how can we make DC more "Fun"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Does it not feel like the game has a more "chores" vibe over an actual "fun" vibe? its just repetitive content over and over. within the first two weeks we have the new content down pack and thus begins the glorious grind doing the same thing over and over. Nothing new ever happens

this is a super hero game yet in open world we do nothing heroic minus saving distressed citizens on top of buildings...all we do is duel each other in the Watchtower/hall of doom or sit in front of lil bohemia or the night club.

-why cant we have random big time enemies spawn a times. when mepps spawns trigon its actually fun we need more of that kind of stuff in open world free roam

-why cant we have a random different mechanic at the end of the last boss of raids to keep us on our toes?

-why no open world races against other online players?

-why no royal rumble type map for pvp? so many players would que up to play it because it would be filled with lots of action!

-2vs2 open world duels could be interesting

(just ideas off the top of the head)

the game is cool and all but theres ways to make it a more fun place instead of making us play the same ol thing over and over and shoving time capsules down our throat.

stats revamp should make the game more "balanced and challenging" but it doesnt solve the fun factor in general
    • Like x 3
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

that right there, is what nobody on this forum seems to get including the developers themselves.
    • Like x 3
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Speak for yourself, I'm having a lot of fun in the revamp. Definitely makes content feel more engaging which is all I want. I don't want brain numbing snooze festivals.

Other then that only thing I think that can make the game more fun is introducing more open world side quests involving fighting or committing crime, so that we can at least be reminded we're superheroes/supervillains.
    • Like x 6
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Meh this game is already fun for me, or at least it was before I had to grind instances all day every day for those blasted shades!
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's because people that haven't tested let alone even laid eyes on the revamp constantly try to lecture people that have.
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I wish I could test it but no PC. :-/
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You're good, was more so throwing shade at a few other forum posters :p
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to watch a video and get a idea of whats going on.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

like me :rolleyes:
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Watching a video isn't the same as hopping on test and messing with different specs and set ups yourself. Every time I come in the gotham section there's constant misinformation being thrown around by clueless people that think they have an idea of what the revamp is about from a few youtube videos that don't show the whole revamp, just how roles function in raids for the most part.
    • Like x 2
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh I know you didn't mean me, I just wanted to express my own frustration at not being able to test, because... actually, in hindsight I'm not sure why. I guess I just wanted to whinge about something that wasn't the beach shades? Who knows? xD
    • Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Alas that's not the main purpose of this thread so we can get back to suggesting ideas to improve the fun factor of dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

how is that misinformation if thats how they function in raids on test then? And I usually watch 1 of 3 ppls video's

1 - trexlights
    2 - madrabbits
    3 - and I think crappyheals

pretty sure 2 of the 3 know what they are doing JS as they have tested content for a long time now.
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

100% this. I ran with this Celestial Veteran as a Rookie Nature DPS in the US raid(Granted I left and Wiped a few times here and there) but the Engagement and attention factor was there unlike Live servers.

Now before anyone asks me, I was Nature and I was Meleeing the US and JFA with martial arts and that's something I can boast about. Because on Live you can't really get away with Meleeing thanks to excessive damage from the CR differential system, not even if your rage.

On Test: I had to pay attention to my health bar, I had to pay attention to my rotation, and how much power I was consuming. That's something again, not on live. Live you can just sit in the back and happily go 1-2-3-4 all day and not really risk something, and while that may be fun for some people to do; for me that doesn't make DPSing nearly as engaging.

I actually had a blast running this stuff with people like Fatal and Others on the Test Server(Despite quite the stir I caused) and If The Stats-Revamp is making me fondly remember that then that means the Stats-Revamp is doing something correct imo.

Granted The Stats-revamp isn't perfect, there's things that need to be tweaked like how much power controllers can put out; how much damage you can get from weapons and nature; all that kinda stuff; but is it more fun to me than what we have on live? 100% Yes.
    • Like x 3
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh I agree there's quite a few complaints I still have about it, but I think it'll help in kicking the fun factor up quite a bit for dcuo just cause you can get away with a lot more then you currently can while still doing viable damage, not like live where it's one rotation at a certain distance or get out.

Also you didn't really cause a stir, we just didn't expect you to come back lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

like everything else that comes up on these forums its not a game problem its a forum members problem, ppl here on the forums are seeking this revamp not the entire community, so guess what will happen when the revamp goes live and SP have even a little importance attached to them?
  17. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Being in a league and communicating with others is what really keeps me going its like an escape from reality of a grind that gets boring after the 1st few weeks of release because there is really nothing else to do. feats of course are always there but thats another grind ontop of the grind lol

man i love this game im 4 years strong but its got way more potential than whats actually given to us imo
    • Like x 1
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah I'm fully aware. I already suspect people in the game are gonna be complaining and that some may even quit, oh well. And TC's are probably still gonna continue, but.. then again people are already still investing money into them so eh.

Win some, Lose some as the saying goes.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's basically my reply to people who'll quit after the revamp at this point. People wanted SP to matter, they will. People wanted more variety and options in the way they play, it'll happen. it'll be an initial shock for many but I do believe putting n the time to get adjusted to your surroundings, people will enjoy it more then AMs.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My only major concern with the revamp is the difficulty of normal raids. I love the direction that they've taken dpsing in. When I made my characters, I was asked to choose a power, and then I was asked to choose a weapon. Therefore as far as I'm concerned, the two are equally important to the identity of my characters. Spamming my tray all day every day is NOT what I signed up for.