How to Beat Rage Without Debuff?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Echephyle, May 31, 2014.

1. Echephyle New Player

As we all know, healer vs tank and movement mode debuffs are getting canned in the next pvp season.

My question is, how are we ever able to deal with rage tanks and dps without being able to debuff them?

The common tactic was to build up damage and debuff afterwards to rage crash them. Come season 3, we can't do that anymore and they'll just be able to heal endlessly.

I think rage will be way op in the next pvp season.
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

"If the first you dont succeed, pack your bags."- Aubrey Posen, Pitch Perfect
    • Like x 1
  3. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

I thought movement debuffs would be left untouched and that only the power advantage debuff would be taken out. :confused:
  4. Echephyle New Player

If that's the case then it's not so bad, but i thought i heard somewhere that they're being removed.
  5. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

It would be pretty dumb to take out the movement mode debuffs. Hopefully it is just a silly rumor that someone made up.
    • Like x 1
  6. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

movement mode debuffs were the worst thing that happened to pvp. if they're going to take away power debuff abilities in pvp, those horrid movement mode debuffs should go, too.
    • Like x 4
  7. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Then only trolls could throw debuffs and all powers strengths would be unchecked. Fires healing, ice's many shields, and rage's healing would be unchecked. Although fire's healing isn't on rage level but neither here or there.
  8. Echephyle New Player

Says the rage tank lol. Try being a non healer dps fighting a rage tank with no debuff. 90% guaranteed loss
    • Like x 4
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

• We will remove role debuffs and confidence damage buffs.
      • These are only necessary today as a way to break a fully functioning group engine to (sometimes) allow players to be KOd.
      • This includes Tank immunity to Controller effects but Tanks retain their ability to cleanse regular Controller specific debuffing effects.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-in-progress-whats-next-for-arena-pvp.201926/
    later in that thread:
    MrMigraine said:
    “Let me make sure I have this right ... you are removing the Role Debuffs granted by Movement Modes AND the Debuffs originally granted by opposing roles (i. e. Healer > Tank, Controller > Healer, etc) ... but you are keeping Controllers' ability to Debuff Healing, Defense and Offense?”
    and Tunso replied:
    "Correct, concept of role debuffs will go away. However general debuffing, an important function of being a Controller, will remain. And Tanks will still be able to cleanse those debuffs."
    So yes, debuffs are going the way of the dodo.
    As for Rage, I guess try to counter their rage crash remover.
    • Like x 2
  10. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

i'll put it like this, before those movement mode debuffs came into the game, i was a fire/earth tank that never needed such in order to beat a healer. debuffs are only something needed to handicap your opponent, not an only weapon to beat an opponent. do you understand? don't make excuses for my power of choice, that's not fair to me at all when i don't make excuses for another's power of choice. it's not impossible to beat a rage dps or tank without a debuff, it's more clear to me that you're just not very good at countering. yes, countering, which is the real key to beating someone who supposedly uses a more dominant power than you. learn to counter effectively and efficiently, you wont have to make such excuses again.
    • Like x 1
  11. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

you would think they'd bring some kind of balance among the powers upon such a decision though, right? because that is what this upcoming update is about, bringing balance to the game that everyone has called for. who knows, we may be in for something entirely unexpected that turns out great.
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Same coulda been said for Celestial lol. We see how that ended. -_-

Anyway... countering is something I definitely need to work on. -.- ugh... countering a counter is still yuck to me.
  13. Yallander Loyal Player

In the WIP section Clutchmeister and I were discussing a possible "armor piercing" mechanic to deal with the lack of debuffs for everyone but controllers. The idea was a mix of his with countering/shields and a little of my interjection.

Basically it would be that a counter when landed would not just grant immunity, it would also grant @ 3 seconds of "armor piercing" where damage done would bypass shields or role damage mitigation mechanics WITHOUT removing the shields (thus any zerged attacks by those that DID NOT get immunity would be mitigated by the shields.)

In short it would put more emphasis on knowing the counter mechanics and getting the upper hand than just spamming shields.

I will say currently on live if you are a Celestial healer, just use Renew c/Curse on them and watch them 1/2 kill themselves :).
    • Like x 3
  14. Echephyle New Player

With an equally skilled opponent, rage wins 90% of the time. I would have to be way better than the rage player and totally outclass him skillwise to do what you suggest. And yes, i do know how to counter thank you very much. But when the rage tank counters too?
  15. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

you claim that you know how to counter, but the question is are you skilled at countering? you keep going back to this "everything is impossible" mindset, which is something i refuse to level on myself. if i'm a tank that's capable of beating equally geared healers without a movement mode debuff, you think i'm worried about something like that? please. the fact that you run into an equally skilled opponent or perhaps a more skilled opponent, that's only inevitable. only choice you have then is to out-think the opponent, you can't win them all. still, the point is, it's not as impossible as you try to preach or impossible at all.
  16. realTREDD New Player

really you just have to learn the animations and timing for rage when you do that its fairly easy to counter their relentless anger and severe punishment because all of their crash ignores can either be interrupted or blocked.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheCelestialKiller Well-Known Player

ILL SMACK ME A RAGE TOON. AYE MOXLEY! PUT THEM DUKES UP! HAHA
  18. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

lol, was up celestial, i think the op needs to learn a few things from you, lol.
  19. Echephyle New Player

My point is for balance. Yes it's not impossible, but you have to agree it's imbalanced. It's like having a ufc fight with no weight classes. When factors favor one particular opponent, balance is gone. It's possible to overcome those odds, but very few can do it.

With movement mode debuffs, it helps to level the playing field.
  20. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

IMO that's a bad idea to remove role debuffs, while they're at it to make everything fair and sure it won't last forever they could also remove all roles from pvp and just make it a huge dps fest. That would make it like some kind of Legends.