How Bad Is Your DCUO Addiction?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eve YouTuber

Thank you! It means alot to me. Good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this about DCUO. It's not supposed to mess anything, but sometimes when I switch the launcher gets stuck. :( If I could ever share again... I got burned really hard recently so I find it hard to share.
    • Like x 2
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

My big gaming addiction was the original EQ when it first came out. I was commuting to college at the time and would install the game on whatever computer lab computer I was on. I would play a bit on the morning before getting ready for classes, play in the computer lab (often skipping classes) then go home and play late into the night.

DC is a bit of an addiction lately. With the wife working out of town 4 days out of the week, my routine is to play for at least 2-3 hours after I get in from work almost every night until I go to bed. When the weather is bad outside on work holidays or the weekend I will often play all day and into the night.
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Oh I'd say it's up there ;):p

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  4. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

That picture.....dare I say it........It's magnificent!! :p
    • Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

We have a term for that: the sunk cost fallacy.
    • Like x 1
  6. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I agree. The game became a chore after a while, and way too grindy (spend to speed up progress!) for me to enjoy anymore. Feels like a mobile game now with pay to speed up mechanics. While not necessary, augments help, as well as the talismans or whatever they are. Amulet things, forget the name. When Spytle was around, the game felt like a lot of love was involved. Maybe it was because of the FNL videos where you can see them having fun with it, maybe not. Just feels like a giant cash out now. The whole direction changed.
  7. AZPrime Active Player

I know this thread is mostly tongue-in-cheek, but if you do feel that you're honestly addicted to this game (or any game, for that matter) to the point that you can't function properly without thinking about it, you may want to get some psychological help. Game addiction is a real thing that can easily get out of hand if you're not careful about realizing what effects it's having on your well-being.

Game addiction and narcissism are two different things.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I have to ask AZ. Is it narcissistic to have pictures of yourself? I mean...that is essentially what those pictures are to Chill. Not to mention, they are actually paid for professional images that Chill had made. So, not only are they memories for him, as are most pictures, they are artwork.
  9. AZPrime Active Player

A couple of pictures around the house, or in a photo album - that's normal. A bunch of pictures of yourself posing, that look professionally printed and placed in what look like William Sonoma frames, arranged to draw attention - yes, that appears quite narcissistic to me.
    • Like x 2
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

"A bunch" is 3? That seems a bit stretching. Meh...we are distracting from the thread. If you feel it is narcissistic, go for it. I personally don't think it is. Now, if it was like an entire wall collage or something then yeah I'd be like..."Damn Chill. That a bit much don't you think?". lol
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Designed to draw attention for who lol? They are placed within like the 3 foot gap between my desk and cabinets. Also why wouldn't I have them professionally printed and framed? to just have them printed from my printer and in a dollar store frame would be an insult to the time and dedication that iLLu158 https://twitter.com/iLLu158 put into them. Are you going to say the dozens of other players that he has done illustrations for inlcuding all the artwork Torikumu has were narcissists as well for getting them done?

• Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, someone fantasizing being a superhero in a superhero game is clearly bizarre and abnormal.
    • Like x 1
  13. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

As the OP, I don't think its distracting or off topic, if its associated with how much someone is obsessed with this game.
    • Like x 1
  14. MainMan52 Well-Known Player

It's non-existent for me. Haven't played in years. Sold my account.
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And being a villain in the game is no fun when you're one in real life.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m so addicted that I can’t walk away no matter how much stress and humiliation this game causes me on an almost daily basis. I really should just throw in the towel because this game is clearly no longer for me, but I’d be lost without it.
    • Like x 4
  17. Eve YouTuber

I totally understand you. If it wasn't for DCUO I would be a goner, and People bullied me here as well.
    I'm taking things to heart so easily, people take advantage of it and hurt me.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The BS in this latest episode just got to me this morning. I had to walk away from the console. So many broken mechanics and too much catering to hardcore players... even the solo is aggravating me. I just feel like I’m no longer welcome here in DCUO.
  19. Eve YouTuber

I'm sorry you feel like this :\
  20. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

Which broken mechanics? And the solo is for hardcore players only?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.