How is it determined which NPCs show up in the House of Legends?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Neb153, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Neb153 Level 30

Specifically hoping for a dev response. I've been in there since the new episode launched and today I'm seeing Lady al Ghul and Green Lantern Martian Manhunter hanging around for the first time. Previously I've also seen the original Captain Atom model using a terminal which was pretty cool, and a black/blue variant of Lex I've never seen before since I stopped playing for many years.

Just wondering if there's a set group of NPCs that got chosen to roam or stand around in different locations at certain times, or if they're picked out of a hat. A full list of NPCs would also be cool if a dev happens to have one laying around but I don't have my hopes up for that lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I know there is a good handful, since launch I have seen a good number of different NPC's just hanging out. Heck, last night I almost flew into Hank Henshaw just wandering around.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  4. Neb153 Level 30

Their commitment to adding more to this place over time including full VO sessions is great to hear, I didn't expect that much dedication to it but I guess it makes sense with the HoL being the new permanent base
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

All I have to say is I missed the old Superman model (even tho I have the legends Superman) but I am happy to see him flying around the hall of legends again
    • Like x 1
  6. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

I ran into Lobo and the entire Justice Society. Lobo was hanging around in the foyer. If I recall correctly, The Justice Society was in the training area. They were hanging out as a group. I thought that was pretty cool.
    • Like x 2
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I got a kick seeing them NPCs in the HoL.

Heck there was a glitch at some point where you would have half a dozen classic Superman.... Luthor and Captain Atom.

It was kind of cool to see all them Characters all at once.

I get that it was a glitch... but wish they did something similar. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

There is a long list of various conversations with npcs you see there now and more we want to add. Some other flavor stuff we added like Glomulus spawning and eating stuff and then vanishing, random rare Batman sightings (classic, rebirth, dark knight, etc.), other odd various guys flying in and out (CW super girl, yellow lantern Deathstroke, Star Sapphire Catwoman, Blue Lantern Black Lightning) and more we want to add like Black Alice stomping through the hall, Teekl showing up and cleaning himself on top of the R&D station and other flat services, Lobo in a few more spaces smack talking people like Deathstroke and Ambush Bug, Krytpo and Streaky chasing each other around the halls, etc. Lots planned, just time consuming and lowest on the totem pole in implementation while we tackle other issues.

We'll also be prop setting out the Foyer areas for each Seasonal so you can find the mission givers and the vendors there - starting with Halloween soon.
    • Like x 18
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I would love to see the new Hall of Legends used in a raid.

It would also be cool if we could have it as a skin option for our League Halls.
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

*whistles innocently*
    • Like x 14
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. BumblingB I got better.

So... Blue Lantern Flash and Power Girl in there... Blue Lantern powerset confirmed?
    • Like x 1
  13. Neb153 Level 30

Thanks for responding! Very cool to hear the thought process behind it, especially that previously unused NPCs like Black Alice can show up. Praying for Firestorm then, since he has a forum avatar I have to assume there was a full model of him made at some point too
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Can you tell us anything about Batman Day and the upcoming Wayne Manor LAir?
    • Like x 1
  15. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Why does that whistle make me think I just checked into the Bates Motel??!!! *shudder* :p
  16. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Wait..whaaaaa? Lol
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Trex showed the new Manor Lair in his video. ;)
  18. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Dang. Thank you. :)
  19. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

This opens up so many possibilities as far as lairs go. I'm excited to see where we go from here.
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

Sure! They're upcoming. ;)
    • Like x 4