How much it actually is 0-200 arts.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ScorchingSin, Sep 23, 2020.

1. L T Devoted Player

The test server client is still free. You only need a 10-year-old PC to download and run it.
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Test server is fine for PC players but i can barely operate a mouse an keyboard for work purposes much less to play a game (maybe theres a way to plug the controller in?) but then the expectation would be that i buy said controller an buy said cable.
    None of this seems like its our issue to solve......
    If devs made a system to help their customers theres no downside plain an simple.
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's why I only take my artifacts to 139 and no higher, theres no point. I do just fine with 139 arts, I've soloed the current reg raid just fine. So having 200 artifacts arent needed.
    • Like x 1
  4. myandria Item Storage

I use my PS4 controller for the test server and it works great; I can't work a mouse for gameplay to save my life. When I play PC games I usually use the keyboard and only use the mouse for specific menu functions. You can use the usb port to plug in a controller for the test server. Just make sure that you plug in the controller BEFORE you start up the test server or it will not be recognized. I learned that the hard way...LOL:D!
    • Like x 2
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thnx, i may look into test then!
  6. Realist617 Active Player

Allow a man who has spent $20,000 in marketplace cash since I started playing at the start of Birds of Prey to chime in on the subject. My family in independently wealthy so I have been fortunate enough as a late player of the game to level 22 artifacts on my main, 9 on my first alt, and 7 on my second alt... ALL with real world cash. Many of them I simply wanted to try so I bought them because I could. I realize nobody needs as many artifacts as I have, however they absolutely do need a minimum of 3 of to be able to compete at end game with a single role. That mean that EVERY player of this game is forced to spend a certain amount of money to compete at end game. One free seal bought with loyalty points means nothing when a player need 12 to do every artifact per role. Thats one full year just to finish a single role, it is absurd. New artifacts are released with every new episode, usually at least one of them will be considered the new meta. Episodes are released 3-4 times per year. There is NO WAY a person could grind out the resources to do these a even close to a timely manor. Something has to give. I understand that this game is a for-profit business but these costs to the average working class person are simply out of reach. I have had artifacts and augments at 60 percent chance or higher fail breakthrough 7-11 times in a row(I would love to send you the game clips, you know I hit the "record that" button for all of them), each one destroying a seal of preservation. The seal system in its entirety is a cash grabbing scam at its worst. This game is a free download rated T for teen, which means 13 year olds are spending their parents money on a gambling system that they may not quite understand. In my state the legal age for gambling is 21, does this seem right to anyone? I cant argue that if you want to play you should expect to spend some money, but the numbers speak for themselves. Something needs to change in the artifact system soon or I honestly believe the games online population will drop to a dangerous low, putting the life of the DCUO on the line. We have all shown that we are willing to spend money on this game so if prices to "Win" were adjusted I do believe the game could thrive even more. With the next gen consoles coming this holiday season, the possibilities for new ideas are endless. Please reconsider your marketing strategies, they are not fair to the community that has shown DCUO so much support for almost a decade strong.
    • Like x 9
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

My only problem with people saying go on test and try them out is that doesn't give me "real world" results unless the same 7 people I usually run with also go on test. Arts are also meant for helping the entire team. Looking at them from a dps aspect even, you're missing buffs from trolls, seeing if your healer can keep up without canceling amulet, whatever whatever. Same goes for all the role specific ones. How do I test healing artifacts if there isn't some actual gameplay? Test server isn't exactly popping.
    • Like x 1
  8. gruntsmith Level 30

I wanted to say that but didn't want to start an arguement. My stats on test are lower than live. Also trying say source shard in Phoenix cannon or fire and brimstone isn't happening on test
    • Like x 1
  9. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

The prices are way to high. Those numbers speak for themselves. Came here to play DCUO, to play a video game. Not to argue, bag, complain etc. on the forums. Just to play the game, as many of you would imagine.

Then I'm here, doing it with my first post ever. Because reached that point after a few months of playing, that this has to be either fixed, looked into. Or I just have leave and go on to something else, to play and/or do with.

I mean, if you understand and hold that value too (to an extent): Just come here and play, then you know you don't want to think and work on stuff that should not be your main concern. In a world that revolves around money, they have to make money for their living. The moderation with how they do it, is almost non existent.

That "just come here and play the game" conception is probably just an illusion after this I'm holding to and is not possible here. Which I can understand to an extent. If you, any of you who reads this knows that part from Aristoteles about virtue-golden middle-moderation then this can be much easier to fix, solve, adjust, optimized for players and developers, owners as well etc. And many more things here and there, carrying that to other domains in-game and in real life etc.

Greetings.
  10. Unholy Deathcourse New Player

Honestly I personally feel artifacts ruined the game for me. Like yes it's good that you have it but it takes the fun out of the game when everything you do is judged based on your artifacts. I'm sorry Karen I don't have a 200 artifacts cause I'm to poor to afford seals and barely have time to play gather nth metals.....
    • Like x 1
  11. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

It is unberable to level them after level 160. And one player has at least 3 artifacts to level. And the shifts, nerfs, meta, upcoming artifacts hasent been even mentioned. It completely overhauls the time effort and resources put into the current 3 artifacts.
    People either defend it beacause they have the real money to buy the stuff or they just doesnt bother and leave or just swallow it.
    Please make it more affordable, events, discounts, higher drop rates, more frequently.
    • Like x 5
  12. zVeNoMouSz New Player

Perhaps, If you breakthrough an artifact on your main, the cost of XP for that same artifact on an alt should be cut in half?

Or Seals that recycle an artifact and returns all catalyst and XP to your inventory. It was like this years ago when we modded gear not arts.
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

How are you spending that much money? The nth metal is 100% free in the broker and you get points for each month for being a member its like 300 points for a 100% breakthrough seal you get 500 points a month. You use normal seals to get to rank 140 to 160 then u use 100% seals. You don't have to use real money if you do it should only cost 30 to 40 bucks to rank up to 200. You crazy man you must mean it costs that much if you want to buy your way to 200 on a no 2x nth metal weekend. Iv got 6 artifacts on 5 toons at 200 rank I never spent anywhere close to what your talking about. You should probably ask someone who knows more about the game, how to get artifacts to 200 easy with spending 30 to 40 each art or not spending at all on anything. I believe 14 or 15 nth metal caches at 99 a stack will get you from 160 to 200 rank on a exp day thats around 1 billion in game cash. You can bring that price way down buy only for 1 hour each toon I use 5 toons. Buy nth metal detectors with ingame cash off the broker. In 1 hour u should have 5 or 6 nth metal cache. You'll have 99 caches in a matter of days if you do this and buy them with extra cash when they sell for cheap. Knowing when to sell and when to buy really makes a big difference. 5 toons should net u 30mil a day each toon for 1 hour each even more if u getting good drops. make sure you run fast dont be some slow player time is money my friend. You don't have to worry about catalysts to upgrade your artifacts with You'll have 5 toons and more marks of victory then you'll know what to do with. Enjoy the big tip hope this helps