How do you remove Exobyte mods from your gear?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by cravex15, Aug 9, 2013.

1. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Ok so Ive heard all the talk and news for about it for awhile now but am still a bit unclear on how to actually do it. So can someone explain to me the step-by-step process on how we can remove the exobyte mod that we placed into our gear and take it out of the gear and use it again for another piece of gear.....?
    This can be done right? Or am I mistaken?
  2. MetalMario Loyal Player

Not sure if you're serious, but it's pretty straightforward except for the fact that you can't be wearing the mod you want to remove. Get the kit you want, take off the gear, interact with a crafting station. It has its own tab. Make sure you don't accidentally use an alpha kit with a type IV mod or something like that because they only give one byte.
    • Like x 1
  3. darkmoon caverns New Player

I learned that the hard way. How much does a IV kit give you?
  4. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Yes I am serious cuz Ive never tried to do it before. The kit can be bought at the R&D station? Can the Kit only be used once? Does anything happen to the gear after? Ive heard the gear loses some its stats when doing so. Ive also heard that you dont get the actual Byte back but rather the bits. Is this true?
    Sorry but Im just getting around to trying this. Ive always just farmed for bits but am starting to run out and want to start trying this method.
  5. Shaveric Committed Player

I think like 6-8 bytes at most I'm gonna check later when I log back on into game.
  6. cravex15 Dedicated Player

See....I wouldnt even know that I would get the right or wrong kit.
    Which kit should I get for removing Betas? Maybe a couple Alphas too.
  7. Shaveric Committed Player

No you just get bytes, though I kind of wish I got stacks of bits back so I can make a different combination of exobytes every time I got my bits back.
  8. Statman New Player

There is an alpha kit at the vendors which you can purchase and use. It'll give you a single exobyte back (which is good for recycling beta mods, coz you get full returns on most). Apart from that, you can make them. There are plans you can buy from the plan vendor (I think it's the generic 1-5 level plans) and you make them the same way you would make other supplies.

To use the Kits, go to the exobyte recovery section of the R&D station (can't think of it's name), select the kit you want to use, select the piece of gear you want the exobytes from, and voila. You are not guarenteed to get 100% of your mods back, unless you using the alpha plan on alpha or beta mods as mentioned above. Each level in plan has a varied % it'll return I think.
  9. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Thanks guys for all the info. I just got back almost a years worth of Exo's.
    :)