Honest opinion of “Then” and “Now” Omnipotent Gear?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Please, just be honest and tell me what you think about current Omnipotent Gear please pieces compared to current Omnipotent Geer.

From my personal experience, I feel that OP gear now is expendable after one or two episodes of content. Normal gear from those episodes end up with higher stat value in certain instances which makes grinding or spending money at the broker for collections...debatable. Is it really worth the effort now guys?

I remember when Omnipotent Gear pieces were so good that even when new gear dropped, it was vastly superior in all stats. People literally used to keep all the pieces on because there was no reason to switch from it. Older pieces also used to give us “Toughness” which was pretty cool for open world PvP fun as well.

Is there a way we can come up with ideas to fix or influence this?

“MAKE OMNIPOTENT GEAR GREAT AGAIN!”

Lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Then and Now OP gear.... has always remained the same to me.. I don't really care for it.

You always replace them after every episode, and they are more of a bragging rights piece of equipment versus something that's truly valuable.

I would care more about the OP items, but as soon as you get the next piece of green gear from whatever the next episode is; it immediately becomes obsolete.

But sadly, I also know that if we made OP items be greater than the new green and blue drops from the newer content; folks on here that dislike elite would throw a fit about it.
  3. Eve YouTuber

I'm trying to get them, but they aren't a most for me. Weren't then, aren't now
  4. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Exactly. That’s why I feel “pre-revamp” Omnipotent Gear was far superior than what we have now.
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Definitely not now. I wouldn’t dare grind or spend money at broker for it now
    • Like x 1
  6. Brit Loyal Player

/shrug. The only one I've ever really cared about was the Starro face, and that was mostly just because it looks cool as a style.
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Seriously. It was only good for 1 episode and then the green gear from the next one surpasses it in all stats but dominance.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dene Devoted Player

No OP gear is only good for 1 episode - it is designed specifically to be good for 2. Depending on the gear some use it for 3 - because stats they want to keep high are still "in the green"
    • Like x 4
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The fact that OP gear is focusing more on unique cosmetics and feat points should tell you something, lol...
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

Well that's true. Still using the Deluge op Shoulders.
    • Like x 3
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Like the recent way better. Cool styles, they count as Elite Gear, have better stats. I'm all in. Also, you can use them for more than one DLC, so that's cool.
    • Like x 4
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The OP items are the best in slot for 2 DLC's.

The current one, the subsequent one and is then generally the last piece replaced in the third DLC.

This means that a piece of OP gear is lasting you approximately 10 months if each DLC lasts about 3.5 months

What more do you want from a single piece of gear?
    • Like x 8
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

best item for 2 episodes which is nowadays half a year so yeah add a feat on top and its totally worth the chase
    • Like x 2
  14. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

And best for two episodes in both roles. I don't get why people are so upset about OP gear *shrug*
    • Like x 3
  15. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

I've been keeping up with OP gear since Earth 3 content. I'm still using the Deluge OP shoulders for the elite bonus that it gives and likely won't drop it until I get the Atlantis OP helm or another piece of elite gear to replace it.
    • Like x 1
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

easier than ever to get. i need the collection from the vendor and one more piece and the new op item is mine. i usually dont get it untill the double mark weekend...
    • Like x 2
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

One Episode a year.

... you didn't say it had to be a good idea. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

IMO they're good for 2 1/2 episodes. I'll replace the deluge shoulders with Atlantis Elite shoulders once I get them. The affinity mod activation is pretty valuable to me.
    • Like x 1
  19. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

None of it is worth anything! I’ve came up against countless people with full elite gear, OP items, and now with the augments and artifacts - and easily beaten them for damage. I’ve 37289k standing might - and been destroyed by both versions of the bow WM attacks. A good rotation will always beat gear and sp. an exploit rotation will leave you wondering why in the name of Christ you’ve spent money on this game, trying to build up a toon to compete at the top. There’s no need for op gear, elite gear, 6000sp. understanding of mechanics, positioning, communication, got everyone through content for many years.

All these artifacts, sp, OP items etc - are just make-believe. A way to make you feel inferior to the ones who spend most of their time actively searching out new exploits.

If you got into a league, that just played within itself, and had no interest in OP gear etc, and youse could comfortably run the content - you’d realise how completely useless it is. All of it is just to make you feel less of a player, so you’ll spend on TC’s to get feats, spend on replays to get gear. That’s it! And it’s just the same circle being run around.

I’ve reset my sp and ran raids with 2 active sp, and came 2nd in damage of a group of players who weren’t crappy by any means. Try it yourselves, see how much difference it makes. Do it as a league run, with people who know what they’re doing and you trust.

Of course you can play the game for free too, and still get everything - but many months of serious grinding down the line. Artifacts etc... take so long just to do one. And you have to purchase seals. The amount of stats artifacts and augments give now are ridiculous. Back when AFIII was released, my toon had 25+k might. Then the revamp (which I wasn’t around for) came back - and all this change, and all these new gimmicks, only for my might to be 10-11k sp better off from a dlc 2 years old.

I deleted my card details off my ps a month ago after it dawning on me how mentally challenged it is to constantly chase the dragon with this game. The only money this company will ever see from me again, is a sub! And I’m still not sure if I’ll even do that.
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

Original ‘RNG’ OP gear had a limited shelf life due to CR differential. The stats were amazing, but it wasn’t all rosy in the garden.
    • Like x 2