How do you beat Two-Face 5 tap rifle spam?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by GhostsAndMagic, Jan 12, 2021.

1. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I main Atrocitus and it feels like he can duel me even in supercharge by spamming 5 rifle taps and backflip, and if he's in Harvey domination, i've got no chance of winning.
  2. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

You most certainly will be fighting an uphill battle. Atrocitus is definitely not the best toon to duke it out with Two-Face, but it can be done if you're able to outskill your opponent. You have to outdamage him, which sounds impossible, but Atro is brawling. Even though brawling is slow, it can hit really hard if you can land your holds. Fight aggressive. Your two main combos should be firstly one-tap hold into backhand (hits for ~700 damage) and 4-tap hold into haymaker (hits for ~900 damage).

When the fight starts, pop your two DoTs (One of Atro's DoT's has a long animation, so you may be able to clip it with breakout trinket). Use backhand to stun him before he can get his 5 tap out. Two-Face's 5 tap hits hard but can take a while to get out, so that's one way to exploit that weakness. When he 5-taps, he'll most likely use his escape where he jumps backwards. That move, like almost all backflips, is dangerous because it's a dodge. It will absorb ranged damage and can evade close-range holds. When he does that, go for Haymaker, but be careful if he blocks. Get in as many backhands and haymakers as he will let you. Make sure you're clipping your backhands and haymakers with Atro's other abilities.

Now Two-Face's supercharge is pretty broken, so you may try to counter it by saving your own supercharge for when he uses his. Every now and then, you may be able to block his 5-tap to mitigate some damage, although I have noticed that sometimes it does not work and it goes through anyway. It seems the longer you block, the higher chance of mitigation.

Now to outskill the Two-Face, which is usually doable since most Two-Face players are of average skill level in my experience, whilst doing the above, you need to counter him as much as possible. Unless he's a belligerent bag of rocks that does not realize how much damage he'll be taking by you playing this aggressively, he's bound to try block your attacks at some point. You have to recognize when he will do that. Now, usually this will be shortly after the Two-Face hits you with 5-tap and does his escape. Because he has to restart his taps which take a while, they usually use that opportunity to block. That's when you go for the BB and go ham. If he has to restart his taps for any reason, keep an eye out for a block. If you can counter him, that's where you will really start to outdamage him.

This strat can work because most Two-Faces don't block while they're busy spamming 5-tap, so they're vulnerable to heavy damage. Of course, not every Two-Face will play like this, but if they don't it may be indicative of a more skilled opponent. It is pretty rare to see such an opponent using Two-Face that doesn't play like this.

I don't usually play Atro often, but that is how I would approach it. And this same general strat definitely works with other characters who have great damage, like Batman, Sinestro, WW, Bizarro, and Lex. Two-Face is still broken of course, but those who crutch on him typically have these weaknesses.

If all else fails, and the Two-Face has no qualms about playing super cheesy, go for a barrel.
    • Like x 3
  3. BƖack Dedicated Player

Try block on that 5 tap you'll take less dmg.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Throw a brick at your playstation.

It's not actually a solution but it's cathartic.