How good is water?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Boklarok, May 26, 2020.

1. Boklarok New Player

Hello, I just came back after not playing for a long time and im thinking of starting a new character. Im thinking water but im wondering if it is any good/ is it fun to play. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Water is very fun! I love it! The dps side is good but the healing side is where the fun is. It has everything a healer could want: burst heals, heals over time, mitigation and best of all, the ability to reset your cool downs and double your output. What more could a healer ask for?
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Is this for healing or dpsing? I can’t really say if it’s fun since what’s funny for me might not be fun for you. I do enjoy water personally.

Here my water dps video if you want to check out some dpsing.

4. Boklarok New Player

ok i will take a look at these, ty
  5. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

water gets better and better...Atlantean strike … themed back ups...specific styles from leveling on up that deal with water...its summer buy your water skin...to say you can make a great LOOKING and THEMED water guy is barely saying enough..seahorse an awesome pet...I like my water guy...dps is underated...I think dps water does fine...might surprise some with how well your numbers get
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Water is a great power, arguably in part because of the riptide mechanic it is the most vast power of all powers in the game in potential load outs, for both DPS and Heal. There is no single correct load out with water, there are many possibilities for both DPS and Heal and I am continuing to discover more about them with time. For heal side you will want riptide and the 4 man/8 man shield and instant heal. Beyond that is down to the player and their play style/artifacts.

Similarly water has a lot of potential with different artefact combinations, for DPS but especially for heal side. I encourage any water players here to really explore Water well, definitely not a boring power. There is a reason why my main toon for endgame content nowadays is my water toon. Huge potential and every water player I know has a somewhat different yet effective approach to this power.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've got a water DPS/healer, and both sides are fun to play. Water dps playstyle is dependant upon artifacts, and can be very good. Don't expect to always be top DPS if you chase the scoreboard, but it does perform very well.

For healing, it's, as said, versatile. You can use quite a few different loadouts and still keep the team going. Plus, in my opinion, the best healer super charge available.
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Water is amazing I only switched from it because I wanted something different. But you can't go wrong with it imo in the right hands the healing side is a force to be reckoned with.

Also in the right hands the DPS side is also powerful so all and all it's a great power
  9. Batuba Developer

It's "swell"..... get it?!
    *runs off*
    • Like x 3
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You forgot to wave before you ran off.

Oh well, back to some web surfing.

:D
    • Like x 2