How does Electric stack up?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain Domino, May 14, 2014.

1. Captain Domino Committed Player

Against the other DPS powers post GU36? Currently rage but wanting to switch and try something else. I'm not aiming to be top DPS or anything but I obviously want to contribute a good amount of damage.
  2. RiskVsReward New Player

I'm more curious how electric would stack up after it's revamp... Based on the changes listed, can any expert electric player chime in on their opinion of the proposed changes?
  3. ASH New Player

after i played some other powersets to get troller and tank styles i came back to electric and i have to say, that i have much more fun playing this powerset than any other. well yes, sometimes your scorecard numbers are a bit disapointing but i have to say that electric does fine with weapon mastery in the t6 alert. stacking dots at the boss fights works pretty good and even when i am stunned or knocked down, my dots still running.

with the upcomming changes to electric it will be even better esp. in a raid situation. they will buff the damage of some powers, shorten some cooldowns, lowered the supercharge down to 50 and 35%, give us a new power mechanic with voltaic bolt, give us a percentual might buff with wired AND lowered the powercosts on important powers.

i am really looking forward to testing it on the test-server soon.
  4. Owl Devoted Player

5. Captain Domino Committed Player

Wow, the new update looks great! My only concern is that most of my gear is leaned towards precision. Right now I'm like around 1980ish precision and 3500ish might. I'm assuming it'll be more beneficial to mod might? Even with WM?
  6. Petralka Well-Known Player

Wait until GU38 comes out and than we'll tell you ;)
  7. Captain Domino Committed Player

I can't help myself, I'm going to switch after work today and get more acquainted before the update hits. Need some practice anyways :)
  8. Couzintony New Player

We shall be op af once again!!!!! At least untill we get smacked with with nerf bat agaian...
    • Like x 2
  9. EP Ice Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  10. Owl Devoted Player

Flux is changing in Update 37:
    • Like x 1
  11. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Uhmm well i can't chime in on the dps side but on the healer side nothing but good changes. Group shield, bigger instant heals.

The only question i have now is are they going to get rid of the supercharge shield? Whats the point in a supercharge shield if we have a instant group shield? :confused: I know it goes to 8 people but still, it is pretty much useless.
    • Like x 1
  12. Captain Overdrive Active Player

before I quit I used electrocute electrogenesis vb tesla blast overcharge and either esb or wired to maintain high power vs groups and bosses even with other electrics present, but MAN was it power hungry. Will probably change electrocute for ionic and esb for arc lightning, and if overcharge sucks without the pi I will use shockwave and enjoy the extra power points to dual spec for healing. of course I haven't played in a very long time and now the pay wall to access the gear ladder is quite tall. Not sure if this game is worth the money but after the update hits i'll check it out and see if the power hungriness of electric is now justified.

however overcharge alone was really good so it might be worth taking a look at the amperage tree to see what i'm missing.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Looks so good that I'll probably go back to Electricity on Remander. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Captain Domino Committed Player

Okay, so I haven't gotten a chance to switch yet but, can anyone post a good loadout for 1H with DW WM combo? I'm thinking I would do the combo in between each of the harder hitting powers.
  15. DREWPY New Player

I recently switched from celestial to electric. It is one of the best looking power sets in the game imo, and pretty fun to play. Damage wise, I have to say dps is power hungry but with WM and a good troll, I have no problem keeping up in the scoreboards. Healing is a whole other story.... The heals are just straight beast! I healed the T6 alert last night with 3 buddies( 2 tanks/1 dps), over 3 mil out on the heals with no troll, and only 2 deaths for the entire team. With the upcoming changes, electric is going to be getting even better.....Just get it on test already!