How about daily & weekly scaled content that's rotated like LPVE content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knarlydude, Aug 11, 2018.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

How much money would it cost/ how time consuming would it be, to make old content relevant with new rewards?
  2. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I think daily solo, duo and alert roulette and weekly raid and elite raid roulette should be implemented. Here's the concept.
    Take all on duty content. Place each instance from t1 to t9 into a roulette que of their nature. Sync to the tier and receive a lootbox not unlike those we get from open world missions. In these lootboxes there's a loot table. 2 gear choices, a weapon choice, choice of relevant currency and an exobyte choice. Roulettes would give MoV but the lootbox would give 1 for example titan credit, Duo 2 titan credits, alert 5, raid 10 and elite raid 15. 15 for elite cause these queues sync to the random instances maximum item level in which you would get rewards. This would give us more to do daily and weekly. But only way you unlock roulette is to have completed all content in that sub-category.
    • Like x 1
  3. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Hmm Prime Battleground at level........I like this idea, it sounds more fun than scaling down for older raids to get that old day DCUO/Dark Souls feel again
    • Like x 2
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

This worked tremendously when they made the tier 4 duos based on the mentor missions. It helped fill the huge hole in available content at CR70. I'm sure alerts and raids would be harder to scale, but it could have longevity.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

AnB at end game would be hilarious. Could groups even get past Sinestro? Then Paradox wave. Just doing FOS 1,2 & 3 at end game. How many could really do those now and have to follow the mechanics of the instances? The possibilities are huge.

IKR, how many endgame players could actually do the mechanics from older content without screaming for nerfs?

DCUO is sitting on a goldmine and they are letting that go to waste.
    • Like x 3
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Pretty please..... :D
  7. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I feel syncing us back down to the old max rewards cr would give us a nice change of pace. This would allow us to earn currecy/gear while keeping new content from getting stale too fast. Note roulette cannot be replayed seeing that most will be daily that way people can continue replaying the new content should they choose so not to affect the replay sale income that in my opinion the game needs. I think tossing in a stabilizer into the lootbox loot table may also entice people to jump on board with the roulette concept. Maybe making it random 50/50 chance either a weapon or stabilizer could drop as a loot choice.
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I LOVE the OP's idea but THAT just sent a shiver down my spine LOL Imagine some of our fabulous Cr WHATEVER players that spent $45 to jump straight to CR 170 from Character Creation and then basically tagged along without a clue .. now TRYING desperately to try not to die or cause multiple team wipes on stuff like FOS,, or Paradox Wave LOL

We all know they exist I had a Cr 200+ on a Corrupt Cathedral duo a while back that got lost 3 different times and I had to go back and rescue him. I've also out damage some of them with alts that were as much as 100 CR lower than they were.
    • Like x 1
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

How about FOS 3? Hey......guys.

What are those RED rings (POW)????????????
    WTH[IMG].............I'm dead. LOL
  10. IceRaider Dedicated Player

This is why the ones who know the mechanics should show new players the ropes. Doesn't help that in the past am I'm guilty of this we higher cr players queue an old raid for whatever reason and steamroll it but never stop and think maybe I should teach mechanics. Here's a way we as a community of veterans actually help the new population so that they might become a good addition to good players.
    • Like x 1
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You should have seen me in Fatal Exams the last time I ran it. I had to make the players do the puzzle room. I aggroed the boss when they were expecting me to wipe the floor with them. I had to tell them what to do while I held block........ At first they almost refused to listen. Then they figured out that I was not going to KO the boss for them. After that I go and get all messed up in the fan room LOL. I had to make them do final boss too. I had to pick them up more than a few times at first because they thought I was going to wipe the floor with the boss's while they stood their & watched. It was all kind of comical.

If you don't make the majority of players do the mechanics when they have a higher CR player. They just will not do it. Some are as bad as leaving instances if you are not overgeared. The only way to fix this type of mentality is to stop letting players get carried but that's a discussion for another topic all together.
    • Like x 3
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This would help with "End Game Boredom".
    • Like x 3
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

IKR, The devs could definitely do this for the rotation of dailies as well.
    • Like x 2
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Ugh. Don't remind me. That place makes me feel like a daycare provider or something.

"No, the green one with the green one!" "The green one!" "Not the orange one!" "Get that out of your nose right now!"
    • Like x 3
  15. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Yep, we get all crabby with new players no knowing Jack about mechanics in the same time we're steamrolling a raid or alert just because we want to get in and out. Yes some new players don't listen but it's not all of them. We need to step up and teach because it's obvious the devs don't want to waste resources on making a thorough tutorial that will slow new players down and walk them through.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

While the hard work is already done as you said, there's still the task of bringing it up to a certain level. That still takes time and still requires internal testing...and seeing how easy it is to break something else unintentionally that is a lot to ask them to do on a weekly basis. That's just what I see as the potential problem to this idea. If anything, maybe a monthly rotation of Alert or Raid.
    • Like x 1
  17. Entrust Committed Player

I love the idea.

However, I fear the following will flood the forums:

"They're just rehashing old content."

"They can update old duos/alerts/raids, but can't fix PvP?"

"I already grinded this to the point of hating it. Stop wasting time in this & give us something new!"

Btw, those are the polite versions. I don't feel like getting banned for posting the comments players would actually be saying, LOL.

Still, I really like the idea & would play them if offered.
    • Like x 3
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You are assuming they will pay the least bit of attention. At the moment I am working on an alt I created and am at Cr 104. So along with a number of other missions I have been doing the duos available in the Wastelands.. Now because time and time again i have wound up teamed with some one that has never done the Knightdome duo before I TRY to provide some very helpful (life saving) advice... Basically as the final boss battle draws near: "When the cut scene ends as we start to battle Jesse follow me back to the entrance .. The Prize becomes TOXIC and will help him kill us"

You have no idea how many times that cut scene ends, I turn and race back to the door, out of range of Prize's green toxic vapor and right beside a healing crystal we can use to help us stay health and power us up while we battle Jesse.. And as soon as i turn around I am staring at my so called team mate still standing there right beside the Prize dying between Jesse's attacks and that green glowing fog. Fortunately as I got my CR up closer to 100 I was able to just take out Jesse solo after they died.

Now it is possible I was teamed with some one that didn't speak or read English.. I have had that in the past... But what I just described has happened maybe 3 or 4 times in the past week? Am I actually getting that many team mates from Brazil? I'm sure others have similar stories from all sorts of raids, alerts, and duos.. You can't teach if they refuse to learn LOL
    • Like x 1
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I LOL'd on that one...............because it's true. XD
    • Like x 1
  20. Yes We Can Active Player

and then wait for all the nerf threads that say halls of hades is too hard or omg assbat how do we keep dying last boss?

Seems like a good idea but good luck finding people that actually know the mechanics of it.
    • Like x 1