How do I gift a new subscription to a friend?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lionxoft, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Lionxoft Committed Player

I'm getting a buddy back into DCUO but I'd like him to be a subscriber so I offered to pay his subscription. Since the DCUO cards are long gone how would I go about doing this?
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

Daybreak cards

Mail him you're credit card
    • Like x 1
  3. Lionxoft Committed Player

Daybreak cards aren't on sale out here yet. Any other options?
  4. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

5. Lionxoft Committed Player

6. Backseid Devoted Player

Western Union?

Personal check?

Paypal?

Pawn grandma's wedding ring?

Bake sale/lemonade stand?

Sponsorship from local buisness?

Royalties from a invention sold on HSN/QVC?

Playing a duet on the subway for tips?
    • Like x 2
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah not a fan of the new price points... (Especially since they decided to make it so that you can't just buy a 15 dollar card that's redeemable for the subscription and nothing more...)

It's bad enough that we can't buy DLC with SC(Which we used to be able to do, but they decided to discontinue that back when they were still SoE because they didn't want to give discounts on the DLC when they were doing the SC sales, didn't want former subscribers to use the SC saved up from their subscription to buy DLCs after their sub had lapsed...)
    • Like x 2
  8. Lionxoft Committed Player

It would be great to be able to purchase 60 day subscriptions via Steam. Steam offers gifting services.
    • Like x 2
  9. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I thought you would be able to do that with steam. D: I haven't looked at the PC client too closely. Argh.
  10. Pults Loyal Player

Last I checked Steam offered only episodes.
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah, that does seem to be all they offer... Shame really, I know I'd rather spend 20 bucks on Steam and have the freedom to buy what I want including DLCs, than 25 bucks for a months subscription and extra Marketplace cash that I can only spend on their woefully under-stocked marketplace... Some things I would love to see on the Marketplace:

1.Cash cap expanders(A stand alone upgrade that would raise our wallet cap by 500 credits. Yes I know we have the tokens, but you know... Some of us just want a little extra breathing room for paying for repairs and such or the ability to take full advantage of the increasingly irrelevant crafting system without having to pay real life "Rent" for the "privilege"...)
    2.An upgrade that lets us trade cash as a premium.(The actual amount of cash we could give in single trade would still be limited by the cash cap naturally, But you know what? They could sell something to a Subscriber for 10K to refill their meager cash cap, and perhaps fill their escrow a bit faster.(Which is good from a business standpoint because sooner or later they will want to have full access to that escrow to buy something really big from the Broker... Speaking of the Broker perhaps all gear should become trade-able, with CR locks to prevent players who are below a given CR from buying gear that is more than one tier above their current CR tier... Boom thriving game Economy that further drives demand for full escrow access.)
    3.More style items fitting a wide variety of niches.(Basic Auras are pretty well covered, now how about some more superhero costumes, Sports uniforms(Football, Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Cheer-leading, Tennis, Base Ball), Mundane themed fashions( Tuxes, Cocktail dresses, a variety of "Goth" and "Emo" fashions), a wider variety of Steampunk styles that include waistcoats, petticoats, dresses, suits, skirts, slimline, tool-belts, Tophats, ladies hats, and of course Bowler Hats, hairstyles with more Goggles, and of course Face Goggles for your face), And perhaps some rotating Seasonal styles...
    4.Lair items, it's nice to see they haven't given up on this completely with the addition of the Bombshell posters. That is cool.
    5.Seasonal Lair items, It would be nice to be able to buy bundles of our favorite Seasonal lair items for those of us that want to decorate our lairs.
    6.More seasonal styles.(The Santa hat is cool... Maybe next year we could get arm floaties for the summer seasonal, and maybe some Pirate themed gear/suits/weapon skins available from the Marketplace during the summer event, and around Haloween be able to get a spectral skin(That makes us look all ghostly and see-through/translucent...), Easter of course we should be able to buy a Bunny Ears headband as a head style/hairstyle...
    • Like x 1
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Uhmmm when does my personal check arrive in the mail? You promised you would start buying my membership when uhh you know uhh it was a long time ago when we were uhhh...ok you never said you would pay my membership but lets just say you will? :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Yui Loyal Player

Actually, you can use Steam to purchase All-Access on the Daybreak site, but it still asks you for your CC info.
  14. Aren Sul Committed Player

One would think (hope) that someone from Daybreak would notice this and say:

"Hmm, the holiday season is not too far away. We need to provide an easy way to gift subscriptions. Go online, buy it, provide a redemption number and automated email to the person receiving the gift, copying the buyer. And we can send a reminder if the buyer wants to make another gift when it is close to running out... not a bad idea."

A number of online companies have a similar setup.

And if a Daybreak employee does read this, you have my okay to say it is your idea - consider it a gift from me ;-)
    • Like x 1
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

Question, do you have to give credit card info to buy a sub through steam?
  16. Yui Loyal Player

You can't buy a sub on Steam. However, you can use Steam as a payment method to get a sub on the Daybreak site, but it asks you for your credit card info.
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

Yes but do you have to give credit card information to use steam as a payment method...?
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

Disposable credit card, available in supermarkets (in my country anyway).
    Pre load it with enough for a sub fee and give him the card details for him to use on the DBG site.
    • Like x 1
  19. Vesper Dedicated Player

Visa or MasterCard giftcard. You can get those any grocery store or convenience store.
    • Like x 1
  20. Yui Loyal Player

Like I said before on my previous two comments, it still asks you to give your CC info if you use Steam as a payment method.