Honest opinion of “Then” and “Now” Omnipotent Gear?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Nov 18, 2018.

1. L T Devoted Player

The combination of Dominance + Restoration in the OP gear makes it extra valuable for healers. It's typically 3-4 DLCs before you get enough restoration to match the heal strength of the Resto+Dom of the OP stuff. You just have to decide if you want to sacrifice might, precision, and heal for stronger heals.

Also, if you play both roles, there's a certain niceness to being able to use the same piece of gear in both armories.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Cool story bro.

But all the gear and stats in the hands of a competent player is going to result in you getting beaten.

So stats and gear do matter theres just a number of less skillful players who spam replays too.
    • Like x 2
  3. L T Devoted Player

My sense was that the stats lasted about as long as pieces do now. However it was so obscenely rare that I never bothered with it before. Now I always get the OP piece, usually just as the episode is ending. Usually on more than one toon.
    • Like x 1
  4. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Honestly only thing I would improve upon in current op gear is, the pieces that allow for white mods from base vendor have dual slots. For example my main is ice so having an op hands piece would have 2 sl8ts 1 for max damage affecting my dps role and 1 slot for maybe regenerative shielding that affects my tank role. Other than that op gear in its current format is pretty decent.
    • Like x 1
  5. L T Devoted Player

OP Gear counts as elite as far as affinity mod activation.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Thanks for that insightful tip.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Right. My point was that that's that's why I'm hanging on to the Deluge shoulders until I can replace with new elite shoulders. Thus, my 2 and a half episodes statement (Deluge, Titans, Atlantis until elite shoulders obtained).