how important are skill points

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by seals_on_saturn, Jun 17, 2017.

1. seals_on_saturn New Player

i'm coming back after a long break and am resuming my character at cr 107. i have 120 sp but dont have the time to invest in some of the feats. How important really are skill points. Will i still be viable as my cr climbs
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Theres no one real answer to this. Yes, you can still complete raids. But do you care or have any pride in your character?

A few stat increases here or there may not make a difference, but what if all those tiny stat increases addec up?

With gear mods nitro sodas, and yes....the extra hundreds and hundreds of stats you get from sp... You'll do more than if you didnt have those.
  3. seals_on_saturn New Player

thanks for the reply I definitely intend on getting more sp but getting to that mid 200 mark any time soon
    • Like x 1
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Thats actually really good. You have more SP than some people at our tier. Just keep the SP up as you climb in CR.
  5. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

If your DPS make sure u have all the crit% / crit damage abilities, that is a huge difference. Everything beyond that just helps improve defense/health/damage.

Support roles need alot more because they need other stats.
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Not that important. Sp are the least important when it comes to your character performance
  7. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Test it for yourself, Punch a target dummy, weapon attack a target dummy, use a power skill to attack a target dummy and note the damage amount for each.
    Reset your Skill Points, and do not put any points into your skill tree that grant your primary stat (might/precision).
    Repeat the same attacks, was there a difference?
    Maximize the use of skill points to increase your primary stat.
    Repeat the same attacks, was there a difference?
    • Like x 3
  8. IamINC Dedicated Player

I agree , you'll meet a load of very high SP people OP that really can't play the game , they are normally DPS.

Understanding mechanics and how to use your power to it's highest level will get you through everything , but there is no doubt that SP is important to boost your stats , this is going to be even more so with revamp coming.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

For newer players. If you keep you SP close to your CR. You'll be fine. Some say they don't matter. For pve, I disagree unless your a dps. Off roles benefit greatly from SP. It's starts to unlock options for your play style. I myself like to play hybrid off roles. This is much easier with more skill points.

Until the revamp. I would just focus on your learning your power. Having a good understanding of how your power works does help.

Just don't over due it on feat grinding. Join or find a league that is helpful. It's much easier grinding feats with people and having fun than by yourself. It should be fun, not feel like work.
  10. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Every little bit helps.
  11. Max Dragonard Well-Known Player

However, if you have two people with the same power, the same load-out, same gear with the same mods and similar knowledge and ability but one has 90sp and the other has 200sp, guess who's going to do better?

A DPS that's maxed all the skill trees to hit that bottom row prec/might has a significant advantage over one that hasn't. Same goes for roles maxing to hit their particular stats.

Yes, knowing your power and how to use it is very important and all the SP in the world won't help you if you don't but stats (SP) really does already matter. Particularly in the top CR range.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Eh, not really. Those stats don't do much for sorcery or earth's pets, mental's ridiculously hard hitting WM and AM thing, etc.

Knowing your power and how to use it will always trump stats. Knowledge and experience before gear and stats. Thus was the case pre WM and AM, and will be the case post revamp.