how i think the new tank should work

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xskateXX, Aug 16, 2014.

1. xskateXX Well-Known Player

that just an idea i dont really think that how it will look like
    thats the loadout i had in mind
    1- normal pull
    2- venom power 1 (didnt think about a name)
    bassicly ur prevent 100% of the damage and 100% control resistance
    but every second passed ur losing 1% from both
    its stays for 1 minute then ull need to refile it
    3- venom power 2 which will overwrite the venom power 1
    it will prevent 50% of the damage and 10% control resistance and wil stay for 50 seconds
    4- aoe pull (doesnt have to be from the power itself it can be from the movment mode u using)
    5-sc- extreme venom
    will refill ur damage and prevent 100% damage and 100% control resistance for 50 seconds
    6- breakout which will give u health
  2. Remorrhaid Active Player

Those effects and durations are ridiculous, man.

The health decay is pretty neat, though. Maybe withdrawal from the serums' effects?
  3. Kephrys New Player

A rage-like general idea of huge boost then severe feedback is great.
    I see this power as a great crowd handler too.
  4. JangaMan Active Player

Consumed PI makes the enemies craving/addicted wich makes them crazy and reduces their damage in tank role
    in DPS role they become weaker/addicted and take additional damage per hit for 4 seconds, the effect can keep a loop when venom powers are used constantly

Venom would work like a painkiller/pain negation
    1 Slingshot:
    Throw a lash of venom at your foe that sticks and pulls them in???
    Enemies gain Addicted PI

2 Venom Burst:
    Lasts for 8 seconds CD is 16 seconds
    Grants 10% CC resistance doesn't stack
    1st second 100% damage negation
    2nd and 3rd seconds 80% damage negation
    Remaining seconds 50% damage negation

3 Venom Rush:
    Lasts for 12 seconds CD is 12 seconds
    Grants 10% CC resistance doesn't stack
    Grants 50% damage negation
    When used while a other damage negation effect is still active the following effects kick in
    This power has a 2.5 second cooldown and grants a shielding effect that negates some damage
    (This power works great to negate more damage in return for a certain power cost)

4 Venom Release:
    Instant effect CD is 12 seconds
    Blast out Venom Gas to stun surrounding enemies and release you from CC
    Grants CC immunity for 3 seconds
    Grants CC immunity to all party members for 3 seconds
    Removes damage negation effects but
    Grants a heal, the heal is more powerfull when it removes a damage negation effect.
    Enemies gain Addicted PI

5 Adrenaline Shot:
    Lasts for 12 seconds CD is 20 seconds
    Tank role
    Grants CC immunity for 3 seconds
    Grants CC immunity to 3 party members for 3 seconds
    Grants heals per hit you take, based on dom and resto
    DPS role
    Grants an Adrenaline Rush wich increases your Might and Precision
    Grants Might and Precision boost to whole Party

6 Neo-Venom 25% SC:
    Lasts 12 seconds CD 42 seconds (can't use for 30 seconds after the effect wears off)
    Grants CC immunity for 6 seconds (you are not CC'd when countered but still take extra damage when countered)
    Grants 90% damage negation (in PVP grants 50% damage negation)

7 Super Power 1,7% SC:
    Depletes every second until 30 seconds/51% SC has been reached, CD is 90 seconds (can be stopped in advance)
    When turned off before half of the powers duration the CD will be 42 seconds
    Cancels all other damage negation powers until the power is turned off
    Grants CC immunity for 12 seconds
    Grants Might and Precision Boost
    Grants 25% Extra healing received

I put some of my own ideas in and polished up some of yours and added names.

To me Venom looks like a great power but it likely will never happen because it is too drugs related. (even if the powers do not state they grant addiction PI :p
  5. xskateXX Well-Known Player

that sound cool aswell
    yea my freind thought about like bouncing the adds all the time with your strength after injecting venom to urself so they wont hit u
    • Like x 1
  6. JangaMan Active Player

Yes a little like reflecting hits back but instead of doing damage do knockback?
  7. xskateXX Well-Known Player

yea maybe like injecting the venom
    then use a skill that with the pi of venom will keep bouncing the mobs and the cd on him are very low
    and mobs wont get much immunity
    if it will be like that against bosses it gonna be crap but yea they will think on something cool for sure
  8. Revoemag Committed Player

I don't want this new tank power copying any previous tank powers ...
    so no single target pull, no pbaoe pull, no range pull, no shield, no self healing or damage mitigation...
  9. xskateXX Well-Known Player

then what are u expecting a tank should do
    not pull at all and dont have anything that will make him survive?
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

100 seconds max of 100% damage absorption. Yea, I see that going over really well with the whole balance thing.

That being said the health decaying thing is actually a pretty neat aspect.
  11. xskateXX Well-Known Player

did u even read what i said?
    i said that ur starting at 100%
    but every second pass it get reduce by 1%
  12. JangaMan Active Player

What are you serious so a tank that doen't tank at all.
    My idea didn't copy anything.
    My idea was damage negation no other powerset has that.
    No pulls is BS NO shields is BS NO healing can be OK No damage mitigation is BS so even if the tank has defense the damage mitigation is taken away???
    If the tank doesn't have shields, damage negation or a self healing they are not going to tank there aren't any other ways of surviving.
    Except if the tank has a minimum of 6 seconds until he has to cast a new power to keep is external damage from receiving i don't see a other way of tanking.

The tank needs to keep a rotation of powers to keep is drug active to not feel pain and the power bar is the amount of drug you have on you and when it depletes you will go crazy and go into a psychotic state, that will make you extremely vurnerably to damage.

And it doesn't matter anyway because the new tanking power is already announced, it will be experimental serum(Bane Inspired).
    So in a sense it will be like venom without the addictive effect it has.
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You said "you lose 1% from both" which can imply health and your natural level of control resistance or that the buff wears off. Sorry for the misinterpretation but phrase your ideas more clearly.

Regardless even with the new information I have it'll still be a massively over powered buff. Even a minute in you still have 40% damage absorption. I can't even begin to imagine what that would do to PvP.
  14. Revoemag Committed Player

This was simple sarcasm to all those that say fire tanking having a shield and a range pull is copying the other tank powers.
    Of course this was sarcasm..these are all the tools needed as a tank....a good tank.
    • Like x 1