How Many Toons Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robert-Vim, May 7, 2021.

1. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

I don't ever use a marketplace in any game so I wouldn't know a thing except it costs even more than I am willing to spend. :p
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

look up Sotvier Inc.......
  3. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

I have about 17 toons really
    10 heroes, 3 vils, 2 bank toons, 2 not mine 1 not created as the powerset doesn't exist "yet".

The 10 heroes and 3 vils and 1 uncreated all have back stories and are interconnected story wise the 2 bank and 2 not mine do have potentiality but more substitutes really will they be fully fledged I dunno maybe.
    • Like x 3
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I have 16 toons.

Less than the number of times I've answered this question...but I never pass up the chance to state that all of my toons are characters I made up as a little kid and as a teenager (a period we will simply refer to as "the eighties"). Even after ten years it still blows my mind to see my characters come to some semblance of life through this game. It's wild.

Wilder even.
    • Like x 2
  5. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That was one of the cool things in City of Heroes. You had an "ID Card" and on it you could put in a backstory and a battle cry that you could say in battle...no voice, just text of course, but still that was cool. People could see your ID card if they inspected you.
    • Like x 3
  6. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I have my main, which is a healer, and 2 "main" alts, one as a troll, the other is a tank. They remain at end level content primarily to make sure I could be any role to help my league run something. After that, I have 3 alts that hover around end game content (on the low end), whose main reasons for existence are to farm catalysts and seasonal base items for my main. After that, I have 3 more seasonal farmers, one of which is my storage character. If you weren't counting, I have 9 toons.
    • Like x 4
  7. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Childhood creation; awesome! childhood in the 80s.. back it up a couple decades farther or so for me and yeah ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Never played the game personally. My youngest son did. He's the reason our family plays this game. With health limitations it ( playing video games ) was a way to "hang out" and just talk while having fun with the entire family. :)
    • Like x 2
  9. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Two platforms; there it is. I can't do that. It's like "jet lag' to me. ;) Seriously..heheh.. well that and I'm spoiled and have all my PCs custom created by long time good friends. :) I have created toons just because my "Jewishness slipped out for a second" as my wife says . ( I'm a Nazarite ). So I have toons with names like "Irving Rosenstein", one of my alter egos in r/l. etc. so, not all of my toons have "official" back-stories either. I just play them , well, because they're fun. Ya know that feeling? ;)
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

awesome! I created the original version of my main, Irvynnge, when I was 14. so, that's about fortythree / fortyfour years ago now, a period that we liked to refer to as "the seventies". his original name was Irving Gerber ( after Irving Forbush & Steve Gerber ), but, weirdly, that was taken, so I had to rejig the name a bit, & he's a girl now, but, yeah, essentially the same character.
  11. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup, it is understandable. Having two platforms to play on is a bit of a hassle, however I can get content done on all my PC toons just by them being in my group on PS and vice verse, lol. So that helps a lot..

But anyhow, at least those names are original sounding/looking, and light years better than XxBatmanxX. :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Oh don't even get me started on names with extra letter/numbers/deliberately misspelled! :p To me it shows a lack of creativity. spontaneity . Just a personal view but, it is what it is. Every name I have on my full roster are original names or names created to fit the toon..such as "Koriandr" is "Karisandr" , Nightwing/Robin became "Burt Grayson" , Batgirl became Yvonne Gordon etc. etc. etc.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I have two that I play and two bank toons. Though the Account Bound status of the vendor OP catalysts and gen mod boxes is making me consider calling up one of my bank toons from the minors to the big leagues. I wonder how long open world dailies would take with 0 artifacts, 0 augments and stat clamped gear lmao.
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Say what you will about names with letters, numbers etc, but IMO those are better than “dictionary names” people have like Desk, Chair, Wall, Shirt, etc. especially when you know that person probably paid $5B+ for that steaming pile of mediocrity. I swear half the players in this game are graduates of the Brick Tamland School for Naming Things and Read Good.
    • Like x 1
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup, I tried to make most of my toons names original sounding or like super hero themed, power related names, etc.

Oh yeah, I think those names are even less creative and are just silly names for a super hero/villain. At least xBatman43 required them to find a way to get their favorite super heroes name for their character and fits within the theme of the game.
    • Like x 2
  16. Eve YouTuber

29 characters as of now. Most are end game or close to it.

I have themed characters
    • Multi Lantern - Inspired by Lanterns, basically multiple people in one body, daughter of Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris.
    • Owlness - inspired by Batman, Daughter of Owlman (Earth 3) escaped Earth 3 and works with Batman.
    • Amore El Inspired by Superman, Kal El's sister. (Different Earth)
    • Speedline - Flash inspired - Fan of Flash himself, works in The Flash Museum.
    • Blue Arrow - Arrow\Canary Inspired. Canary's niece.
    Iconics
    • Shayera
    • Donna Troy
    • Poison Ivy (Villain)
    • Mera which was previously Aqua
    • Grail (Who will be Avail soon)
    • Harley (Villain)
    And my original characters includes my main
    • Zoe (Nature)
    • Mentallica (Mental)
    • Mystify (Quantum)
    • Metanite (Gadgets)
    • Phoenix (Fire)
    • RedMetalBat (Atomic, my Villain)
    • James (Rage, My only male character)
    • POP (Munitions)
    • Sweet Chaos (Munitions)
    • Ruby (Sorcery)
    • Phantom (Electricity)
    • Vampire Queen (Celestial),
    • Little Rebel (Munitions)
    • North (Ice)
    • Summer (Water, still leveling her).
    • Calypso (Celestial, Fairy inspired character).
    And my bank character and Basecrafter who I plan to get 8 deeds on to make as much as themed bases as possible. P:
    • Like x 5
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I’ll list my characters in detail, following my good friend Zoe’s lead.

-Psycho Tech (a serial killer android who wears human flesh clothing)

-Axel Hyde (a chemist who became a green skinned superhuman monster)

-Red Feast (a survivor of Chernobyl who is covered in full radiation burns & can utilize Nuclear abilities)

-Infernus Omegus (a poweful Archdemon of ancient origin)

-Wormteeth (the hungry zombie clown)

-Laughing Shadow (the personification of fear, the origin of the bogeyman)

-Messiahbolic (a voodoo priest)

-Peter Pumpkineater (a pumpkin headed demon children speak about in Fables)

-Anaphylectric (multiple german soldiers stitched together & enhanced w/ machinery)

-Pyramid King (a mysterious mummy of unknown age & origin who arrived in a quantum bubble)

-Haugbui (based on the Draugr’s relatives, known as Haugbui’s)

-Candlemaker (a wax voodoo doll who became a red lantern, he can shapeshift into victims & inflict pain like a voodoo doll)

-Minotavros (greek for Minotaur)

-Gierach (vampire from Prussian mythology)

-Snowblivion (a young inuit child cursed to become an Arctic Werewolf)

-Anglerfish (a fishman)

-Shtriga (based on Shtriga from Albanian Folklore)

-Saisei (Ghost Samurai)

-Superior Creature (Living Gargoyle)

-Cousin Cletus (Undead backwoods maniac who haunts Wicked Woods)

-Bleakwood (a malevolent nature spirit)

-Strawface (Demonic Scarecrow)

-Ichabod Grim (Plague Doctor)

-Genocidia (Goblin)

-Gnathic (Old God of unimaginable power, he emits a sound from his back pipes that inflict humans with madness)

-Antifortune (leprechaun)

-Crebzis (Lich)

-Bloodbath Billy (The Ghost Captain Of Bloodbath Bay)

All Villains
    • Like x 4
  18. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Great names.... and way to keep the Villain side strong!!
    • Like x 2
  19. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Wow, you must have been one of the first people to log on to this game to get some of these names, unless these names are just the simplified versions. A name like Phoenix, Phantom, Summer or any one word name is hard to find unless you replace a letter with a number or some other trick.

If these are the real names, CONGRATS!
  20. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I have 32 (I would totally have more if allowed!) Mostly heroes (I have two villains) The others are more or less evenly split between original characters and homages.
    I can't say I give them all equal love. but I do try to give them all a fair go. (even if some only get a seasonal pass.)
    My Homages are mostly based on Justice League International Members along with a few from the Satellite Era.
    • Like x 1