How is the Legion of Doom still around? (Plenty of Spoilers ahead)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChowlinShicken, Jan 26, 2019.

1. ChowlinShicken Active Player

I was playing through RwC this weekend and I couldn't help but think to myself... how has the LoD not imploded and blown itself to smithereens yet? (Again, tons of spoilers ahead)

Joker's cheated Deathstroke (but only after Riddler snitched the Joker), messed with Bane and had you cheat Mr. Freeze. Thalia's manipulated the entire Legion and turned Riddler and Joker into Man-Bats.

Faust has betrayed Black Adam. And Circe. And the mailman. And the milkman. And that little old man who lives around the corner.

Calculator's basically taken over Lexcorp while Lex's been busy... although, tbh, I think we can all agree Lex deserves it after the shenanigans he pulled on Earth 3.

I'm sure I've missed like a kagillion other backstabs, but you get the idea.

Now, I'm guessing they have some sort of John Wick/Highlander "hallowed ground " rule prohibiting fighting within the Hall of Doom, but at some point, someone's gotta say "Effit - I'm done with this" and blow the entire HoD out of the water.

Btw - random thought regarding RwC - it could be a perfect segue into a new VA for the Joker. Call it a side-effect of the Man-Bat serum caused by an interaction of the serum with the Joker toxin exposure and call it a day :)
    • Like x 1
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

where are the spoilers?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If you're a newer player then you haven't played the content yet and thus, spoilers.
  4. Brit Loyal Player

Could we get a Material that is some sort of swirl or irredescent combination of Indigo and Violet?

While trying to outfit the Burgundy Bedbug, I noticed that Enigmatic and Mystical appear to be the two closest things to pink or purple, and both of them are actually about 90% blue, with just some tiny pink/purple accents.
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

There's a bit of faulty logic here about how things work in the LoD..

+ When you're one of the top three you can do anything you want. Within reason. Remember, the Riddler was put on a hit list because he was going to snitch to Batman about a new Joker toxin. A toxin the LoD would never approve of. Since Riddler found out about it, other villains might as well. Joker's thinking may have been to keep's the other villains too busy to find out what he was doing.

+ The LoD probably wouldn't have approved of her turning the Joker. But when you consider she also did the same to Batman they probably cut her some slack. Also, as Talia said, the three key players of Gotham are under her control. She expected Batwoman, NIghtwing, Robin, etc. to pick up the slack. And have them prove that Batman would no longer be needed in Gotham. So, of course, Batman would be free to leave Gotham and be with her. Something the LoD would very much approve of in the long run.

Betrayal is all part of the game. In the end Circe is still part of the inner circle. If Faust did anything to usurp Circe as one of the big three the LoD would welcome him with open arms. The strong survive, the weak are fed to Chemo.

Luther has switched teams. Which leaves a power vacuum at the top. Calculator is privately manipulating Lexcorp to keep the money, influence and status quo intact.

My theory: We'll get a DLC based on a Luthor/Calculator War. Where the villains will have to take sides. The heroes will have to take sides. And the Joker and Circe will just sit back with a big tub of popcorn.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've always thought they took a cue from how the Society was portrayed in the Identity Crisis comic series. They don't all like each other, but recognize there's some benefit to working together on occasion and not taking out someone for looking at them crosseyed.

I think it was even that series that helped put Calculator in place as the villain's answer to Oracle.
  7. Ryuvain Active Player

If all villains fought each other, who will fight the heroes? Villains alone would get stomped because all the heroes work together.

That was my reasoning anyway. That's probably the only reason heroes haven't stormed the nightclubs and hall of doom yet too.