How is Rage more OP than Celestial, HL, Gadgets, Mental and etc?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Van Tooren, Feb 18, 2014.

1. 1st God New Player

Again It does NOT. I am certain that you get this information from players who are not rage. Your health is buffed in tank stance. In dps stance your health can not be buffed, so even in rage mode if you get hit harder than the health you have, you die. Tanks have safe guards for rage crash, dps has none, miss your combo you die. Every power set has a debuff for rage, so you can listen to all the fairy tales you want but I am telling you its false.
  2. 1st God New Player

I've seen that with Cel, HL, and Gad also. The adds are squishy but hit hard. One shotted, I've never seen that with any boss in A&B with full 90 gear.
  3. Zerefu New Player

Rage has like 4 pivotal powers that make it OP, like Plasma Retch, Outrage, Dreadful Blast and one other that I forgot. It's faster than Celestial if you spam DB and generally if you nerf one power, it's still OP. When they nerfed Outrage, it was no problem because that's 1/4. Celestial has Retribution which got nerfed and is slower. Actually Celestial is a slower DPS comparably.

The OP DPS powers are complaining because Rage is a step above the guys who were a step above. I used to think Rage was balanced, then I got a speed feat in a t3 ALERT walk in with a fresh 30, maybe 28 CR Rage DPS. He was a good player but not experienced with Rage at that time, yet he had the ability to put out enough burn well above his tier
  4. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

ok :)

ok?
  5. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

not hard to do, Ive done that and gotten the terror feat as a troll. and yea celestial is slower but it hits/ticks are big from what I hear/see.
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

you should seen my rage toon pre-30. It was probably the easiest leveling process ever(in terms of burning things).
  7. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

eh ram > whip whip = easy burn OR ram > whip/ snap > fan/ grenade for bosses in alerts
  8. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

to this rage is far from above anything it may be good but its far from above celestial and HL, every rage player Ive dueled and came across in alerts and raids Ive always ended up 250k & ^ ahead in dmg and with only 5-10k more power in then them, which is from my own colas (next colas)

but this thread is going to go on for ever and ever as ppl will claim the power they play is the better power, instead of being realistic and basing it off what has happen in duels, alerts and raids.

Or simple facts, a HL prec based DPS will always beat a might based power, and a melee based dps, why? b/c melee u have to get to close and take that risk of getting 1 hit, swarmed by mobs, or sneak attacked from behind. as to where some one as myself who uses rifle stays ranged I can move camera around and keep my eyes open while still doing dmg
  9. Black ZeroPrime New Player

why isn't this thread dead yet? lol
  10. DCfanyboy New Player

Becuase everyone is looking for a hand-out.... no you cant be the best in everything you do face it.... there are players that are better than you, and no we are not going to reward you for just playing the game ...your reward is that you all have access to purchase$ play and use the same facilities in game as everyone else, be it gear,raiding, alerts etc....

My 6 year old girl cry's less than you all. no matter what they will always be people that are better than you...in everything you get into...
    There will always be someone better. sry thats life. now go ahead and cry. you guys are probably spoiled kids or reitired old men most of which are not the forerunners that you want to be or most likely the one's to take this into the right direction.

Game's already dumbed down, want it broken????
    Do... you... want... it.... broken?
  11. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

it already is as its easy AF to get to t5.9 and getting all feats from all characters on all characters now
  12. Black ZeroPrime New Player

lol you're acting like new ppl can purchase feats but you have to remember it's the vets and ppl who grinded feats who just might be purchasing feats. ppl like you need to quit the tears the purchasing of feats for alts was an awesome change. and as for your comment on getting gear easily who cares I bet you didn't take your time getting your rage gear.
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

I figuered out why Rage is wacky. It is because it is BY FAR the easiest power in the game to put up top tier damage with. Its pathetically easy. Even Celestial had a learning curve in the beginning. Rage is so painfully easy to DPS with.
    • Like x 1
  14. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

simplistic dmg like it takes more effort to do dmg with most powers other than rage or celestial ... but i think that if the devs would devote a system for balancing such as peak dmg vs mean dmg to draw better looks into wat powers need to be balanced i swear i went this entire year without being out dpsed by a single earth user and only once by a fire user when if all powersets were balanced then maybe I'd see them more often
  15. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

actually i did, I was CR99, then 101 after 101 i went for 90
  16. BrownMamba New Player

I agree that Rage DPSing is very simplistic. i just wish that they would balance more offense abilities for not just Rage but all power types where one or multiple powers isn't considered a must have in you're loadout. I'm sure every Rage DPS has Plasma Retch, Dreadful Blast and either Berserk or Infuriate everything else is personal preference but if you don't have those 3 powers you're DPS numbers will be lackluster.
  17. Black ZeroPrime New Player

lol taking your time doesnt mean going up one cr at a time but good job
  18. 1ShotArmy New Player

Lol Not literally but the bosses lasted no more than 30 seconds against 3 rage DPSes, it was the fastest play through i've ever been in at A&B.
  19. warpax New Player

takes little skill to do insane dmg with rage...everyone knows that..if you have a rage dps in group you know everything will melt before you can pull off 1 weapon combo.
    .it's good in any area of the game. you can op melee, you can op range, you can op pve you can op pvp, you can op tank you can op dps...and that is what makes it op, and unfair to other powers wich usaly stick out just in 1 or 2 ares of the game, while Rage does it all 6.
  20. ThePhantomTerror New Player

Amen.