How do you guys think we can get more players involved into pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CaptainPoptart, Dec 30, 2014.

1. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Well these are ours thoughts -----Captainpoptart, IMeerkat (Uspc Players)------
    1.They could actually add more feats towards pvp that will maybe attract players

2.They could add new content in this game that focus on pvp

3.They could add like a pvp tab in your deeds and it will be like a badge on your name in the top left corner and there will be like rankings that you will want to work towards so you can get the best ranking and it will actually make the needs for (pvp leagues) more useful instead of doing scrims sitting in open world and stuff and you will also get things like styles, higher rank badges beside your name that other players will see what you achieved

4. Just officially have all the maps up so players wont have to wait for the rotation that will also get more players into pvp

5. They could also use the deeds menu like a ranking that will motivate players to like pvp like they can do a event every month like players with most damage out, power out, heal out ,damage taken or most node points longest time on a node and the event prize could be like styles that you guys will actually make or station cash

6.You guys could also advertise pvp more like instead of talking about dlcs try motivate players to pvp not only pve that's what also brainwash players to just pve

7. They could also use the bounty list in open world as feats to create that hatred between hero's vs villains to fight against each other as a team

If you guys have any more ideas please post them below because they could maybe help
    make a change in pvp :)
    • Like x 6
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

8. Fix CC issues. For god sake do this one already.
    9. Remove Lairs or fix it.
    10. Balance out Legends characters.
    • Like x 14
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

DARN IT SABIGYA! :p
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

What they really need to do is make real tournaments, with real prizes.

They need to also broaden this player base through letting other teams in the door.

I've got nothing against them personally but it's kinda sad when every FNL all you ever see are the same teams and players. Do they really have that little interest that only the same players are getting in week in week out?

They could start offering up SC as prizes, replay badges, marketplace items. people will always come where there is motivation. This doesn't just need to go to winners either, there could be participation prizes within reason or prizes for all finalists up to the top 10 or something.

The reason league of legends is popular is because it's taken more seriously and there are more prizes and the like up for grabs, If the devs really want to be more serious about this game in that regard they need to start taking balance more seriously.

1 shots from certain power types have to stop, over-powered shields with certain power types have to stop, weapon imbalances have to stop it's a lot more difficult than just saying but that's the problem every time something is tinkered with someone else goes out of balance and becoems FOTM.

The dev dedicated to pvp needs to start sitting down and looking at things carefully, and like has been said "crowd control" in pvp right now is out of control.
    • Like x 10
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I don't think there is a dev dedicated to PvP. If there is, I am sorry you are doing a really crappy job as of late.
    • Like x 9
  6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

On top of Sabigya's post, remove Shadowlands. I hate it as much as lairs.
    • Like x 4
  7. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

I honestly agree and it is very sad to be honest, and to answer your question really there is not even atleast 1 dev that is dedicated to pvp its just soo obvious with all the crap that have been going on with pvp
  8. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Oh god that was like the worst map anyone could possibly make like it is soo stupid i hate it soo much also they need to remove it asap....
    • Like x 2
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

Besides the adding a badge to your name, I can agree with almost all of the ideas, another thing I would add is to bring back role gear, or restore role buffs.
    • Like x 1
  10. warpax New Player

1.give free mods for pvp gear that could be put on pvp gear only.
    1st they debuff or buff ur stats to make the match more balanced but then on the other hand they charge 5k marks for a single mod. why give mods available for pvp in a 1st place?
    2.ranking system has been discused for years but it's something we will prob never see. the pvp comunity is too low for the ranking system to matter anyways. it will be the same as it is with FNL same ppl or most dedicated ppl on the rankings. imo this will not help pvp but it would only break it more.
    3. they need to focus on core. wich is control effects and counter windows. breakout imunity trinket imunity etc and make them work as intended. the problem with old pvp was that ppl were getting oneshoted and that issue is still there. makes no sense that with tripple hp and quadruple toughness you take more dmg than you did before.
    4. balance out wepons. punish fast bb wm combos with longer counter windows, and vice versa.
    5. stop and please stop making changes to powers with every update. cuz every updated the power that got updated is imba in pvp. and for a game that is considered casual, adjusting to abusive powers every week can be a pain in the but, and this is prob the main reason i dont pvp.
    6. making powers beeing able to bb...no comment. i undestand some powers are vounrable to lunge or block. but then the same powers should be the ones doing couuntering aswell dont u agree? but instead they make new am adjustustments to am...and personaly i dont have time to learn all that.

7 and most important... they never do slight tweeks to balance things. they do complete rework of mechanics wich led up to this state of pvp.

as a non pvper my comments shouldnt be taken too serious, i only commented cuz i was asked to. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. SoSerious New Player

1.... no... and Mods are in pvp now to better suite the role you choose.

2... An ranking system will bring people back into pvp actually..

3. Yes they do. And that is stupid lol, I agree, more toughness and hp but booom we still die like we did before the gu? HA Big deal, no more one shots, we can still 2-3 shot someone.

4... rifle is the only weapon that needs that balance... others need slight fixing.

5.. This is purely player choice but I agree, the devs damn well know they are making an Power OP when they send it out to the community.

6.. Meh... Hl and gads are really the only ones that'll fit into that.

7. YES.. they overkill alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya did good imo.
  12. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

I disagree with 1 because there is no role gear to also support the mods and putting no role gear just made roles like tanking useless in pvp now all you see is dps
    • Like x 2
  13. Avian Dedicated Player

That would be a terrible idea, queuing would take forever.
    • Like x 2
  14. Avian Dedicated Player

I don't think you can make people who aren't interested in PvP like PvP to be honest. You like it or you don't. Adding things like more PvP feats and things that can make a difference in PvE would probably have some PvE players do PvP but not because they want to do it. There are currently a lot of PvE players who force themselves to PvP just for the sake of feats and quit immediately after.
    • Like x 4
  15. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I would play PvP if more roleplaying were entailed. I always dreamed in this game of belonging to a hero league which is mortal enemy to a villain league. Organizing raids or field battles against each other and so on...

In my opinion, any game would benefit by a certain level of moddability. What do I mean?
    Give us the tool to turn our League halls into fortress, with turrets and barriers, even AI driven NPCs, that the league leaders can position strategically. Allow characters from the opposite faction to challenge the player-made dungeon, defended by those AI characters and by the league members who are currently on-line. A teleporter function might transport you into the dungeon-challenge in any of the League Halls enlisted. Each NPC or defense would add a "challenge score" to the dungeon. (so that you can avoid those poorly made bases)

A league would build his reputation on its base, and players would be more actively involved.

THAT
    WOULD
    BE
    EPIC
    • Like x 2
  16. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

Pve by itself is boring doing a raid once a week is enough, but pvp is a fun competitive way to play against players.... Well it used to be fun. Pvp needs a lot of work to make it fun again and with the way it is going there will be no point in pvp.
    • Like x 1
  17. Saevis New Player

I thought GU 41 was supposed to get new players more involved in PvP...:confused:
    • Like x 2
  18. Leveilleur Well-Known Player

1) They need to make one tier of gear instead of multiple higher tiers, with this they can remove buffing and clamping. Also they can just add multiple styles just like checkmate informant and operative for the one tiered gear. That way pvp can really become skill based

2) they can add pvp specific abilities to each power (12 abilities to each power to be exact) then they need to lock out the current abilities in pvp and make them pve only, so that way balancing powers can be made easier.

3) remove or bring down weapon mastery damage.

4) fix the current issues with pvp

5)Make new game modes and make new maps.

6) make it so we can choose any map we want to play on just like it used to be. People like certain maps and they do not want to be forced to chose from only maps they dont like.

That's all I can think of for now.
  19. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Well if dc advertise pvp more instead of pve you don`t know what will happen honestly
  20. Saevis New Player

idk about arenas, this is what would help open world pvp be more fun.

1. better open world pvp/more organized open world pvp.
    2. multiple tier levels.
    3. remove role agonistic gear.
    4. all GU 41, deleted.
    they can keep noob buffing to the arenas, but in open world, anything goes.
    • Like x 1