How does a 12 man raid sound ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by majosea, Apr 17, 2018.

1. majosea Dedicated Player

good or bad
    just wondering , I saw a ton of players for starro and had the idea what if we scale up the raid to house 12 players instead of 8
    and had the idea maybe it give players more of chance to que into a raid
    maybe it might bring more of a challenge
    more mechanics
    what is your thoughts this idea
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Sounds like a balancing nightmare.
    • Like x 6
  3. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Good idea in theory but probably a nightmare trying to get a group together a few weeks in.
  4. Blight KOBRA Commander

Bad. Very, very bad.
    • Like x 2
  5. David Ivanenko Committed Player

You mean 9 DPSs, 1 troll, 1 heal, 1 tank raids, right? Because that's what they would end up being.
    • Like x 4
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sounds like 30 extra minutes in LFG
    • Like x 7
  7. TestReporter Loyal Player

EU Players when the queue pop:
    [IMG]

EU Players when they are able to get in the raid:
    [IMG]

This could have been a really good thing few years ago, now, we better focus resources on other things :D . (Maybe making the episodes more than 2 new pieces of content, bringing back sm or "balancing" elite raids (cough cough))
    • Like x 4
  8. C3alix Committed Player

Sounds like T4 Operations before they put the last bosses in the buildings.

And if you weren't around during that time, booooooy do we have a story to tell you!
    • Like x 3
  9. pultinski Well-Known Player

could the game engine handle it ? . ( serious question )
  10. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

A 12 man raid where the players are split into two equal teams and fight thru different content only to face each other as the final boss
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Like a lag fest
    • Like x 4
  12. myandria Item Storage

Heh..

It sounds like my first few years with Everquest; Lag to get there (even with teleports), form group, tanks mapserved, wait.. form group again, buffs/shields applied, laaaaag.... begin raid, laaaag... paladins/tanks mapserved.... wipe... boss reset....reform group.... laaaagg....wash, rinse repeat for an hour (or more) until boss is defeated and you get CRAP LOOT!

In my opinion, server stability is a challenge for Daybreak; a 12 man group is not possible at this time.
    • Like x 1
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

And 8 of those DPS’s will cause continuous wipes by chasing the scorecard instead of working with the mechanics, and nobody will ever be able to get past the first challenge.
    • Like x 3
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I get anxiety attacks trying to put an 8 man group together. 12? And I feel players would somehow justify trying to run it 9+1+1+1
    • Like x 1
  15. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i think it would be awesome since i can't get any elite raids done with 7 bodies.
  16. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i think the game engine can handle it now that ps3 is dead, most people in the forums have no clue what a game engine is, they proved that to me when i posted a thread about buffing legends and i tried to explain it's a matter of programming but they couldn't comprehend, i can't believe these same people know how to turn on a gaming console.
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Well, if you’d quit teamkilling as soon as the instance loads, Caboose...
    • Like x 1
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

LMAO
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. |The 3rror Committed Player

12 man raid? alot of things wrong with that
    -Too many mics cause confusion
    -Lag
    -already hard enough getting a 8man group as it is now
    -Feats always that 1 person in yo group messing it up/dont care
    -everyone mainly dps (scoreboard chase) barely support roles i doubt people wanna do mechanics all they wanna do is dmg dmg dmg
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Fixed that for you.