Holy Cow, Batwoman and Gotham City Are Coming to the Next Arrowverse Crossover

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, May 17, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I have not seen it yet as I am not caught up on the shows, I know I don't need to be but I like to be.

That said as someone who listens to John Campea's show daily I did of course hear his review of the crossover. There's no real spoilers but he does go into a rant again about Superman's treatment and there is some fowl language.

2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Those are massively different things.

FOX fully bought all the movie rights of the X-men property, during a time when Marvel was in desperate need of money. This gave FOX complete control of what they could do with the property.

Where as with the Gotham show, it's just a TV show. Somebody came up with the idea, got approval from DC/WB and the FOX TV network picked it up and aired it. There's was no transfer of ownership in this case, just a show being aired on a certain network. Just look at the Lucifer show, that is a DC Comics property as well, it was on FOX but they canceled it and now its going to Netflix.
  3. Aren Sul Committed Player

Going to make a prediction for the Crisis on Infinite Earths follow-up:
    (I haven't had the time to scan articles/posts on this, so apologies if someone else said it first)

One end result will be a merging of CW's Earth 1 (Arrow/Flash) with Earth 38 (Supergirl). Here's why I think so.

Both properties were placed in separate universes as a script device to get around the existing contracts at the time, allowing for the first crossover with Supergirl (then on CBS). That also paved the way, once Supergirl moved to CW, to allow access when needed. However, jumping back and forth between universes has become bothersome, script-wise. It would be less inhibiting on scripts if that device didn't have to keep being used. Even plot-wise, it's become a little lame. (Jump. Hi, we're here. Cool, let's go. Jump).

Will this include other properties? Who knows, but at least there's a door open, should they need it. But I think Supergirl is a definite, which is why they went out of their way to introduce an Earth 1 versions of Alex Danvers and Jimmy Olsen.
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Have to admit I expected that as a result of this crossover already.
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

*My literal reaction while I was drinking after seeing that horrendous Batwoman trailer*
    [IMG]
    I'm all for girl power but this was laid on VERRRRRRRRRY THICK
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thicker than the entire run of "Supergirl"? o_O
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

So I saw the premier episode and I have to say it was good.

They just had a straight forward, solid origin story and except that one line of "it will be perfect when it fits a woman", they seemed to steer clear of the propaganda stuff that we were expecting.

The previews do still have me worried they will do what Supergirl did to Superman, to Batman.
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

it used to be any shade of queer at all could be a lifekiller...now you cant be gay enough...F these clowns who would tell you how to live...i do not think she is a good actor...thats my only beef...having said that i hope she heals fully...i heard she had an accident recently
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I haven't seen much of her other work so I don't have much to go on, but from what I saw in the pilot she does a good job in the role.

And yeah, finding out she had been hurt pretty badly doing stunts was pretty surprising.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...undergoes-emergency-surgery-due-to-stunt-work

Nothing while working on Batwoman, apparently, but still pretty serious.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

she has my best thoughts there...honestly...i remember when the 60s batman made it obvious to all just how silly it would be to run around in a cape punching people...its honesty was its realism...and it was Fing glorious to behold...now thanks to cutting edge FX ,CGI and near supertraining for super roles "realistic" usually means a near psychotically pumped Bale or Jackman..is running through actual explosions cause... "ACTION" reasons...I still like the laughs better frankly...though i appreciate all it takes to make modern movies stay gripping...but to hurt real people over imaginary havok...that needs to stop...