill Active Player

Dude, try giving proper advice. All the stuff you just said can't be taken seriously because you are fighting a real fighter not a pve add with no brains. You sound like the devs of this game, alot of run around answers but no solutions.
  4. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

lol if u pvp, even a bit, u'll know that was actually a proper advice.
    do u know how hard MA's lunge hits? given u got immunity once or twice, u can actually out-damage a celest spammer with only that. and i also stated that u can "kinda" predict when a celest spammer will be able to block so u can prepare ur BB, so yeah, my advice actually consist "fighting a real fighter, not a pve with no brain" so to speak.

the guy asked for advice to handle with celest in this current state, and this is what i usually do. and from my experience it worked 80-90% of the time. if u or anybody else have another advice u can share, please by all means share with us.
  5. Road Kill Active Player

your advice garbage. just did 2v2 and you bs advice didn't work as predicted. but yeah, your advice is as broken as pvp is. your joke and stop with the flaud crap already.
  6. Road Kill Active Player

devs need to get off their lazy butts and fix pvp. mental noobs spam 35% so ur dazed and can't do crap, celestial ha, im sure they know that power is broken af but will they fix it?
  7. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

what is ur gear? what is ur opponent gears? SP? mods? u sure its not because the celest dps simply have better stats than you? or do u lunge properly? or just blindly lunge to his blocks as if u are fighting "a pve with no brain" so to speak?
    it worked with me, if it doesn't work with you, then please, by all means, any other advice will be nice if u have any.

lol this is why the pvp community wont grow.. noobs get beaten all the time and they blame on how broken pvp is.. don't get me wrong, pvp IS broken and unbalanced, but don't always blame on it. coz in some cases it is just simply because ur opponent is better.

with all being said, celest IS now the OP DPS power for 1s and 2s at this current state. nothing will change for a while coz they're revamping ALL powers. it is what it is.
    • Like x 1
  8. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

You obviously dont pvp cele is so OP and filed with so many exploits you can cancel a BB with one of cele moves lol.
  9. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Ha you did 2v2..... Thats where you messed up
  10. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

I love when mental gets crucified for having an op finisher when majority of the powers in game are busted. Fun fact HL finisher can finish multiple people, meaning if 3 people are below 35% and have no immunity, they get finished
  11. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

actually, no. HL's light blast contains few hits. 5 little hits and 2 big hits. the 2 big hits are the ones that deal extra damage at 35%. fun fact, the 5 little hits are AoE, but the 2 big hits (that really are the real "finisher" here) are single target.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Dude, lol. He is not giving bad advice. MA lunge is one of the hardest hitting weapon moves in pvp. It's been that way for years, just more noticeable over the last two. This goes for a HL or Celestial spammer. The MA lunge does more damage than their combos. Not just one, over and over. This does work.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Guess what, same advice. 35% move you can counter. Lunge, lunge, lunge.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well that's not true. The small hits are aoe, like a dot. The two big hits, are single target.
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea just gotta out cheese the cheese. Ask some of the top PvP leagues they know all the tricks.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, top pvp leagues.
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

This is exactly what i do.. shame i had to save up for a certain weapon just to keep up with a certain power. i still have trouble with celes spammers in heal role... feels like im fighting a tank that hits hard. I dont really like how pvp is right now i pretty much stick to legends pvp when i do play.
  18. IwasHu7ch New Player

I dunno about you but if they start the combo I usually just apply some hard CC to interrupt it (the encase on Gadgets works well).
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It's hit or miss with CCs. Kind of depends when you hit them in their combo. The last round of patches gave them a window to be able to complete a combo without being knocked out of it. That's why lunging them in their face when they are comboing works best.
  20. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

MA lunge does not counter celestial idk why people are sitting here lieing to OP. Giving miss information.
    1. if your able to spam MA lunge on a celestial that celestial has no idea that he can cancel his abilities with a block
    2. Celestial out damages MA lunge dont beilve me il post a video of a player using MA lunge against a Cele and fail
    3.You cant counter something with something that can be countered by what your trying to counter. Thats logic.