How is Staff for Damage role?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain Domino, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Captain Domino Committed Player

I recently got a staff from one of the new alerts and was wondering how it compares to 1H + WM (I'm currently using 1H and DW/HB WM). I'm electric and stay at range mostly but, I also melee when I have the opportunity too. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated :)
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Range wise its does well for quick burst damage. Still not comparable to HB or 1H damage.
  3. Captain Domino Committed Player

Damn, that's unfortunate. Guess I'll just hold off until I get something else that's more worthwhile lol. Thanks for the reply.
  4. russ4ua15 New Player

Staff is my preffered weapon. The damage from 1h to solar flame is barely higher than one of the three mortars from staff. DPS potential is equal to HB to exp shot. If your power is very vanilla, use a longer WM. If you tend to use more of your load out bar than others, choose one of the shorter. Also, don't choose the staff if you run a super charge in your load out. The damage is severely gimped without a full SC.
  5. Scott Zyur New Player

Has that been tested? I use strafing run in my loadout but never noticed if it affected my damage or not.

How does staff > 1H mastery compare to 1H > DW mastery?
    • Like x 1
  6. Ultraman New Player

Really??
  7. Captain Domino Committed Player

Yeah, I run circuit breaker SC. I'll test it out and see how I like it then, might as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Staff is what the cool kids like me use.
    • Like x 2
  9. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Full SC increases your chance to crit
    • Like x 1
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Really ? Please explain.
  11. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Just what I heard might be a placebo effect into
  12. russ4ua15 New Player

Certain attacks deal more damage with a full super. This isn't something new. It's not crit chance, it is an increase to base damage.
  13. russ4ua15 New Player

14. Ultraman New Player

I use mortar mastery (hold range hold range).

So according to the link, there's no difference between no supercharge or full supercharge on either the regular mortar shot (on the rifle) and the weapon mastery staff version.
  15. russ4ua15 New Player

"Mortar
    [Vulnerable to interrupt]
    Blasts a mortar at the enemy from long range; heavily damages and knocks down enemies when Supercharge is at maximum."

Dunno why I bother. People been playing this game for years and don't know jack.
  16. Echephyle New Player

Staff imo is better than 1h when ranging. Melee, not so much.

Focus spin to mortar can do huge damage, but is very fast, so you'll be using power very often, more than hb and bow. It's one of my alternate weapons.
  17. xskateXX Well-Known Player

depends on the power
    if u need fast rotation like lets say sorcery its very good
    i saw nature uses it too
  18. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I was just thinking the same thing...