how can we make DC more "Fun"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jun 25, 2017.

1. BumblingB I got better.

It equals 3 in binary. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You're so wrong. Stats matter happened because a few others & I proved that all stats were broken and CR was overriding any and every stat. DCUO the game was selling stats like they were working and could of cared less.

All we did was prove DCUO was selling a broken product to it's customers and raised cain until it was admitted and addressed. Still raising cain for working stats and balance.;)

I am the furthest from a scoreboard chaser that you can be. I never dox/dcuo live anyone. As long as they can do their job I could care less.
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

ALso,.......
    I think DCUO is working on it but the numbers within R&D & gear in end game is killing the fun.
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Ok...theres maybe a hundred people who care about stats matter, but theres thousands of players who dont... crazy thing is, theres tons of people who dont even realize that some powers are better then others, some play because the powers are just cooler then others...think of all the players without forums accounts who dont know that all this complaining is going on... they prolly have 0 complaints about the game besides the fact that content drops so rarely now
    • Like x 1
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ok guess you'd know :rolleyes:
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  7. Too Dirty New Player

Make it actually free to play if you cannot reach end game level without spending money it's not free to play.
    • Like x 2
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

[quote="Winter Sabel, post: 3974742, member: 376434" Dark Soldier said:
    “Ok...there's maybe a hundred people who care about stats matter, but there's thousands of players who don't...

That's the thing.
    DCUO was selling its customers a turd sandwich and no one was the wiser.
    DCUO was selling its customers a product with false & misleading information.
    The majority of the players on the PC server knew and understood it. So it was really not a big deal.
    The players on the PS server was a whole different ballgame and it still is. I did not realize how many players were being mislead, misinformed or were totally oblivious to how the game worked until the PC/PS server merge. The majority of the PS server players being kids were still acting and playing like it was pre GU 47 & pre CR differential. Which was mind blowing in itself. These kids were treating people so badly for things that did not even matter because DCUO was selling them a product that was broken with misleading information.

The majority of the PS player base had no clue that CR was overriding most if not all the stats from:

SP..........................broken ( gains after 77 SP have diminishing returns )
    Cola buffs..............broken
    Trinkets..................broken
    Gear Mods.............broken ( all you need is alpha or betas to get the crits )
    Generator Mods.....broken ( the minimal stat gains are meaningless because CR differential )
    infinity mods...........broken ( the minimal stat gains are meaningless because CR differential )

These same PS players that had no clue how the game was really working ran what was left of the PC player base after GU 47. This is why it was proven and brought to light why stats were broken in the first place.

crazy thing is, there's tons of people who don't even realize that some powers are better then others, some play because the powers are just cooler then others...think of all the players without forums accounts who don't know that all this complaining is going on... they probably have 0 complaints about the game besides the fact that content drops so rarely now

As far as stats matter goes and its development. I was temp banned defending the players that you speak of. I can no longer give feedback in the test section because I was defending the players that had no clue. If it were not for a few others & I ( I do mean a few ). Stats Matter WOULD have ( I cannot stress WOULD enough ) totally screwed over the players that you speak of. The ones that do not care one way or another and are fine with the way the game is working now.

[/quote]

So are you saying that you effectively argued for the skill-less game mode system we have now, where effectively you don't need to work towards anything.

Quite puzzled at the response in green, too, if that is not correct, then it definitely strange.

You are saying that you were speaking for the people who do care about the broken stats or the ones who don't care?

Stats Matter would not have screwed over those players either, those players outnumber those without the bonus numbers.

Effectively ensuring that those who push the limits continue to be held back, is what you are saying you argued for, correct, being that the whole gripe that most would have were SP requirements being requested.

Baffling and laughable that DESPITE, ( I cannot stress the DESPITE enough) the continuous decline of players/not big spenders, spending money on TC's or Alts, but actually players, DC keeps investing on the premise that players are having fun, yet here is this thread.

What gimmick are they going to come up with this time, I wonder?

Server merger, free legendary for 2 months?

I could be way off, but hasn't players stopped playing since Dox, in big numbers, I wonder why...?
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

So are you saying that you effectively argued for the skill-less game mode system we have now, where effectively you don't need to work towards anything.
    I argued against all of GU 47 & CR differential actually. I saw the PC server die because of it.

Quite puzzled at the response in green, too, if that is not correct, then it definitely strange.
    What is so strange about trying to stop something that you know will run off a large percentage of the player base?

You are saying that you were speaking for the people who do care about the broken stats or the ones who don't care?
    Speaking for the ones that really did no know.
    Why?
    Because there are a number of players that started since GU 47 & CR differential was implemented.
    I did not want DCUO to run these players off as well. If you were here for GU 47 & 36 you would understand this.

Stats Matter would not have screwed over those players either, those players outnumber those without the bonus numbers.
    Apparently you were not testing stats matter since 1.0 version.

Effectively ensuring that those who push the limits continue to be held back, is what you are saying you argued for, correct, being that the whole gripe that most would have were SP requirements being requested.
    First of all,
    You need to realize that making a game for the 1% is about as smart as smacking a hornets nest with a short stick.
    Secondly,
    You obviously have no clue about anything that I have pushed for or have been against. I pushed for harder content without alienating 90-99% of the player base. I helped petition the devs for different difficulties
    ( novice, normal & expert ) for every instance so that everyone could play. Not just the smallest group in DCUO's player base.

Baffling and laughable that DESPITE, ( I cannot stress the DESPITE enough) the continuous decline of players/not big spenders, spending money on TC's or Alts, but actually players, DC keeps investing on the premise that players are having fun, yet here is this thread.

What are you even trying to say here? You make zero sense.

What gimmick are they going to come up with this time, I wonder?

Server merger, free legendary for 2 months?

I could be way off, but hasn't players stopped playing since Dox, in big numbers, I wonder why...?
    GU 47 and marks relevancy is that biggest culprit.

[/quote]

I have to ask. Are a butcher by trade?
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

i wanted to make an own thread about exactly the same issue :eek:;):D
    it was ok to have AF3 as a very grindy DLC because we all knew that devs were working on the revamp. then, the anniversary event and starro came along and the excuse of repetitive content with bloated costs became somewhat annoying... now, the JFA episode and we are all fed up with the tedious amount of grind...

i mean: AF3 and JFA are at the same size of what a quarterly DLC would have been, but the prices for the gear was so much inflated, you would need half a year to repeat everything everyday without any ever missed to get it completed. wich isn't realy fun or interesting because after doing the alerts like 100+ times, no matter how good they are, they get boring anyways...

the worst thing however: nothing in the new DLC is even a bit of an interesting challenge... daylies be like: go there, activate this, bring something to another thing and kill some targets... you run through the alerts, you run through the raids in normal, nothing that is realy giving you the feeling of accomplishement, and next day is the same again. and then again, and then again...

ok, elite is kinda hard. because you are basicly fighting against a dammage sponge that is giving out one hits if not maxed out gear and your lives are restricted.... that is neither hard nor challenging. its unfair and not realy more fun at all in my oppinion. also: it is the same raids as normal, just that in elite, you actually get at least a few mechanics more at the bosses like blocking at the right time...
    devs made it realy cheap for themselves with that one!

now, if stats revamp would have happened allready, ppl would be busy learning the game from start and the contend could be fun at first... thats why i think that the game can run like this: because we are all hoping and waiting. however: if the stats revamp is out, devs will loose any excuses for why the content is underwhelming, repetitive, and obviously not theyr focus...

please devs, take it seriously: as hard as you are working for the revamp, if the game does not get better at anything else, it will not be worth the hard work and only be fun untill players are used to the new system... this is a concearn even though i know how awesome the gamplay wiill be, the repetitivness will have to change anyways!
  11. inferno Loyal Player

The thing is, you are combining inaccurate statements with a half statement and putting it out on the forums as a whole truth. It is not.

When you said," making everyone. no matter skill, or sp." followed by " all on the same lvl"; the first part is just not true.

The Developers never said that.

What they said was, if two players have the same skill points with the same gear, then they can choose between the 3 different playstyles and different loadouts and powers and the difference in damage between the two players will no longer be as vastly different as they are on live. If all goes to plan, you'll never see a 10 million gap in damages between dps players.

Going back to the OP; someone already said, what is fun for one may not be fun for another. I like all different suggestions because in the end it will give me more things to do. But some people will call that "grind". Spawning big bosses in the open world? Love that. We have that in Area 51 with the Paradox; put it as a daily? It's a grind. We have the bounties in the Village and its a weekly, kinda fun but do it on multiple toons? A grind.
    More open world missions? more grind.

Something is only new until it gets old and then it becomes boring.
    You can't have something new everyday. Not even every week.

In the end, the "fun factor" is something each player will have to find on his/her own way; either through content, leaguemates, personal goals or pure imagination.
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I'm am not going to look through it all. I saw it. others saw it. so...whatever. it will work. or it wont.
  13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

if you care to look through all the stuff about it. you will find it.
  14. mexmex Dedicated Player

To the OP
    Regarding the content itself:

by making content with more quality,
    new fresh mechanics,
    stat revamp might help, not sure, if after all stats won´t matter after all, we´ll see that,
    by making events, and stuff in open world,
    by fixing PVP,
    fixing progression not only vertical but horizontal and vertical too.
    by catering towards everybody, casuals, new hardcore and vets.

Regarding cosmetics and other stuff

Allowing each power to personalize colors, this may take customatization to a whole new level.
    Account bound loot via shared bank, even if it works as the current unattuned that will go to the proper cr.
    Fixing a lot of quality of life issues previously pointed out in other threads.
    Style unlocked for alts.

Regarding the players

We should have some content that needs to be beaten from time to time to move on to the next tier, this will ensure at least some kind of knowledge of the mechanics of the game, so the devs can develop a more interesting content. ONE SOLO, ONE DUO, ONE ALERT AND ONE RAID. SO IF YOU BEAT THE SOLO FOR EXAMPLE THE NEXT SOLOs TIER WILL OPEN FOR YOU, AND SO ON. But here is the catch for everyone. you can not outgeard this especial content, so you need to beat it legit. with a max stat clamped for everyone so no one will carry you though it. I would love to have this, to test ourselves and to keep us engage with the game
    • Like x 1
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

All im saying is.. i have fun playing the game, so people only have fun if they're better then others, for those it doesn't matter if they beat the mission, get loot & play as a team.. no they're more worried about being the best on the team because they're better then everyone because they have mkre skill points, instead of being happy they finished the mission
  16. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

I quit playing the game couple years ago, i started in 2011 and randomly decided "lets check dcuo forums" an there is truly 1 way to get the "fun" an all the lost players back, revert to pre gu 36, that's where the "fun" started to drop, i cant even explain the ammount of fun i had b4, it was unbelievable an that was back on freeze city ps3, the "stats matter" is a gd start but the gameplay wont change, any1 who didnt play pre gu 36, i recommed looking up wat true dcuo fun use to be. If we get it back i would gladly return an start throwin all my money at the devs once again bc it was "fun"
  17. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I made a post a few months back introducing new player initiated bounties which I let die due to trolls. The idea was having different iconic bounties spawn around metropolis and Gotham that has triggers. We have the player triggered bounty on new gen open world but I think having these would be nice in the old open world zones. Make these bounties require you to be at least level 30 to get rewards and require a nice size crowd to defeat. Make them drop marks of victory and rare styles. I don't want gear from them I just want something for my efforts. Now put them on a weekly rotation having it loot lock w/o replayability. I think this would a nice distraction from the every day grind.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I have read it and know what you're talking about, but I also tested it and it does not coincide with what was said or what you think. If you have 300 sp, you will have quite a hefty advantage over someone with half your sp.
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

As it should be. Grab those feats kids.
    • Like x 1
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The biggest problem for me right now is difficulty. The game is too easy.

It's been too easy for years, now, but the past few episodes it's been ridiculous.

Without difficult content, it's hard to bond with friends and league mates over the game. There's no shared goal. We already obliterated everything on Day 1. Some bosses didn't even cause a wipe. After that, it's a case of logging in every day, playing the content for marks then logging back out.

In addition to that, it's hard to justify the grind. If I'm already obliterating the content in gear that I started the episode with, then what purpose does getting a full set of vendor gear and all 3 Omnipotence pieces serve? I have nothing to beat, except the Elite content, which I'm hearing isn't that bad anyway but is a complete chore to get in to with the way it's set up.

In fact, if anything, the way things are set up now is actually counter productive to me wanting to grind for the best gear. Because if I do that, I'm just making the next episode easy for me. So ideally, I shouldn't play at all until the next episode, where I will experience the same problems again (assuming no changes are made).

Starting with the difficulty would be a great place to begin. Of course, we can't really look at difficulty until we're given the stats revamp. It's hard to predict what the game will feel like once people have figured out how the revamp works and what the best methods of play are.

Apart from difficulty, other areas they could improve in is progression as a whole. Other ways to make our character stronger than don't depend on running a piece of content.

New game modes such as 4v1 PVP, where 4 players play as themselves and 1 player plays as a boss iconic character. The ability to enter an arena (or your League Hall's Prison) and summon bosses at whatever difficulty (Solo/Duo, Alert, Raid level) and whatever CR you want.
    • Like x 2