How do you get the "Starting with the man in the mirror" Feat?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ItsMeAgain, Oct 31, 2022.

1. ItsMeAgain Active Player

In The Treachery of Black Adam solo, how do you know which Neron is the correct one? I tried all kinds of different patterns and still no luck?
  2. BumblingB I got better.

There is some smoke emanating from his feet. You have to pause and look.

Unfortunately, there are times it doesn't render at all. Silly rendering bugs.
    • Like x 1
  3. ItsMeAgain Active Player

That's what I thought because sometimes he has the one mirror where the smoke is darker and smaller too.
  4. Eve YouTuber

That's the one you need to hit but you have to do it 3 times
    • Like x 1
  5. ItsMeAgain Active Player

The problem is it doesn't show under his feat all the time. It's very annoying.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I figured it was the smoke (the only thing I could see different in the 4 images), but I've done it several times now, only knocking out that 1 image, and it still doesn't pop. Is it JUST knocking out that one image every round, or is there another component?

Last feat I need in that solo, so I'm looking to clear it off my plate.
  7. Eve YouTuber

How many times did you kill this image? Because I had to do it 3 times in a row, then kill him fast
  8. BumblingB I got better.

If you burn him too fast, it will not count as it will skip phases and go straight to the lava one. It's annoying, but slowing the burn helps. As long as you get the right one and don't get stunned, it means it counted.
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think I normally see 3 phases. Could be I'm getting AOE damage on the wrong image as I have Grim out at least. I'll give it a shot with no pets next time and make sure to only use weapons on the image.

Sounds like it's at least 3 rounds required....right?
    • Like x 2
  10. Eve YouTuber

yes, have to do it 3 times and better no pets, I even avoid Tesla as Elec cause I don't want it to damage the fake images
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Pets wont attack if you aren't attacking, but if you have a dot down when he is transitioning, my pets have killed the dummy even though I was wailing on the correct one. I know when it fails, I get stunned right after and I'm like. "Oh Robot Sidekick!"
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  12. Proxystar #Perception

This, don't have a dot running with pets out.

Green smoke at the feet is the real one.

Look carefully though sometimes the green smoke can be subtle and slightly hidden by the green light at the feet as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, got this on several toons last night. No pets, weapons only on the reflection seems to do the trick. Not sure if you need all 3 phases to complete or if you could burn him after 2, but I did 3 to make sure. Might try on an alt to nuke him after 2 just to see what would happen.
  14. Dene Devoted Player

For me - 2 didn't work - I had to it redo slower and do all 3
    • Like x 2
  15. Tros Well-Known Player

Well very ty!
    I was doing it right but only 1 or 2 times because was killing him too fast, well if i say i did 10x times that solo already and no feat, would be a euphemism.
    • Like x 1
  16. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Don't use pets/allies/henchmen. Don't use AoE or attacks that chain. You have to hit only the one that has the mist/smoke coming from his feet. And yeah, you have to do it all three times.

The feats I'm having trouble with are the ones where you have to "kick Greed when he's down" and the one where you have to defeat Neron while the lava pools are in play.
  17. Tolly Committed Player

It's a buggy exploit that needs fixing, the green smoke (the good kind) isn't always visible 1 run out of 3.

It's apparently a case of luck getting the smoke right 3 times...
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure the lava pool one is possible in Elite (if that's what you are running). The way he reacts to the burn, it seems like it would be impossible to kill him while the 4 pools are up because he'd go into his 'mirror' phase and then into the 8 lava pool phase. For that one I'd run in normal.

I didn't have a problem with pets henchmen, but yeah...AOE is an issue. I would still have grim or use my HOL, but only AFTER using ST on the correct Neron.

The kick one is pretty easy. I pretty much got that on all toons along with the one to take him out while in 'depowered' mode by punching him. I'd just make sure to slow burn till I could kick him 3x (you can kick him multiple times per phase BTW), then get him low and wait for him to take my powers...then orbital and HOL bot without recovering my powers and get the other feat too.
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I play in Regular mode, I'm def not good enough for elite. My problem is, I can get Neron to spawn the pools pretty quickly, but then he does the mirror bit and the pools despawn. Next time I attempt it, I'll try burning him more slowly, until he brings out the pools and then hit him with everything.

For the kick feat, I assume I'm supposed to melee Greed after he takes a knee. I just haven't been able to get to him before Black Adam blasts him and knocks him back. The one where you beat him without your powers I got by accident, when the DLC first came out, when I was on XBox. Now that I think about it, I think I got the "Man In the Mirror" feat without trying for it, too. (I didn't used to bother looking at the feats, assuming most of them were stuff it would be too hard for me to do)
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

The regular Lava Feat, is easy. Burn him to low health (like...95%) then wait for him to spawn the lava and kill.

Elite version of the feat, same thing.