How do you solve a problem like a non-skilled high-CR player?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by sirzap, Apr 11, 2018.

1. sirzap Well-Known Player

Since there are many complaints that people are leveling-up not well versed with their powers, roles, and some of them even expect to be carried by their group mates. How do you make them comply with the required skill acceptable to other dedicated players?

1. If we say SKILL points. there has been many arguments, may threads, many posts about this requirement. surely if we require a pick-up group to meet a certain skill point some would say YOU'RE an ELITIST. this would be akin to racism and discrimination. some would say its not a guarantee, that even you meet a certain skill point level then, you are skilled.

2. If not above, then it be the gears. I once stumbled into a post about a player complaining about another player that their healer is half-geared to be a healer while the the rest of the gear is DPS. as to why it is the healer was allowed ot be in the team to begin with? I don't know. who's job it is to assess or accept or allow that healer to be in the group mission in the first place?

3. Assuming the skill points have been met and the player has the right gear and can't still perform.... then who's to blame? can we blame the game DCUO? can we blame the developer which is now Day Break?

4. then what if you can not find a player to fill a role as we expect based on the skill pts, gears and performance... should we still blame the the game? developer? the players?

so in the end.... how do we solve a problem like this?

I got some expected answers and see if it pops-out.......
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Simple, you create a thread in the fun house and hope and pray it works?
    • Like x 4
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Teach them. If they give you attitude or otherwise don’t want to learn, then simply leave. Maybe even put them on your ignore list
    • Like x 1
  4. Saami Loyal Player

You cant solve it anymore. DCUO is fastfood of MMOs. It is easy to to grab for some some 15min fun. Reminds me bit of call of duty or other lobby games.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

dude, just go play Warcraft. Million times better.
    • Like x 1
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I’m go8ng to take a wild guess and assume you meant World of Warcraft, because Warcraft was the strategy series that WoW was based on ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Yeah I was referring to WoW. My bad
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

I know some players with around 150 sp that are doing great.

Also.. let's cal lthe stat points. That what they were changed to. They don't really have much to do with skill. Not anymore.

Idc about the gear/mods/sp as long as we get kinda smooth through the instance. In duos I really don't care, I can solo them all.
    But when i'm doing raids and it's realy not working and let's say the tank is dying all the time and squishy af, then I start to inspect him. When he doesn't have full tank gear and tanking endgame content, then I'll start a conversatin and ask why he doesn't have full tank gear...

Also ppl with high cr/sp don't have to be good. I know quite a few that still fail at the easiest raids. ;)

When I see that they're willing to learn (let's say they have no mods and lower sp) then I'm willing to help them and give them adivce. Those ppl that start to be insulting without any reason.. well.. screw them.

It's not really the devs fault. I know that there should some kinds of tutorials for support roles and stuff like that. But mechanics aren't really hard to figure out. It's more like many ppl just want to play the game more like a singleplayer game. Just log in, play for themselve and demand that they beat all group content, but never playing with others together. Even in the group.
    Biggest problem is the mentality of some players.
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

change the tutorial...so they can find their way off the ship...(chortle)...cause that was...(chuckles hysterically) ...so hard to do...(bursts out laughing)...
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Might want to start with defining what "the required skill acceptable to other dedicated players" is, and making sure that's it's a more-or-less universally accepted standard by all players. Otherwise we're talking about something that can be highly subjective that will vary from player to player.

Otherwise? Speaking generally, treat them how you would want to be treated. Try talking with them, not at them or down to them. Try your best to be as non-confrontational as possible when talking with someone or asking questions, otherwise any perceived or actual hostility will probably end up being thrown right back in your face.
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Open Chest -> Open Inventory -> Install Trinket -> Activate Trinket

"This is Calculator, your Uber Driver. Where are you and where do you want to go?"
    • Like x 2
  12. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

This is easy..
    First you ask everyone over to instant chat..
    second: Then yell and scream and player for not knowing something, because you know everything about the game.
    third: To the ppl who are in support roles.. Make sure you tell them what your loadout is, and how it's the best. If they have something different.. See Step 2.
    4th: Kick the player, you just yelled at. Then proceed to send tells/scream into chat on how that player needs to go.
    5th: spend rest of instance; complaining about the player you just kicked.
    6th: Repeat step 3, through out the raid/alert.
    7th: If you go down for any reason; the blame goes Healer, Tank, Other DPS for not picking you up; Devs, Grandmother's pankcakes; kids; dogs/pets; Lag; Etc.. But never yourself.
    8th: Gloat on the scorecard, even though you came in 3rd.
    8th: Yes, there are two 8th.. Want fight?
    9th: Ask through-put the raid to hold up, so you can change your loadout.
    10.5: Leave and tell everyone else they should thank you.
    11: Make sure your music is loud, and can be only thing we hear in mic.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Add a tutorial for new rank 30 characterss.... that says... google it. It's a mmo, it's not God of War.
    DCUO youtube page, the old user created guides... where are they? they used to be a playlist, right?
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

If someone ever did this to me...
    • Like x 1
  15. sirzap Well-Known Player

BFA is coming and so does their vanilla servers. DCUO might end up as a ghost town by that time.

and that is the problem, that subjectivity. how do I know what is acceptable to all?
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I remember when Legion came out and DCUO was most def not a ghost town. People who play WoW only play WoW since it is such an immersive and vast game.
  17. sirzap Well-Known Player

gotcha.

I guess I WAS NOT PREPARED.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tilz Loyal Player

poor pancakes :(
    • Like x 2
  19. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I would only blame pancakes if the pancakes were not in my belly :D
    • Like x 1
  20. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I had to go back and reread it, cause I forgot about the pancakes comment.