How Many Toons Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robert-Vim, May 7, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

On EU you can use special letters lol, I just didn't write the special letters here.
  2. Scourge o' the Cosmos Well-Known Player

I second this :D

I too have a lot of toons. I have my main on the hero side and 30 alts. Of those 30 alts 11 are villains. My main is a custom character who was originally conceived as a Superman lookalike. But over the course of the years he has evolved into a Batman based character with meta powers.

Most of my alts are lookalikes of iconics from DC, Marvel, Mortal Kombat and a bunch of other brands and franchises. Among these toons are a couple of public domain characters like Santa Claus and Dracula. I also have a couple of custom toons whom I've levelled up to the 295/315 CR range. I mostly use these alts to farm seasonal currency and items. I second the OP in his wish for more character slots. I have so many ideas for toons that I'd like to have at least 16 more slots :D. Now I have to get creative with alternate armory builds of my existing toons which doesn't always work in my favor :(

As for the names, I don't really care for original ones (Batman, Superman,Wonder Woman). I give my toons generic names like 'Caped Crusader' or 'Ferocious Avenger' (these are just examples, I don't actually have toons with these particular names). I do this because sometimes I get bored with a toon and I want to change it's appearance and/or power. But if I do so, I don't want to be stuck with a name that doesn't match the toon. I know it's only a game, but I'm very particular about this o_O...:) It has to feel 'right' for me
    • Like x 1
  3. Caroline Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  4. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

It's like they just looked at the room and said , "what will I name this toon?" Oh I know there's a "spoon in my cereal" thats a great name! .. My iggy list is so full of names just like such.. ;)
  5. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Yeah but, you always go a step further and create elaborate bases for them all too! I have several fully set up "lairs" for many of my toons. i.e. a base devoted to 60s Batman complete with extra wings/caves and a "connected" Mansion straight down the street from it, etc. I've seen some of your works and they are quite exceptional. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Awesome! Most of my toons are based on older representations of the Hero/Villains. I'm probably one of the eldest people on here ( near 3/4 century of turns on this dirtball ) so all of my renditions are older as well. For hours at a time somedays my youngest son and I will sit and just watch the toons and their names roll thru just "because". It's interesting to see some of the names/creations people come up with. :)
  7. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Looking at the list of names on your "url" you posted I do believe I've seen a couple of em in-game. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

Exactly one for each power:
    • Sorcery: my main
    • Gadget, Earth & Water: my A team alts, they usually are not far behind my main
    • Light, Electric, Atomic, Ice, Rage & Quantum: my B team alts, I run em on 2x weekends and wait til my main has full gear and share the feat then buy enough to keep them current
    • Munitions & Celestial: zero love, mostly banks sitting around 120-130 CR
    • Fire, Nature and Mental: my villain's, used to try to keep them current but now they are largely idle except my nature toon I'll play during spring event for styles
    • Like x 4
  9. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

I suppose i'll follow suit with Zoe and share a select few of my character names maybe give short round up story wise for couple of them.

Beastium (Nature) - Main

Saevas (Rage) - Only joined hero side to figure out peoples weakness and kill them in future.

Aqua Vita (Water)

Caleo ( Fire)

Praedium ( Earth) - Twin brother of Beastium control's the very earth beneath him.

None of these have hidden symbols/Characters in their name all OG.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I have 20 characters created in total, with six at endgame. I consider one of those (Healer/DPS) to be my "main main" and have a Tank and Controller that are my "sub mains" and the other three are there just to funnel crafting materials for OP items and mods to my "main main" and to make some money by selling off the extras.
    • Like x 4
  11. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

My wife's main is a healer. I usually play one myself but, for some reason I just can't get into the groove so to speak in this game when it comes to healing. All the "props" in the world to those of you that do it fulltime in-game!. I fell back on my old "tried and true" of a tank for a main although I have a dps ( Karisandr ... fire ), that somehow seems to be getting played though more than my main as of late . ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

I mean in-game money. Multiple alts make it so I don't have to buy stabilizers for TC items and stuff for op items
    • Like x 1
  13. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

I have no problem spending r/l currency to purchase TCs. I have literally spent 10s of thousands of dollars thru the last 10 years so far. I just will NOT however, allow someone to make the game their business off of me selling something at a decent price to which they buy and resell at 20x the amount.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

A whopping 32, currently waiting for more character slots so I can make more.
    • Like x 3
  15. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I do this whenever I can as I really like base designing. Did that a ton in City of Heroes.

To answer the OP Question I have about 20 charactes, some are purely mule status and I rarely, if ever, play them, but most get played at some time or another and almost all have themed bases and original names. I almost never do knockoffs or homage characters. Only 3 I have really are
    • Wednezday Addams - Haunted spooky/kooky Base w/graveyard & crypts
    • Mighty NDowd - Catgirl who's nowhere near as "endowed" as nina was (mule - space dive)
    • Artifact Hunter - Lara Croft homage - Base is a Museum with 9 exhibits or so on 2 levels and storage/workroom below.
    The Rest cover all sorts of stuff with names like
    • Netara Sin - Fear Lantern Galactic Mob Boss - High class Gambling Den base
    • Vela Soulbalancer - Space Hippy - Comfy Hedonistic pad
    • Trixie TimeStream - Quantum Fey - Magical/Fairytale Nature Pub
    • Tremor Tina - Gothic Pub & Love Nest
    • Nyteshade Nymph - Ancient Nature/Magic base
    • Erato RipTide - Water Nymph - Nightclub / Dance club (garden is wip - need spring/summer stuff)
    • Ceto Chameleon - Greek-esque Open Market & garden (wip)
    • Angelic Jolt - Electric Angel - Halfway home/Soup kitchen in front & Crystal living area in back (still need zam crystals)
    • Harliquin Coldsnap - Frosty Jester - Underground Circus/Carnival w/rides & games & winter wonderland.
    • LilRed RidingHoodlum - tiny tot terror - unfinished armory / kids playroom.
    Have more but their bases aren't really done yet and some not even started.
    • Like x 1
  16. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

• Netara Sin - Fear Lantern Galactic Mob Boss - High class Gambling Den base
    • Vela Soulbalancer - Space Hippy - Comfy Hedonistic pad
    • Trixie TimeStream - Quantum Fey - Magical/Fairytale Nature Pub
    • Tremor Tina - Gothic Pub & Love Nest
    • Nyteshade Nymph - Ancient Nature/Magic base
    • Erato RipTide - Water Nymph - Nightclub / Dance club (garden is wip - need spring/summer stuff)
    • Ceto Chameleon - Greek-esque Open Market & garden (wip)
    • Angelic Jolt - Electric Angel - Halfway home/Soup kitchen in front & Crystal living area in back (still need zam crystals)
    • Harliquin Coldsnap - Frosty Jester - Underground Circus/Carnival w/rides & games & winter wonderland.
    • LilRed RidingHoodlum - tiny tot terror - unfinished armory / kids playroom.
    I absolutely LUV the names and personas you created! The very names of the bases make you want to visit just to see what madness lies instore. :)
  17. Imaginos Dedicated Player

If you want to toss me out a name I'll add you to the bases and you can check them out, or message me ingame and I'll give you a tour. Usually playing Angelic Jolt and Ceto Chameleon lately.
    • Like x 1
  18. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

I'm usually on either Bruce Vim or Karisandr . Those are the two I'm working on most at present. :) and before I forget Thank You!!
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think, well for me personally anyway, it depends on the power as well as the role. I just love Celestial healing, I don't know why. I don't really like healing with any of the other powers at all. I think it's because of the combos so I feel like I'm on the move and doing something all the time. I don't really like laying down a heal and then doing weapon attacks until it's time for the next heal, which is what I felt like I was doing with other healing powers. Not every role is for every player, it's important to play something you feel comfortable in.
    • Like x 1
  20. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

I tried out Celestial when I first rolled my original 3 toons ..one was named Daedani and she was a Celestial healer. I couldn't get the "hang" of it so she got completely redid. I switched her power and weapon out and she even got a new look and name for the fire powers she was switched to. She is now Karisandr and I switch her back n forth between tank and dps roles as needed. I so agree with you that you have to be comfortable in what you play. Again I applaud you folks that heal full time in-game. It's a chore I cannot get a grip on n this game. :)
    • Like x 1