How can we as players advertise DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Oriole, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Oriole New Player

I know its the Devs job to advertise. But since it cost lost of cash maybe we are the player base could advertise the game as best we can.
    • Like telling friends and family who haven't tried the game to do so.
    • Have a F2P only tourney getting players who are new to the game who haven't invested a dime into the game and know little about the mechanics and have a tourney and give prizes that can be set to them.
    • Use social media we have Youtube and twitter I mean every single player on here can be a talk show host really...maybe someone with a great personallity make a DCUO talk show on youtube and showcase players of the week league of the month organize prizes.
    • Try getting players together that aren't in that secert player thingy I heard about and have a normat disscussing on issues on the game or praises and youtube it, even going as far as interviewing forum posters and get their thoughts on guides and how the game looks to them.
    Yeah it may be a lot of hard work on someone behave but if done right somene could give DCUO all the free advertising it needs maybe who knows the DEev's may feel to reward you with a tour of their facilites or in game prizes (real life money lokl if that was the case there would be like 1,000 of everything).

Well DC Nations whats your thoughts on this can something like this be done or at least be in consideration?
    • Like x 5
  2. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I started to make a DCUO movie with the game, centered around Brainiacs storyline however due to time issues i had to bury the project :( i'd hope someone else does something like that, I found out about the game due to some mini episode someone did.
    • Like x 2
  3. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I would go as far as having an legendary created player tounrey with known players from youtube and the community and broadcast it with commentary.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

Create DCUO watermark banners signed straight from DC itself, Offering them to TV stations,Youtubers, and even create a huge display at Madison Sq. Garden :cool: this game will get more eyes for sure.
    • Like x 1
  5. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Yeah I think its not enough t obe like its free to play they can even go on that PSN creators show with Will Wheaton. And promote the game I'm sure Playstayion will not charge them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I've already told lots of friends about the game, yet none enjoyed playing.
    I believe the game needs a playing-tutorial explaining about roles and things like that.
    You can even make them play their first stage as a lvl 30 toon with a pre-made loadout just so they know how fun it is once they reach lvl 30.
    Many games have done it.
    Something like playing just the beginning of your mentor mission when you reach 30, but with a tutorial explaining about the pre-made loadout you have and how to use it, it would be a tutorial specific for the chosen power, but very general, just explaining a little about AM and WM.
    Then when you finish this tutorial (I assume by defeating the first boss of the mentor mission) you have a flashback and start the game as always, braininac's ship, teaching fighting mechanics, block break, etc.
    • Like x 4
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Its not the developers job to advertise. Its the marketing department at DBG, they probably have no budget for DCUO advertisement. They could go the route of social media advertisement which would cost almost nothing, but it seems they lack the staff.
  8. YesMyCirce New Player

They don't, because they don't care anymore.

For 80% of the staff, the game is dead. I can't blame them.
    • Like x 2
  9. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

It's not a secret if you and most everyone else knows about it.
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i don't get paid too tell players about Dcuo.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dogico Loyal Player

Source?
    • Like x 2
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

We could all put on our Superman/Batman/Wonderwoman underwear, hats, tshirts, beltbuckles, shoes, necklaces, dypers, bellybutton rings etc. And run around town with our DC character toys, Slurpee cups, pogo sticks, bycycles, skateboards, automobile stickers ect. Screaming crazy talk and explain how we can't have those likeness in game cause it would somehow hurt DC's image. :confused:
  13. RLManuel Committed Player

Lol this is hilarious. The DEV's are not promoting this game at all... They make A LOT of money off the stupid stuff they have for sale and the replay badges but are there any advertisements about this game? The answers is no... Lol they could do commercials and that would be enough, but do they? The answer is no....
    • Like x 1
  14. Kill Shot Well-Known Player

The problem is two fold... Yes the advertising isn't really there.

But, no one would stay and we run off anyone who is starting now anyway.

Why you ask... This community is horrible at making people feel welcome.

I have played for 4 years and I've seen things change for the worse in this community.

Examples:

I get in a Throne run and 5 people are in their league chat the whole time and there is only two in the chat... It failed 4 times until I typed get into the chat so we can get this done.

I have joined countless groups like this with people that have mics but stay in League chat. The only time they leave their LG chat is to yell at someone for doing something wrong.

People usually play MMO's because of the interaction with other people. New players that don't have leagues or good leagues are not going to stay.

People in LFG that only want 120+ for content we did at 112 or 114. New people need gear too. They won't stay if they can't get into content.

If we don't get better at communing with new players and helping them learn and get geared....

This game will take it's last breath soon.
    • Like x 1
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

i do FB, twitter, word of mouth helps, youtube, friends on PSN.

and simply just trying to invite ppl you know who have PS3/4/PC to come try it :p

is what I did with a few ppl about 2 years ago with a room mate and his buddy.
  16. Kreachure Committed Player

17. Unida Dedicated Player

err its not the devs job to advertise the game at all, thats marketing - not game development....

we're into what... year 4-5? and i can't really recall anything of any note done to promote the game. TBH it boggles my mind how you can have such massive franchises like superman - batman - etc and do virtually nothing to capitalize on that IP. Obviously we arent privy to all the licensing agreements behind the scenes etc but cmon......

outside of that, nobody streams it on Twitch and anyone that does any research and finds these forums will run for the hill after the first page of thread content. DCUO had a decent boost from being easy to obtain via PS network but on the flipside was completely handicapped by the PS3 being an antique (and getting more irrelevant every day).

I dont even know what could be done to promote this any more. the best thing I can think of is to roll out the 4+ yr old launch video and tack it onto any and every DC movie property that's on the release slate, and this must include Supes v. Bats.

realistically, chances of this happening are less than zero - so, *shrug*.

kinda sad really.
  18. hudapak Well-Known Player

Why do I have to advertise a product that doesn't meet my expectations? Just asking.
    • Like x 2
  19. Avian Dedicated Player

I have seen the youtube channel Polaris advertise DCUO during some of their Friendzone livestreams, they also played the game for a bit during one of them but other than that I haven't seen much else in terms of advertising the game. Personally I think MMOs are hard to advertise because you really need to show some of the best bits to attract people and the game being over 4 years old makes it even harder.
  20. Lionxoft Committed Player

They don't want you to that's why they removed the referral program.
    • Like x 4