How to collect all new NY 2022 base items, styles n accessory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dead13, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Dead13 Well-Known Player

How to collect all new NY 2022 base items, styles n accessory in 26 event days? I wanted to collecct all new feats, but when started t count i see that its impossible.
    3 hoodies - 150 marks
    1 access - 100 marks
    6 base items - 100 marks.
    How to collectect so much marks without paying real money?
    • Like x 1
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Do u have any alts? Alts can help with seasonal runs if u don’t wanna spend real life currency
    • Like x 2
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

Anyway ;) the answer is alts. At the premium level, you should have 6 characters. That's more than enough to collect a ton of seasonal currency all month long.
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Thank you for accentuating why seasonals are not fun in this game. My wife barely participates in them because the prices are too prohibitive. I've also found myself less and less interested in seasonal content since returning to the game last year. I found myself burnt out after trying to do what I had in previous years to keep up with the feats in each seasonal.

The game is supposed to be fun. Trying to keep up with the feats is not fun. Easy choice.
    • Like x 3
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

always, always, alts. even if you never use those characters for anything else, just have a couple standing by for the seasonals. makes life so so much easier. also, once you've got all the stuff you want, run it a few more times to stock up on currency ahead of next year.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Wow I can't believe some of you are defending this, like players should be expected to pay or play alts.

This usually gets picked up in testing phase and changed, but guess not this time.

Seasonals are supposed to be a short fun event, not a super grind or on to that an impossible grind, even if you are only playing one character.

There's no doubt about it, this pricing is over the top if it's impossible to complete even running it every day.
    • Like x 4
  7. Eve YouTuber

I don't agree with the prices at all, specifically for base items and 1 star feats. (3 Hoodies for 1 star feat, 150 Holly Leaves..)
    Also they changed the base items feats back to "Collect everything" instead of letting us collect x amount of what we want to get :\
    Halloween and Christmas seasonals are still fun for me to run for at least the first week or so, and they have enough items I can get for bases or styles, but I am really disappointed with what we got this year.

But this aside, yes, you have to use alts, if you don't want to spend money.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The prices are atrocious. I just split everything up between three characters so one will buy the accessory, one will buy the jackets and the other will get the base items.
    • Like x 4
  9. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I like to use alts to get it done faster, but even without them, the full cost is 350 holly leaves, yes? At 17 holly leaves a day (vault + open world + alert), you can miss a full week of the seasonal and still get enough marks on a single toon to get the feats.

This doesn’t address what I think are reasonable concerns from base builders about getting decorations + feats, but to the OP’s point, the 2022 feats themselves seem reasonably obtainable without having to use alts. Unless I’m missing math?
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

The base builders issue was raised by me on the very first day in the testing feedback thread and was evidently disregarded, so just sayin' - absolutely disappointing.
    • Like x 2
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

"Artificial extension of content duration" via higher prices, needs to go. Disgusting. Especially with base items. Who are they trying to fool?
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Like the others have said, alts are the key. If you don't have them, make them and grind a bit to get to 20. Should be easy enough.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But it doesn't 'require' alts....it just makes it get done faster or make you reasonably assured to finish if you decide to 'miss' a day or 4.

I'm not a big fan of the prices (or lack of tradability on the style items/accessory), but 26 days at 17 a day is 442 marks, almost 100 more than the required 350, so plenty to get the job done on just 1 toon. We've seen some seasonal events where that is not the case and single toon completion wasn't even possible so alts are actually 'required' (or spend money....ick). Use 2 alts and you can be done in a week. Even using 1 alt you wouldn't even have to run more than 11 times or you could just skip the vault and outdoor entirely, pop in, queue....pop out...and you can still quit a week early. Use some in game funny money to buy the base items and cut the prices down to 250 if that's still too much a challenge.

Besides, if you weren't running these runs....wouldn't that leave all those poor helpless players waiting on long queue times and lacking the chance to learn from you? Do it for the community man! Be at team player, like me!:D

But, I guess this means you think it's too hard to run these seasonals? Maybe if you built your toon and alts properly, it would be less difficult for you? I mean....why else would anyone complain about anything other than it's too difficult....right? Couldn't be it's just something they prefer not to do...right?:eek:

And don't give in to FOMO....if you don't want to run the seasonal, don't. It's less than 1 SP and you don't need every SP....or get them next year when the prices will likely be reduced, the feats will still be there.
    • Like x 3
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I finished the feats on the first day :p and No I made 4 different alt accounts to be like you so that I can avoid queuing with plebs that annoy me :D

And I hadn't done the math, I took OP at face value that they had when they said it was impossible :p

Also haven't you learned by now, I don't give a **** about the new players lol, I just pretend to care so I can argue with the "Devil's Advocate" :cool::cool:
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...I know you are bad at the fact checking....conjecture works so much better for your side of the argument.

And....you know you will see that quoted back to you out of context later....gotta pin this post.o_O
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I knew it would lol, that's part of my evil plan :p
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

In fact.....I got some posts to put up....