How i'd better balance pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Se7enDaOutsida, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Se7enDaOutsida New Player

Getting to the point...

As pvp goes, the way the system is created to advance the damage and effects of powers can't be balanced in a way that satisfies everyone as long as you have ways to advance and further these abilities. Almost anything can become overpowered or by opinion overpowered. A pvp system overhaul could bring some backlash, and can take forever so my idea is choice second is a different funding to pvp (I've already posted an idea but I have one more that really may require some polling)

1st arena and open world pvp need to be treated differently. The most balanced pvp in the game arguably is legends. So I'm suggesting a choice of arena and open world PvP where you can choose between stat pvp or flat (vanilla) pvp. Simular to legends using premade characters make the difference being skill work and powers (in my other forum post I listed how using the ultility belt you should add temp powers of abilities from other sets, that way there's no more than 3 and you give people the diversity they looking for in PvP ) having builds not augmented by damage resilience healing effectiveness etc but how people use the skillset would place everyone in closer proximity and lead to less argument over "op" abilities from stats. This same idea can be carried to a choice in open world PvP of stats or no stats. Duels can stay the same because the choice of open world stat or vanilla gives choice to that as well. I wouldn't remove stat pvp because many love the custom strength from builds and powers for PvP but make it a choice.

Healer abilities for this vanilla kind of PvP can be reduced more akin to the heal Donna Troy use to have in legends and limit it to 2 available for healers 1 aoe 1 singular self heal and add to the timers of these abilities, too many resistance or heal abilities would lead people to seek these characters out more for increased survivability. This needs to be limited to bring everyone in line

Shields akin to the lanterns or Catwoman's distract

Stuns and holds akin to Batman's etc.

For the belt I would add for let's say a controller to gain a power or 2 of a fire tank or healer gain control powers etc but if so, 1 shield per character available at a time, 1 heal available at a time other then a soder per say I believe would be best

And as before limit the pets so people aren't simply adding 3 slots of pets

2nd I'd like to advocate specifically for 30 sec advertising on the splash/load screen for PvP related content as a means of gaining revenue for added PvP content and bug fixes, knowing this is an overhaul in itself I believe this is more of a necessary evil to speed change to people's liking but I'd take a poll on this 2nd idea

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks for your time