Holy Cow, Batwoman and Gotham City Are Coming to the Next Arrowverse Crossover

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, May 17, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That... was possibly somewhere on the list: "She isn't gay enough!"
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If the quote from Rose in the article is right, she was getting accused of not being gay at all. From the article:

“Where on earth did ‘Ruby is not a lesbian therefore she can’t be Batwoman’ come from,” asked Rose. “I came out at 12? And have for the past five years had to deal with ‘she’s too gay’. [H]ow do y’all flip it like that. I didn’t change.”
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I hope to Gods that they're going to update that suit to Batwoman's model in the game like they did for Supergirl.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

First of all, the CBS Supergirl look was temporary and is long gone now. The current look is straight from the comics not the show (thought they do look alike).

And secondly they just updated the Batwoman look with the Halloween event, which is also based on the current comic book design. So no more changes are coming to her.

Plus there is also the fact that DGC can not touch the TV/movie properties as they only have a contract with DC Comics and not WB, who own said properties.

My two cents on the recent change is, they shouldn't have done it, the look is bad. Now I'm not saying the devs did a bad job, they did a really good job of copying DC's current design for her. So this is all on DC for a bad look in the first place but do I so wish DGC would stop with the updating to current comic looks.

PS. This may read a bit agitated or angry, sorry it isn't meant to be.:)
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Your post is going to get a lot of heated flak from those who wants every character to be changed to their latest current version (whether it's in the comics or, worse, TV or, worser, the movies)

They simply can not accept the fact DCUO is supposed to be set in a pocket Universe with characters locked into their Iconic images

Personally, as much as prefer it to stay that way, having the occasional change (like the CW Soupgirl with tights, or the current Batwoman skulking around Gotham) is nice: as long as they remember to revert them back!!! #saynotoSuperOdo
    • Like x 1
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

It seems not just Batwoman will be appearing in the Elseworlds crossover special but John Wesley Shipp will be reprising his old role as the Flash from the 90s :eek: Darn, I gave up these DC/CW shows but they always find a way to get me back
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Here's a pic of JWS and Amell.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Gonna be really interesting to see what other rabbits they might pull out of their hats for that crossover. :D
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

JWS's suit still stands the test of time
    Shame haven't been able to see any of the CW shows for about two years now :(
  11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Arrowverse "Elseworlds" Crossover: First Look at the Monitor Revealed

[IMG]
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

o_O The Monitor is a Cybertronian who chose to disguise themselves as a parking meter?
    • Like x 1
  13. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

As of now it seems that this year's crossover will not include Legends. Which may indicate that the Batwoman will replace Legends in the schedule of next year. I do hope to be wrong on this one though....
  14. TheOtherTed Active Player

Diabolical, isn't it?
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's the thing that's got me wondering, though. Even without Legends or Black Lightning participating in the crossover, they STILL managed to pull off bringing Shipp back as his version of Barry Allen. If that's the kind of thing that they're bringing in and telling us about, it makes me wonder what they might be keeping under wraps to actually surprise us.
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

SPOILER READ AT OWN RISK

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

NO, REALLY!

Production pictures and cast lists give away that "Elseworld's" will play somewhere where Oliver Queen is the Flash and Barry Allen is the Green Arrow - unless that is a super clever feint and Amell had just fun trying the Flash outfit ;) That makes it highly probable that Batwoman's Gotham will not be on one of the Earths that already have an ongoing series. I hope I'm wrong though and they put her on Supergirl's Earth-38 or at least permanently move her there after the crossover (that can't go back thing writers use so often for drama effects like Monitor destroying that Elseworld Earth completely....).

Other favoured solutions on my end would be Earth 2 (really dig the look of Earth 2) or Earth 3 (so JWS would become a more permanent version of the Flash). Doubt though the writers will have this in themselves, since all the "it's becoming stall"-posts alone in this thread have a very good point. So, no real surprises ;)
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Cant wait to see Holy Cow on Arrow...so pumped.
    • Like x 2
  18. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Holy guacamole, someone's bad at skimreading :D
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

20. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1