How do I use the swap color and 4th color option?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NoPhilosophy, Dec 5, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I tried all different kinds of combinations but my colors didn't even swap.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Need more details. What color are you trying to swap...and where??? Can you post a pic (screenshot)?
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Made a couple of videos about the 4th color.... one of them might help.

But not sure what you are asking. More info??
    • Like x 2
  4. Skull Collector Committed Player

Chose your 4th colour in your palette. Then swap the colours on each piece of gear. We got a 4th colour, but we're still limited to 3 colours per piece of gear.
    • Like x 1
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I think Skull answered the question but I'm curious what item you're trying to switch colors on.
  6. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Hi thx, but I'm talking about under the style menu, you hit triangle to swap colors, then it says slot 1 slot 2 slot 3 with the big circle and small circles.

Those don't change any of my colors. .
  7. Skull Collector Committed Player

*Ok, so first go in and make sure you've picked a new 4th colour. It's default is set to black, so pick something bright and gaudy looking just to test and so you can see what pieces on your gear are changing colour.

*Next, go to say... your chest piece and while hovering over it, hit Triangle.

*Now in Slot 1, move left and right on your D-Pad, and it will switch between the four colours you can choose from that you've customized below, and you'll see it changing the different select zones on your chest piece in your character viewer to the left. Pick a colour from your four options, and then scroll down to Slot 2, and do the same.

*Once you're happy with it, press X to Select and save it, then move on to the next piece, and rinse/repeat. Once you're happy with your awesome new colour co-ordinated look, exit, and press X to save.

*Hope that helps! :)
    • Like x 2
  8. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Omg that worked! Thank you so much guys!

My problem was I wasnt highlighting any gear to color swap. I would switch colors around on the pallet, hit L2 and just press triangle without highlighting a piece of gear.

Thank you thank you lmao. I've been playing for years and never knew that. No wonder my styles always sucked lol.
    • Like x 2
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Please keep in my mind there are a few random style pieces that utilize only 2 colors (only 2 parts of the item can be colored). I think the Biomech back piece is one of them.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Tutorial in my signature :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Similarly, there are some style pieces that only utilize one color (usually of the metallic variety).

As a side note, speedsters and flight users movement trails are based on the first 3 colors on the palette (speedsters), and color 1 and 2 for flight (or possibly 2 and 3, I forget). You can thus use the 4th color as one that isn't going to appear in your color trail, if you're aiming for a specific visual and want don't want a color to interfere with your trail design.

With the addition of the 4th color, lanterns could then utilize the first 3 slots for black, neon green, viridian, and white as the 4th color. The neon green would be placed in the slot where it encompasses the majority of your flight trail, matching your ring's glow, while the viridian would be the secondary trail color. Black would not be present on the trail and could be used along with white on the suit color scheme, allowing you all 4 colors of the green lantern corps, and a color trail that matches the ring glow and several of the green aura variants.
    • Like x 2
  12. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Thats amazing. Literally this whole time I've been missing out on so many different color variations. Thanks again!
    • Like x 2
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

I cannot believe you've been playing for years without fully understanding how that all works! Lol!

Playing dress up is 80% of the game for me!

This must feel like a whole new world! Congrats! :D
    • Like x 4
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

For flight it's the 1st 2 colors. I had to switch them to an orange yellow to go with my new Phoenix Material.
    • Like x 1
  15. Skull Collector Committed Player

lol... no problem. There's a lot of folks in your boat that don't fully understand how customizable our characters are with colour. When the 4th colour option was released, even I didn't get it at first.... it's not very intuitive at all and like many things in the game and didn't come with clear instructions. This ability is one of the main reasons you'll see threads with people asking what piece of gear it is that they saw someone wearing that's a chest piece with flames but no arms, or legs with a design cut out in them. What people are doing is matching certain parts of their gear to their flesh tones so that it looks like their gear has designs cut into them exposing their skin. It's how some players look nude or semi nude.

So to give you an example I just threw an outfit together using the Primal defender hands, which are a pair of hands that have a cloth wrapping over them and three spikes coming out of the side of the forearm. Those hands would traditionally be 3 colours that would give the look of wearing wraps over gloves with spikes coming out of them, but now you can make the hands and spikes look skin toned by matching your 4th colour to your skin. I also show in these photos how matching the 4th colour to your skin tone can give the look of designs cut out or being semi-nude as a mentioned above. Sorry for the poor quality pics, but I'm PS3 and had to photograph my tv screen. lol

So here is what it would look like before we got the 4th colour option. See that with the hands I had to make it look like she's wearing red gloves and coloured the spikes as if they were bleached bone white. Looks crappy.
    [IMG]

Now with the 4th colour, I matched it to her skin tone, and changed only the white on her chest and legs, and changed the red and white on her hands to match the skin as well. Much better looking!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

It's not perfectly matched because I did it really quick to illustrate for you what you can do, but you get the idea. Now take this wonderful knowledge and go revamp your toons to look all sorts of badassery! :)
    • Like x 1
  16. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Ah yes I see, I always wondered how people did that. Thanks for the example. I have a lot of work to do on my toons
    • Like x 1
  17. Aren Sul Committed Player

Only thing I'd like to add is if you have an armory, save your current style. Then create your new one. This allows you to check it out in different locations (lighting effects matter). If you like it, great! save that in your armory over the original one. If not, use the armory to bring back the original.
    • Like x 1