Home Turf Daily solo missions way to hard for fresh CR70

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Latechs, May 7, 2013.

1. johnnyops New Player

Yes it can be a tad difficult for fresh CR70s, trollers in particular. I remember seeing lots of threads from trollers when it first came out.

As others have stated:
    1) I would recommend you start working on a DPS set that you always carry with you
    2) Don't be afraid to respec to a DPS spec so you can complete the mission. Once you get some gear you shouldn't have to do this (additionally search for the dual-spec thread that might help)

Mainframe Mods
    When I first hit 70 I wanted to save marks so I only got the first two tiers of the mainframe (they are permanent), that should be enough to get thru the first few times (once you get a 125 or 131 weapon it gets a lot easier).

-Supply station
    -Sidekick (STAFF)
    -Tactical Mods - Use absorption until you feel comfortable with the missions (when you have some white socket gear)

Don't spam these right away, save them and use them for healing.

Example (assumes you have utility belt with at least 1-3 slots)
    +Build up SC if it's really hard
    +Pop trinket
    +50% dmg buff, lay down some dmg or SC

At this point you want to cycle healing options
    -50 - 75% (pop soder to start shortest timer)
    -Next 50 - 75% - pop sidekick
    -Sidekick should be able to keep you alive for a bit assuming you are utilizing the proper block,block breaker mechanics
    -Once sidekick goes away, use supply station
    -Hope your soder has recycled and pray

Sometimes my sidekick will bug and not show up. If you die, wait again for all your cooldowns before you go back in.

Other mainframe mods:
    I find the other mods pretty useless at tier 1 and 2 but feel free to test and see for yourself.
  2. REEEPR New Player

I know some purists want to run the entire game in their support role but trust me, get dps gear. From Split personality to Spec ops gear out of duos, you simply knuckle down and put the big mods in 60 or above gear and

A) Get solos done quicker. Quicker content means you can run more content per day.

B) These threads won't pop up anymore because you'll be able to beat those HT bosses with a little practice, netting you 74 gear.
  3. Latechs New Player

I completed the solo missions and got to do the solo instances I get to go in every 5 days. Steelworks was easy once I just ran around on the upper levels till T.O did what he needed, then jumped in when steele came in and he was easy, died 6 times on the mobs trying to help him before. Black canary took 2 tries, had to bring 3 heal barrels with me to beat her, died 5 times in the first room where I was overwhelmed by too many enemies, rest was cake up to the boss. Should be easier now since I got my HT accomplice and supply drops going now. too bad both bosses dropped healer and tank gear I cant use, woulda been nice to get something I could use. at least I got the mission reward ones. I am gadgets, acrobatics, and on USPC PVP server.
  4. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Reread what I said, I said that running T4 solo content isn't the best idea for gearing up if you're not a legit (unmodded) 70 CR player and you should run 4 man and 8 man content. In a sense you should run content that you can be carried though as you're not appropriately geared for any real T4 content where you need to rely on your own power alone.
  5. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I've found that these missions really made me rethink my strategy compared to the previous solo stuff. A few things I've found that help:
    * Ace is so much easier than Strykers. Try to stick to Ace if possible.
    * Some of the bosses have little tricks that you can use. For example, the Sludge monster. For this one you can target lock and let it chase you around the big pole while your soda timer recharges.
    * Try to go into the final battles (and the internal instance) with a full supercharge. The birds are good for recharging.
    * Have a play with your loadout. Supercharge heals are awesome, as are shields. As you're a controller, look at crowd control (especially Stasis Field and Gauze Grenade for gadgets).
    * If you need to, get a little help on the final bosses in the external areas. There are often other people around doing them, so just fight it together and you both get credit.
    * The Ace internal mission doesn't punish you much for dying and doesn't reset like the Strykers one. Keep raising the robots and scientists and make use of the heal barrel (which respawns fairly quickly).
  6. Hirollr New Player

yes it is hard for a troll. In my opinion the hardest. Ace Chemicals is very much doable in troll gear. Strykers on the other hand you will need dps gear to beat inside. Also definitly invest in the backup from your base. It makes a big difference on how easy it makes it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I'm not a huge fan of the Home Turf mainframe stuff, but you're right about them making it easier. The other one I found was extremely useful was the one that has a chance to pop a shield when you attack (can't remember the name but I think it's a weapon mod). I found that while using handblasters (or even spamming shurikens with martial arts) it triggers unbelievably often.
  8. Motive New Player

I wish people would stop asking things to be easier whenever they get stuck.

I first found outside Ace missions hard, my league told me to get some DPS gear and it got easier and easier the more I got. I learnt to use my DPS role with a better loadout and a self heal. Now I have done the inside Ace mission a few times and get through the outside Ace missions really fast.

Now I'm moving on to Strykers, which I still find tough. But I don't want them to just make it easier so I can do it. I want to improve as a player, get better gear, learn the mechanics and feel good when I finally beat it!
  9. dWI New Player

let me guess, you spend most of your time in these instances being counter knockdowned?

the problem is that all npcs have weapon types now, so it would be good to become versed in pvp, at least to the point where you can recognize all weapon types combo animations.

i had no problem running them as a fresh cr70, however the majority of my time in game is spent in instanced pvp so i knew when to use which combo.

in fact i recently ran both ace and strykers in between the new t1 and t2 pvp gear and it went about the same. when using pvp gear in pve, you are giving up damage reduction for far more health.

also whoever recommended having a dps set, was on target for solos. however ive started to use a mixture of dps and role specific gear to be able to only have to carry one set of gear for everything i run. i will disclose ive stopped doing group pve completely due to how most players dont understand the new way pve and pvp are crossing over.

the last thing is be open to switching roles, i play as a dps in solo pve and as a controller in pvp unless facing a tank in a 1v1. also note tanking these solos without experience with weapon type combos is not a good idea. the block when overwhelmed tactic doesnt apply when all the npcs can break.
    • Like x 1
  10. RSL New Player

another reason people might find this difficult is they're rushing through and skipping other lower level content [and missing out on both learning game mechanics and skill points] in the mad rush to get to the top tier and announce how bored they are in shout. there's lots of content that you CAN run and will prepare you for the difficulty of higher level content. try running some of that and getting some more experience and skill points etc under your belt and you should have an easier time. the home turf content is meant to be challenging and still doable. the game has to provide content not just for those players who level up 8-manning bane but those players who have played since beginning and are looking to stay engaged as well. there's always a LOT of content for lesser skilled/prepared players. it's no one's fault [but theirs] that they chose to not play it or play the minimum required to skip ahead.
  11. FrostyMagma New Player

yea. curious! how many skill points dou you have i have been able to complete these alerts successfully with the min cr requirements. It takes some stratedgy, block, block break, and the most unused of all DODGE. They are not easy but doable in a reasonable amount of time, i suggest trying to work on skill points and get your innates and remix colas. In my opinion skill points are more important than gear gear is easy to get skill points take work.

Molten Magma
    155 sp usps3
  12. RSL New Player

i don't mean to sound [too] dismissive with that post btw. don't be afraid to ask for help but understand that help might mean explaining and teaching how things work and not just being carried through to get your marks and move on to even harder content you aren't prepared for.

things to remember about the instances:

ACE
    1. you can die in the fight and come back without a [big] penalty
    2. the health barrels in the center respawn really fast. use that to your advantage for your health/power as well as that of steel.
    3. you can activate the friendly npcs to help you. these guys also respond well to health barrels. ;)

strikers
    -----------
    1. you can't die without restarting the whole shebang. this is frustrating.
    2. listen to the friendly npc who describes who you're going to be fighting and choose the shield that counter-acts their powers. he'll describe their powers as well as name their real name [not 'parasite' but 'rudy']
    3. stay near the foam turret and try to take the LAST person foamed to the door [not the first]. imo the carrying part here is the hardest as some randomly seem not to respond to the foam and keep fighting me.
    4. block. block. block. use some home turf mods to add defense to your blocking, as well as damage.

bring and drink the best sodas you can and you will [eventually] be able to get this done fairly easily. i still find strikers to be challenging a lot due to the randomness of the prisoner npc with regard to the foam. but don't get frustrated and start just buttonmashing. if you do, leave the instances and come back. do things you know you can succeed at. playing frustrated is the easiest way to fail.

hope that helps.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

no please devs dont make anything easier being challenged is what makes you better it causes you to think about a room and how to aproach it. by running harder content you have to learn servivability how to kite around a room waiting on a soda to cooldown. how to pull seperate groups in to smaller bites. I love how hard the content and hope with future updates they give us harder and harder content as gear progresses.
    and yes content can be beat with any role I have beat all of them with all of the roles with lower gear. its not easy but it can be done and once you have the stratgy
  14. Captain Spire New Player

Just like the Two Face / Penguin mission
  15. DrewCheech New Player

In my experience, going into any solo/duo/alert/raid at the minimum CR requirement is like playing a game on the hardest difficulty. It's not even worth it, you die 20x in one mission and your no longer having fun. I'm at CR59, and I can enter the T3 duo's, but I won't. Unless I wanna spend all my $$ on repairs.
    I'm usually comfortable in a mission when I'm at LEAST 10 points higher then the recomended CR.
  16. Octantis New Player

Easiest thing to do is go buy some High Voltage Damage gear and do it in Damage Role. I had 75+ controller stuff and it wasted me. Switch to just High Voltage Damage and it was 10 times easier. The trick is to do them as a DPS, not a Support
  17. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

it isnt that hard. what is your weapon, powerset and role? im cr 84 and i sometimes die on strykers in the begining, but i have beat it a few times now.
  18. Yui Loyal Player

You can team up with people who have the same missions as you.
  19. Carthage New Player

If you go into Home Turf solos at the minimum CR, you're playing at the highest possible difficulty. And if you do it while in controller role, you're changing the nature of the fight from burst damage to attrition.

In an attrition fight the most powerful roles are Healer > Tank > DPS > Controller.

In other words, you're taking on the Solo in the hardest way possible. That's great if that's what you enjoy doing, if it's not then get a set of DPS gear like the Central City 2.5 gear.

Now, if you're absolutely intent on fighting in Controller role you need to realize that you have changed the nature of the fight into a marathon for survival. Your opponent hits harder than you do when you're in Controller role, so that means you need to find a way to extend your health bar to outweigh that damage.

There's a couple of ways to do this. Shields, colas, barrels, supercharges and supply drops.

So, plan your loadout accordingly. Your advantage as a controller is Power. Load up on shields. Controllers have access to their normal shields + Hard Light shield + consumable shields from boxes/recipes. They also have supercharges that either shield or heal. Toss in your colas, a back up (who heals) vs henchman (who doesn't heal), and a supply drop. Then you have abilities that reduce/split damage away from you like pets (turrets), decoys (holographic decoy/consumable), or abilities that drop aggro from you to your pets.

Stretch out the fight, get your abilities on a rotation to both extend the value of your self heals and shields, but more importantly so that you have sufficient power to keep using those abilities.

If you think you're going to burn down the Stryker's boss in controller role, it's not going to happen at CR 70. You'll need to play to your strengths, time your use of blocks and block breaks, and play to your strengths. Even then expect it to be long and difficult.

Your other option is go DPS and get a decent off role set. You'll find it will be much easier.
    • Like x 1
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Lol I had never thought to try that. Had some difficulty with this one on low CR guys but found ways to muddle through, not as good as what you did though =)

Either way Grats, glad to hear you're finding ways to be successful.