How about daily & weekly scaled content that's rotated like LPVE content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knarlydude, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's the whole idea. This is for end game players. Well not really but this way end game players are not being nerfed. The instances are brought up to them. I'm thinking they would be in the events section but a hard mode if you will.
    • Like x 1
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yes please and make it snappy.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Im all for this. Another bump
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wholeheartedly agree.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

I would love to see this happen.
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

Love it! I thought of it many times, it would be an interesting way to run old amazing content with current rewards.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I like the idea.

Then again, I'd also like to see a genuine Legends raid.
    • Like x 1
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Me too :)
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

This would be AWESOME SAUCE. :)
  10. Awsome Well-Known Player

I wrote about an idea on this earlier last month. I called it Syndication. You can read the whole thing here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...tion-a-fully-fleshed-out-episode-idea.298880/

Basically, my idea was to package together similar content of old raids, alerts, duos and warfronts (typically by episode, but some episodeless like FoS or smaller episodes can be grouped together). Each week feature these syndicated episodes as both an event version (clamped) and a high level version. You would earn whatever the current marks are at a reduced rate, along with the marks of that episode if applicable and MoVs.
    I recommended adding an additional encounter in each as well, and other changes. But I do think that syndicating old episodes would be a huge boon to the game. It would allow people who had to rush through to enjoy the content. It would give older players a chance to replay old content in a meaningful way. I would give new players a chance to actually get into that content.
    Right now, the only feasible way to level a player is to constantly play the event. This will add old content into events.
    Please check it out!
  11. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

One big, major problem with this.

Rewards.

While it is not mentioned, it will not have the desired effect without gear that helps with progression.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with that, but there is a reason why people don't run hard content and why these topics typically ask for something that can help with progression.

It will have the same affect as SM, with few running it, while the rest wait on the next new hotness.

Put another way they skipped it the first time when it may have been tough for them, why would they run it now when it will be tough for them now?

If there is a great answer, cool.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I mentioned rewards and other thing back in August when I made this thread.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...otated-like-lpve-content.298014/#post-4163274
    ^^^^^here^^^^^
    I try to bump every once in a while because it generally seemed like players would play the content.
  13. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

The one in red was my first thought as well, getting an idea of (maybe even mentor-specific) content specially designed for weekly/daily but: Lot of more manpower involved in the specialized content while result may even be worse. After all, especially the vets around want "their" glory days back while new players need feats from old content, making this the two birds one stone thing - if new loot added like suggested maybe even three birds.

They can come up with specially designed content for weekly/daily later once the approach worked out. DCUO is an aging game, can't take too many risks anymore.
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

this ^ x2
  15. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I once started a thread on the same subject as well, again the rewards.

I get what we would want, I do.

The thing is you would have people that would run the old vs the new in most cases for at tiered gear, which would effect new content that was designed and effect the sales.

The rest of the loot, outside of PvP gear which should only be earned in PvP type content, would not be worth it to huge swaths of the population making doing this not worth the effort.

Simply becomes another SM because they are locked on how we progress with our toons.
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

As someone mentioned in another thread, I think extra Nth metal is a good reward. Other items people would want are Pristine exobytes for your current tier. I would also like extra MoV since I need lots of the tier and rare styles. I bought most of the feats when I moved from the hero to villain side, but I don't actually have the styles and don't want to spend replays to get them. So more MoV are valuable to me.
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Then that would be stat clamping and we all know how that floats like a lead balloon.

Me personally, I'm ok with it but others. OMG,............ stat clamped is the end of the world.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I seriously don't know what to tell ya.

But I do know that older content drops extra marks already, if they dropped more I know I still wouldn't want to run content I completely finished and I am sure that the same problems would still be there.
  20. Ringz Dedicated Player

I too mention this idea last year. They then implemented such thing by putting catalyst in the lower content as the only means for end game players to level up their artifacts, eventually they scrapped the idea for the vendor and marketplace implementations.

The only other problem with this is scaled. Folks don't like to have their stats capped off so this idea was another case of "community can't agree to things so". Case closed.
    • Like x 1